GTL Decay

OldKeith

Question

As of now, if a product does not sell and you do not log in for 7 days, you are basically having it out of the GTL, and you lose the listing fee.

I think a better system would be to add an small decay for the listing fee that takes place within a period of time, in a repeated cycle. And the product would stay on the gtl for good. This way, the products will have a much better way to auto-adjust the prices, while the seller will not be forced to pay for two listing fees.

2 answers to this question

This so much.

It's not really good for the economy when people are selling with such low prices just to make sure they don't pay the listing fees for nothing which often leads people sell stuff 'under their own value'. One could argue that there is no real value to things (which is true) but it gets alarming when people are selling something x 31 breeders barely more expensive than it took to actually breed them. I've seen some of those cases in GTL. Another negative side effect is that people are afraid to sell things.

I'd say like 1-2% decay of the original price would be reasonable to say the least.