OU Leaderboard Tournament (Sunday 24th April)

Noad

Banner.png

1st Place Prize: $2,000,000 Pokeyen

2nd Place Prize: $1,000,000 Pokeyen

3rd Place Prize: $500,000 Pokeyen

Details:

16 Players
6v6 OU Tournament
Ranked Leaderboard Tournament
Automated Tournament

Date and Time:
Date: Sunday 24th April
Time: 23:00 BST | 18:00 EDT

Registration will open 30 minutes prior to the tournament. You will be able to register for a tournament on the top floor of a Pokemon Centre, through the battle PC. The PC you need is the one on the right, which I am standing in front of in the picture below. You can also register for the tournament by clicking the PvP menu option (Masterball icon on the bottom right of your client).

[spoiler]

When a Tournament enters the sign-up stage, it's announced globally via a system message:

Tournament_1.png

When this message is displayed, players can sign up for a tournament one of two ways:

1.)

They can go to the top of any PC and speak to the NPC on the far right to bring up the following window:

Tournament_2.png

2.)

They can click the PvP icon on the bottom right of their screen and select 'Tournament Signup':

Tournament_3.png

Which will again bring up this window:

Tournament_4.png

To sign up for a tournament, the player only needs to click the 'Register' button in this window and they will be entered into the queue:

Tournament_5.png

[/spoiler]

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves: 
Baton Pass

List of banned Pokemon:
(Ban list is subject to change pending the tier council's decision)

Blissey

Dragonite

Dugtrio

Salamence

Snorlax

Tyranitar

Wobbuffet

Gengar

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

Event Host: Squirtle 007.png

That prize is an embarassment to the effort and time people put into laddering. I say time and effort because the ladder seems to place people with a 120-100 record higher than people with 20-0 for some reason. I expected something more unique for this tournament, like a flawless shiny.

I don't even play ranked much but I totally agree with this

• 2 weeks later...

That prize is an embarassment to the effort and time people put into laddering. I say time and effort because the ladder seems to place people with a 120-100 record higher than people with 20-0 for some reason. I expected something more unique for this tournament, like a flawless shiny.

Well, maybe not a flawless shiny, since monthly happening, but it could definitively use a big boost.

Is is just a random bracket ?

Is this a joke ? lol.

Why the fuck did some players work hard to be in the top 3 if they are like the 16th in the bracket ?

Seeds were obvious for this tournament, that's really disappointing.

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_%28sports%29<<<

And yes i'm salty cause i got RNG'd hard the first turn : fucking game.

JAJA

Agreed it should have been seeded tho, in my 2 battles I faced the guy in 3rd and 1st on the leaderboard while im in 6th .... little unfair taking into account one semi-final had 12 vs 19????

JAJA

fuck ya

Agreed it should have been seeded tho, in my 2 battles I faced the guy in 3rd and 1st on the leaderboard while im in 6th .... little unfair taking into account one semi-final had 12 vs 19????

Those freewins too...