A way to change what Pokéball we have our poke in

Matoka

Question

12 answers to this question

Let me just bring up and respond to a couple points that will undoubtedly try to pass for reasons. -ahem-

1.) "It can be exploited."

A.) Sure, if we are able to keep the ball the Pokemon is in. Seems like a simple and fair solution to make the ball the Pokemon was in disappear.

2.) "It'd be too hard for the devs to code."
A.) I suppose that you, a player, would know exactly what the devs are capable of and/or willing to do. Don't presume you know anything about what goes on behind the scenes unless you are in direct contact with someone on the developer team.

3.) "It's not canon."
A.) Neither are half the features that make up this game. I mean, look at the Hidden Power changer. Seriously? There's no way that's canon. If this is really an argument that anyone considers for even a moment, they shouldn't be here.

Those are the three arguments I see for nearly every suggestion. If anyone has other, more specific arguments, feel free to post them. I don't think we need to repeat these three again and again as always.

There would also be an NPC at the safari zones that would allow you to place your poke inside a safari zone pokeball.

I totally support the first part of the suggestion, but something like this came up in the past and was denied because "safari pokeballs are rare items reserved for safari pokemon"

More on topic, the money fee sounds okay, but if you want something different maybe require having the pokemon hapiness at 100%. Else it would run away at the first chance it gets ( ͡- ͜ʖ ͡-)

I totally support the first part of the suggestion, but something like this came up in the past and was denied because "safari pokeballs are rare items reserved for safari pokemon"

More on topic, the money fee sounds okay, but if you want something different maybe require having the pokemon hapiness at 100%. Else it would run away at the first chance it gets ( ͡- ͜ʖ ͡-)

Kinda defeats the main use of having this, no? Apart from aesthetics, a Luxury Ball is really the only ball that matters.

yes why not, which pokemon wouldn't want to live in a luxury pokeball instead of a crappy normal one?

I just want my pokemon to live in pokeballs of my colorwish.

Also, Money making hint for the devs:

add and sell pokeballs in the ingame store with some nice deisgns, because people like to spent money on a few pxels just for visual reasons. And thats the best way to monetise a game without causing p2w or other gamebreaking/imbalancing side effects.

Edited by Lilyfromanimove

This would be totally awesome, as i just misclicked my Poke into the wrong ball -_- 

LF this Moneysink ;)

Push o/

Also, Money making hint for the devs:

add and sell pokeballs in the ingame store with some nice deisgns, because people like to spent money on a few pxels just for visual reasons. And thats the best way to monetise a game without causing p2w or other gamebreaking/imbalancing side effects.

:)

On 13/4/2016 at 3:37 PM, Bearminator said:

How did I miss this one?

Totally support. It could be done by NPC for a fee, fantastic idea. <3

Is this being worked on? I've seen it suggested a couple of times (including by me) and today I realized that I messed up a few times when breeding certain Pokemon into normal Pokeballs instead of Luxury Balls.