specs / scarf

I mean specs/scarf won't be banned when the devs implemented them to improve the meta in the first place.

Also weather teams weren't that viable in the first place anyways.

Well yeah I didn't/don't expct them to get banned was more hypotetically speaking.

Zebra probably misread it for OU. Weather teams are highly viable in NU and having scarf is a good thing so that weather teams can be checked.

Yeah maybe u're right and I think so too, weather teams in nu were too dangerous if hypno/grumpig for victreebel or lapras for gorebyss were dead already

I don't see much use in using the choice specs without a trapinch team because chansey still holds up and there are also switch ins that can resist attacks once you are locked in. If you are not using the trapinch, growth or calm mind sets generally seem more viable. However, the pokemon that work with growth or calm mind get outspeed by the choice scarf pokemon. The impact on viability of special attackers is neutral to me: the choice specs can help special attackers, but the new revenge killers can kill them. For those reason, the main thing I currently  see out of these two items being implemented is mostly just a new class of revenge killers (heracross/medicham/metagross/etc.).

I don't see much use in using the choice specs without a trapinch team because chansey still holds up and there are also switch ins that can resist attacks once you are locked in. If you are not using the trapinch, growth or calm mind sets generally seem more viable. However, the pokemon that work with growth or calm mind get outspeed by the choice scarf pokemon. The impact on viability of special attackers is neutral to me: the choice specs can help special attackers, but the new revenge killers can kill them. For those reason, the main thing I currently  see out of these two items being implemented is mostly just a new class of revenge killers (heracross/medicham/metagross/etc.).

This is a really good assessment imo. There is still one thing that sets Choice Specs users apart though is the idea of getting a safe switch-in and swinging away with violent power. Chansey doesn't have 100% usage and thus you can hit things like Gardevoir and P2 really hard. Trapinch is getting better by the update though and this adds to the benefit, interestingly enough though, Choice Specs users can also carry Trick which can absolutely poop on Chansey resulting in a late-game stall GG. 

I also really love that we have new revenge killers, it can create diversity and enhance creativity. It's also been said too that these Scarfed (swifted?) pokes are handled very well by walls since they mostly hit like little girls without their Choice Band. 

Fun to see the game change a bit. 

just a remind

252+ SpA Espeon Hidden Power Fighting vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar: 180-212 (102.2 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (i am away for a long time, so idk remenber if the BP for HP its 70, but this calc was made using choice scarf version anyway)

Edited by Risadex
  • Tyrone locked this topic