KaynineXL

Question

Current desired things you can buy with BP:

Vitamins

Pimp up your secret base

Choice items

BP moves

PVP box

Vitamins - I think they aren't that useful considering EV training is much easier now, you'd have to be really lazy to do this lol.

Secret base items - Generally, this is just one time buy so it probably doesn't require too much BP and that's if people even want a secret base. I know I do, but a lot of people don't.

Choice items - Right now, they'll be desired.. Give it a few months and there will be a lot of them bought and they'll slowly go down in price until they are at the same level as Choice band. They're not consumable so people won't need to re-buy them which means I don't think it'll be a good enough way to dump the excess BP on.

BP Moves - People may need to buy a move occasionally, but I don't think this alone will be able to use up all that BP gained daily.

PvP Box - This is what a lot of waste their BP on, I know I did(rip 30k BP o7). I'm probably not buying these again lol.

----

I feel like with the amount of BP that's coming into the game we need a new item added to be purchased with BP, something that's always needed and something that's consumable. It looks like you've been trying to add more stuff to the BP store to try stop there being an abundance of BP lying around with adding vitamins and new choice items.

So why not PP UP/Max? They're always needed in large quantities, comps are made daily and they're consumable. 

Edited by KaynineXL

Choice items - Right now, they'll be desired.. Give it a few months and there will be a lot of them bought and they'll slowly go down in price until they are at the same level as Choice band. They're not consumable so people won't need to re-buy them which means I don't think it'll be a good enough way to dump the excess BP on.

staff fix:

• Choice items are now consumed upon usage.
Edited by axx

Tbh, I think the main reason we can't purchase pps with bps is because it would pretty much remove the point in buying mystery boxes, most people spend 65k on a box hoping they get x10 pp ups ( ez 200k ) or x5 pp maxes ( ez 300k ). Unless devs add something to those boxes that can replace pps in terms of being relevant, I can't see us being able to get them in other ways ( except story runs ).

Just now, LifeStyle said:

Tbh, I think the main reason we can't purchase pps with bps is because it would pretty much remove the point in buying mystery boxes, most people spend 65k on a box hoping they get x10 pp ups ( ez 200k ) or x5 pp maxes ( ez 300k ). Unless devs add something to those boxes that can replace pps in terms of being relevant, I can't see us being able to get them in other ways ( except story runs ).

If it removes the point of the Mystery Boxes, then so be it.

You can't expect people to have to buy mystery boxes to get PP UP/Max.

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

If it removes the point of the Mystery Boxes, then so be it.

You can't expect people to have to buy mystery boxes to get PP UP/Max.

I thought by now you'd realize devs like to see people suffer through GrindMMO

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

I thought by now you'd realize devs like to see people suffer through GrindMMO

It's already been confirmed new method(s) to obtain PP Max/UPs will be introduced, but I just thought this method is a good way. What ever they have planned, they need to do it fast because PP maxing is quite an important part of competitive play and right know they're not really possible to get, not without being inefficient with your cash anyway.

2 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

It's already been confirmed new method(s) to obtain PP Max/UPs will be introduced, but I just thought this method is a good way. What ever they have planned, they need to do it fast because PP maxing is quite an important part of competitive play and right know they're not really possible to get, not without being inefficient with your cash anyway.

D-d-d-dungeons?

16 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Sounds like you're buying mystery boxes for all the wrong reasons. We all know hats and iron tail TMs are the way to go 

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

Sounds like you're buying mystery boxes for all the wrong reasons. We all know hats and iron tail TMs are the way to go 

I actually just buy those for all the lava cookies, I get so mad when x5 pp max decides to pop out

Mystery boxes serve as a lottery system, their main pay out is not meant to be PP up / max, their main pay outs are meant to be the vanity items they can drop and dyes (which are not available through other means), so why you are suggesting that they "need" to replace PP up / max in mystery boxes I don't understand, even after a new update allows us to obtain them in a different way it will still be nice to get them from mystery boxes, people wouldn't be mad about that.

but yea, Darkshade did say there are other plans for PP up / PP max, I wonder what that way will be, possibly as a pokemon Contest / Dungeon reward with a new currency or something? who knows.

34 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Mystery boxes serve as a lottery system, their main pay out is not meant to be PP up / max, their main pay outs are meant to be the vanity items they can drop and dyes (which are not available through other means), so why you are suggesting that they "need" to replace PP up / max in mystery boxes I don't understand 

Dyes? I was talking about celadon boxes, not pvp boxes

Dyes? I was talking about celadon boxes, not pvp boxes

I was talking about them in general, my point still stood that PP ups / maxes are not the purpose of mystery boxes otherwise why would they tell us they have plans for new ways to obtain them

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I was talking about them in general, my point still stood that PP ups / maxes are not the purpose of mystery boxes otherwise why would they tell us they have plans for new ways to obtain them

Best prize you can get from celadon boxes is pps, unless you hit dat really low % of getting a kyu hat . Pps are way more valuable than x3 any tm, rocket/jester hat/tuxedo, etc. It's obvious that you don't usually buy celadon boxes  (If at all) because mostly everyone I know that does, it's for the pps.

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

Best prize you can get from celadon boxes is pps, unless you hit dat really low % of getting a kyu hat . Pps are way more valuable than x3 any tm, rocket/jester hat/tuxedo, etc. It's obvious that you don't usually buy celadon boxes  (If at all) because mostly everyone I know that does, it's for the pps.

Celdon boxes from the Game corner right?

I'm 99% sure they drop jester hats

4 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Celdon boxes from the Game corner right?

I'm 99% sure they drop jester hats

Yeah they do, I just mentioned it dude wtf

Worth like 80k anyways (Most price I see on gtl), while x10 pp ups gets you at least 200k and x5 pp maxes 300k

Yeah they do, I just mentioned it dude wtf

Worth like 80k anyways (Most price I see on gtl), while x10 pp ups gets you at least 200k and x5 pp maxes 300k

I spaced out and didn't see that sorry, but whenever the boxes were added the jester hat was meant to be the main prize, due to them never being consumed and constantly being added to the market ofc they would decrease in price, but if you tried to buy one when they first came out it costed way more than the PP up / Maxes

My point still stands that PP ups and PP maxes are not the reason we have mystery boxes, just because mystery boxes contain them does not mean they were added to be the main source of them, It doesn't matter what sells for what, the reason PP ups are farmed from mystery boxes is because there is no other option, this is not an ideal solution and should be changed imo

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

I spaced out and didn't see that sorry, but whenever the boxes were added the jester hat was meant to be the main prize, due to them never being consumed and constantly being added to the market ofc they would decrease in price, but if you tried to buy one when they first came out it costed way more than the PP up / Maxes

My point still stands that PP ups and PP maxes are not the reason we have mystery boxes, just because mystery boxes contain them does not mean they were added to be the main source of them, It doesn't matter what sells for what, the reason PP ups are farmed from mystery boxes is because there is no other option, this is not an ideal solution and should be changed imo

Again, pps ARE the main reason people buy celadon boxes and that alone is enough to make those boxes useless if we get other ways to get pps (which I hope we do). 

Again, pps ARE the main reason people buy celadon boxes and that alone is enough to make those boxes useless if we get other ways to get pps (which I hope we do). 

The reason people do something =/= the original reason it was created

Also as I said some people will still buy the boxes for chance of vanity items, enigma berries, premiere balls, dyes (from pvp boxes) etc etc and when Mystery Boxes become less useful its not a game changing factor, the sacrifice well worth the benefits of having a sensible method to obtain PP ups / maxes

6 minutes ago, Matoka said:

The reason people do something =/= the original reason it was created

Also as I said some people will still buy the boxes for chance of vanity items, enigma berries, premiere balls, dyes (from pvp boxes) etc etc and when Mystery Boxes become less useful its not a game changing factor, the sacrifice well worth the benefits of having a sensible method to obtain PP ups / maxes

Celadon boxes =/= PvP boxes

Ye people will buy celadon boxes for premier balls, said no one ever. 

You can't get berries out of celadon boxes btw, and idek why you keep mentioning dyes

Celadon boxes =/= PvP boxes

Ye people will buy celadon boxes for premier balls, said no one ever. 

You can't get berries out of celadon boxes btw, and idek why you keep mentioning dyes

What is your point, yes the use of mystery boxes is slightly lessened but no one is forcing you to buy them, for some people there is still enough reason to buy some mystery boxes, in the event that no one ever buys Mystery Boxes ever again then you can make a suggestion thread asking them to give it a purpose again if you actually care that deeply about it but the point of this thread is that PP up and PP maxes need a more reliable way to be obtained