PvP Discussion and Feedback

Post your thoughts if want to give input.

I love the new PvP. My only complaint on it (as an OU player) is the ranked is only ran 3 hours of the day. Unranked seems to often be concentrated with casuals (10 or 11 times for me) who for example just completed story. It makes for mismatched duels for me in terms of experience. The ranked duels I get more knowledgeable people and more fair games, but they are only being available to me for those 3 hours. The ranked matches running 24/7 like pokemon showdown are ideal in my opinion for the purpose of being matched with someone more close to you.

I realize tournament mode is available, but Vermillion city tournament mode duels are more rare now (likely due to PvP + berries) so I am mostly just counting on PvP to entertain me and most likely will be in the future too.

Thank you for reading.

I love doing normals, just for grinding BP while having fun and practising. On top of that, ranks are very fun because there is more on the line you get a sense of competitiveness which adds the fun, I do agree though, there should be more rank uptime throughout the day.

Overall, on the PvP side of the update, a very successful update.

Edit:

Oh and one more thing I'd like to say. I didn't realize Silph co tournaments were getting replaced entirely by the automated ones. I was told we would still get silph co ones which is a shame because I feel we'll lose that sense of community gathering which was great for heating up the competition and allowing us to interact with fellow players outside of our team.

I still feel we should get Silph co tournaments along with automated ones :(

Edited by KaynineXL

I love doing normals, just for grinding BP while having fun and practising. On top of that, ranks are very fun because their is more on the line you get a sense of competitiveness which adds the fun, I do agree though, there should be more rank uptime throughout the day.

Overall, on the PvP side of the update, a very successful update.

Edit:

Oh and one more thing I'd like to say. I didn't realize Silph co tournaments were getting replaced entirely by the automated ones. I was told we would still get silph co ones which is a shame because I feel we'll lose that sense of community gathering which was great for heating up the competition and allowing us to interact with fellow players outside of our team.

I still feel we should get Silph co tournaments along with automated ones :(

we can gather wherever we want for automated tournaments, though. How annoying was it constantly having to run from silph to PC and back every round? And if they add some sort of PVP channel (or we hijack channel 7 chat or something) we'll still have plenty of smack talk to keep the community interaction aspect alive and well

To address OP, I completely agree with extending ranked battle time. I do think, though, that the unranked people who are currently unskilled will learn fast - theres no better way to learn than to be thrown into the fire

Edited by Gunthug

we can gather wherever we want for automated tournaments, though. How annoying was it constantly having to run from silph to PC and back every round? And if they add some sort of PVP channel (or we hijack channel 7 chat or something) we'll still have plenty of smack talk to keep the community interaction aspect alive and well

To address OP, I completely agree with extending ranked battle time. I do think, though, that the unranked people who are currently unskilled will learn fast - theres no better way to learn than to be thrown into the fire

But how will people see my cute look?

yeh in i dont like much this option the real pvp is in vermilion city and i wish devs hadn't add this freature

I wanna take my eyes out

In topic:

I understand ur point blonde but think about this, people who's not good enough in pvp yet can learn from there so we can get more competitive players in a period of time, it was expected at least for me that this was going to happen, but I'm really happy about this pvp system

I haven't tried to PvP system yet :( but I'm excited that were going to have a possible way of receiving usage constantly and in real time.

I hope automated tournaments are as hype as those in Silph co.
We should establish an informal PC and channel to go to during automated tournaments. Community yo.

Edit: maybe somebody make a quick thread to establish that. That'd be awesome. I'm on my phone so my thread would be shitty ugly.

Edited by DrCraig

The matchmaking feature is amazing, imo. It motivates me to battle (which I didn't really do much in the past) and it's great that we can practice with many people that we wouldn't challenge otherwise.

I just hope they add other tiers real soon cause OU is giving me major cancer nowadays :P

Edited by slidingpanda

They could have ranked run 24/7, but I'm pretty sure it runs this way for a reason.

That is, people see it as an opportunity like, "OH SNAP IT'S RANKED QUICK LETS GO PLAY", so queues will be full and efficient and you'll actually find some partners who are actively laddering.

I think it might not hurt to have a fourth time at most, but I wouldn't bump it to 24/7 or we'll lose that 'rush hour' value.

Post your thoughts if want to give input.

I love the new PvP. My only complaint on it (as an OU player) is the ranked is only ran 3 hours of the day. Unranked seems to often be concentrated with casuals (10 or 11 times for me) who for example just completed story. It makes for mismatched duels for me in terms of experience. The ranked duels I get more knowledgeable people and more fair games, but they are only being available to me for those 3 hours. The ranked matches running 24/7 like pokemon showdown are ideal in my opinion for the purpose of being matched with someone more close to you.

I realize tournament mode is available, but Vermillion city tournament mode duels are more rare now (likely due to PvP + berries) so I am mostly just counting on PvP to entertain me and most likely will be in the future too.

Thank you for reading.

I can agree that this probably hurt the Vermillion community more than anything, but hopefully like with trade chat a bit of time will prove that sometimes you just can't beat the og system. UU and NU players will likely flock back to Vermillion in hopes of finding a duel. As for OU though, I guess I can just say that I've been fortunate to play some quality players thus far, with your occasional random but even then they seemed to know what they were doing. 

I do agree though that the ranked system should be online for longer periods of time, or even just be open for the entirety of Saturday and Sunday, with weekdays unranked. 

just annoying to face the same person back to back. Hapenned to me twice in 2 days, vs the same guy. And ofc that guy had to be frags lol.

The 2 minute intervals in matchmaking kind of lead to this. There's a direct incentive to immediately reregister for both players, raising the possibility for both to get matched with each other again.

This can't really be fixed without raising the interval, which I'm not sure if the best idea to do at the moment.

just annoying to face the same person back to back. Hapenned to me twice in 2 days, vs the same guy. And ofc that guy had to be frags lol.

also annoying when a guy has a perfect counter to my team and i have to face him over and over

yeah i could change my team, but why change it for one person when my team is successful vs everyone else

I feel like in pvp all the games are super haxy... Almost all my duels were stupid, and definied by rng: Im not lying, in one game I freezed the other guy 5 times; I won against yangsam with 3 or 4 crits; lots of paralysis in a row; so many crits

And Im not the only one, I have been spectating and asking people around and many feel like they win or loose by hax... someone else is feeling the same?