Cancel Button

Rendiz

Question

Id love to see this in singles too
Ofcourse you might be last anyway and have no time cancel(something that could be maybe added too? Dont want to ask for too much)just makes the chance of you losing by misclicks so much smaller 5/7 suggestion

I agree having this cancel option takes priority over the other suggestions involving pvp like adding the forfit option. The pressure on a pvp is enough and having no second chance to go back after rethinking things is very frustrating to the point where you start hating yourself for one misclick that cost the whole game. I think this option should only be available if you picked the move 1st and your opponent is still thinking.

Edited by jerryzoo

I think this option should only be available if you picked the move 1st and your opponent is still thinking.

That is obviously the intent for its functionality in singles much like on showdown.

But this is eve more needed if for doubles if you wish to change your first pokes move.

14 minutes ago, Pokemonerd25 said:

Look at the battle between NikhilR and frags during the OU leaderboard. Thanks to a missclick, frags used rapid spin instead of surf and lost the battle.

Frags thought I had an endure Hera instead of sub. That wasn't a misclick but he lost out on an unfortunate 50/50.

On 6/2/2016 at 8:25 AM, sephiroth1977 said:

This is too overpowered guys. If this gets implemented then so should switching out your active poke when you faint your opponents poke. At least thats in the vanilla games by default. 

What, how is this even comparable, also "Switching out your active poke when you faint your opponent's poke" is only a thing for NPC battles, it isn't a thing for PvP battles in any game I don't think, definitely not the newer ones anyway

Being able to cancel what you selected is in no way overpowered, It is literally just a countermeasure to help prevent input error, it doesn't actually affect skill levels or the thought processes in the battle AT ALL, how can something that has no impact on the battle be overpowered?

Edited by Matoka
5 hours ago, Matoka said:

What, how is this even comparable, also "Switching out your active poke when you faint your opponent's poke" is only a thing for NPC battles, it isn't a thing for PvP battles in any game I don't think, definitely not the newer ones anyway

Being able to cancel what you selected is in no way overpowered, It is literally just a countermeasure to help prevent input error, it doesn't actually affect skill levels or the thought processes in the battle AT ALL, how can something that has no impact on the battle be overpowered?

How isnt it not having an impact.  Please explain? 

2 hours ago, sephiroth1977 said:

How isnt it not having an impact.  Please explain? 

Say you are in a battle, you click you want to use Waterfall on gyarados, but you accidentally click Earthquake, if you cancel you can re-select your move that turn but only if you do it before they make THEIR move

The outcome is exactly the same as if you never missclicked, it doesn't impact game play in that sense, it is purely quality of life

Why you guys ask stuff so meaningless, like can't you play without smashing the keyboard or just wait and select what u want? This is a stupid suggestion and it would take time to add another freaking confirmation window with yes or no. Just no thumps down.

2 minutes ago, ragstal said:

Why you guys ask stuff so meaningless, like can't you play without smashing the keyboard or just wait and select what u want? This is a stupid suggestion and it would take time to add another freaking confirmation window with yes or no. Just no thumps down.

We need more people like you in this community.