Bosses

Otulp

Question

So now that hordes are a thing. I think it would be cool if you had the very small chance to find a boss mon in the horde.

For example, island 6 you run into a horde of spearow around lvl 39 or w/e the usual level is. But in the horde there's a fearow at lvl 50. That would be the boss. If you kill the boss it would drop an item.

This would add to the rpg vibe I guess. Thoughts?

7 answers to this question

So now that hordes are a thing. I think it would be cool if you had the very small chance to find a boss mon in the horde.

For example, island 6 you run into a horde of spearow around lvl 39 or w/e the usual level is. But in the horde there's a fearow at lvl 50. That would be the boss. If you kill the boss it would drop an item.

This would add to the rpg vibe I guess. Thoughts?

Sounds pretty cool - the only issue I could see is if the boss isn't the same species as the other horde pokes and a trainer is EV training. He'll actually be forced to run when he sees a boss like that otherwise he'd risk messing up his pokes EVs

This wouldn't matter for the spearow/fearow thing obviously, but like in tangela patch if a horde would occasionally come with a higher level Mr. Mime (they may already come with mr mimes in them tbh lel i just started EVing there) that could be a problem for EVing

Edited by Gunthug

Sounds pretty cool - the only issue I could see is if the boss isn't the same species as the other horde pokes and a trainer is EV training. He'll actually be forced to run when he sees a boss like that otherwise he'd risk messing up his pokes EVs

This wouldn't matter for the spearow/fearow thing obviously, but like in tangela patch if a horde would occasionally come with a higher level Mr. Mime (they may already come with mr mimes in them tbh lel i just started EVing there) that could be a problem for EVing

Yeah good point I didn't even think about that. Maybe if you really wanted the item you could let the horde curb stomp the mon you're eving, then you can send out a higher level mon to back slap the horde and get the item without messing up evs.

Yeah good point I didn't even think about that. Maybe if you really wanted the item you could let the horde curb stomp the mon you're eving, then you can send out a higher level mon to back slap the horde and get the item without messing up evs.

I thought about that too haha, but for someone eving 4 or 5 pokemon that could be a huge pain each and every boss encounter. That being said, if the reward was high enough or the encounters rare enough, it may be worth it to slightly mess up your EVs. Or, they could just make sure the boss always gives the same EVs as the rest of the horde

Great Idea!The boss could be called "Fearow Boss" or "Shiny Fearow Boss" per example and maybe the boss pokemon of the horde could have more chances of having better ivs?

I don't think the boss should be catchable. That way you would have to kill it up get the item. Also it would prevent new players from catching a higher lvl mon too early.

Let me know if I'm wrong, but what I got from your idea was that you wanted to make some pokemon bosses like in Pixelmon? bosses-wiki

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking nice find. Except the tinted thing ofc. And im sure scaling would only be by location, idk how hard it would be to scale by the level of your party.