Create Your Own Storyline Contest (April 22nd - May 27th)

xSkyy

is there not a word limit on forums post? i seem to recall hitting it in comp alley before. 

also can my post be in pastebin and linked here?

also can we just not have art a factor at all in this? i have the feeling that even if i write a game of thrones level epic story some kid with photoshop will come around with a one page journal entry and good art and win.

also how dark can i get? the manga was darkish and i want to get a bit darker then the manga.

also will i get points off for not doing the format thing? i feel it breaks the immersion.

1) There is, however you are allowed to double post for the sake of the event, just keep your posts together.

2) I will not be allowing the use of pastebin links, as it poses a risk of the link no longer working during the judgement period.

3) The requirements for the contest will not be changing. It's been made pretty clear that we're solely judging off of the requirements and creativity in your storylines. An entry won't win if it has amazing art, and a dull or unoriginal story.

4) I'd ask that if you're questioning any details to be too dark/gory, that you send me a pm with what you're doubtful of so that I can approve your ideas or not. It would be a shame for an entry to be disqualified for being too inappropriate.

5) Yes, going against certain requirements will lead to a deduction of points for your entry.

How dark can i get? the manga was darkish and i want to get a bit darker then the manga.

Huum... Gore and Violence?
Do you mean like this:
832cd6h1nzn039d6g.jpg

or Do you mean like this?))
htoza7o51e7qruc6g.jpg

I like mild Violence, so I'm looking forward to reading your version of Game of Thrones)) Hope it won't be more than 500K words))

Huum... Gore and Violence?
Do you mean like this:832cd6h1nzn039d6g.jpg

or Do you mean like this?))htoza7o51e7qruc6g.jpgI like mild Violence, so I'm looking forward to reading your version of Game of Thrones)) Hope it won't be more than 500K words))

The latter or even PG 13. If anybody is ever doubting their submissions to be too inappropriate, then they can shoot me a pm and I can give them an approval or not ~

Well, i have a story, a phoenix wrigth pokemon crossover, i only have the first chapter and at this time, i don't have a enemy team, can i post it here, also, the language is a problem? i'm a spanish talker and my story don't have translation yet, also, the final trainer i think is not a real trainer, just an epic prosecutor like Manfred Von Karma

Edited by claudiom361

Well, i have a story, a phoenix wrigth pokemon crossover, i only have the first chapter and at this time, i don't have a enemy team, can i post it here, also, the language is a problem? i'm a spanish talker and my story don't have translation yet

I would not advise turning your story in until all of the requirements have been met and it is completed. Also, all submitted storylines must be translated to English.

Another question, i know the region must be my creation, but the characters, and sove events, can be in real regions? (example, a murderer ocurred in Silph C.O. in Kanto), but the judgement, where the protagonist works, is in different place (also, two more of my characters are from johto and sinnoh)

Edited by claudiom361

Another question, i know the region must be my creation, but the characters, and sove events, can be in real regions? (example, a murderer ocurred in Silph C.O. in Kanto), but the judgement, where the protagonist works, is in different place (also, two more of my characters are from johto and sinnoh)

I would prefer for locations and regions to be completely made up and not be based off of already existing locations. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the future, I really think writing contests would get more interest from the community if they were 1. just writing contests, and 2. smaller in scope. Asking for short stories instead of these giant, sweeping storylines that require both writing and art will make it much easier on not only us players, but also the judges.

I might have done this if I had known about this event already (I am new to this game), and if I was a decent artist, sadly I am simply terrible at it. If there is ever another event similar to this one, I will try to participate.

• Perry locked and unlocked this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.