Question for Devs regarding Hold Items

Matoka

What is the Dev's stand on implementing items without their respective generation?

I'm referring to something like Choice Scarf or Choice Specs etc, an item with similar function to items currently in the game however were not implemented until gen 4 etc, would devs ever considering implementing them before generation 4's pokemon / moves etc?

This could lead to the issue of "You implemented A! Why won't you implement B?!" from people, but I can't remember hearing any particular stance on the matter, and i'm sure lots of people would be glad to have some of the items mentioned added to the game even without their respective generation, I guess i'm just asking if this is being considered or if it was decided not to be implemented until Sinnoh and beyond.

Thanks for reading

So there was about a week of discussion for something that remade the whole metagame of our game. Got it.

"We want 4th gen items and stuff!"

"GDI why did the devs implement 4th gen items!?! Completely f'd up the meta!"

[spoiler] Not saying this is you Orange, just a general feel I'm having right now.[/spoiler]

The level of staff communication described in one forum post, really.

If you honestly aren't even letting DS know about stuff then how exactly are you communicating there guys?

To be fair, I knew about the recent changed before they happened.

I'm pretty confident that they were a good move overall.

"We want 4th gen items and stuff!"

"GDI why did the devs implement 4th gen items!?! Completely f'd up the meta!"

[spoiler] Not saying this is you Orange, just a general feel I'm having right now.[/spoiler]

I literally never advocated for 4th gen items before gen4. Good you wrote that spoiler so I didn't consider you as a person who strawmans people for fun. =)

I'm pretty confident that they were a good move overall.

Probably is. We'll see.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.