Give a sound notification when entering a matchmaking battle

BigShotJoe

Question

10 answers to this question

Seconded.  Although the sound sort of encourages players to be afk while waiting for a batt.

Is this a bad thing? The game is practically the same as it was before the update with the exception of AFK'ing for battles and AFK'ing for berries.

This is already implemented, just turn up ur volume and the pokes make some weird weeb shout when it starts 

I don't know about most people, but some people hate the music and Pokemon cries punching holes in the music of their choice. I know I'm not the only person that turns sound effects and music in the game while leaving notification sounds on. All I'm asking is the sound you hear when challenged to a non-matchmaking battle be played when your matchmaking battle starts. Surely that's not too much to ask.

And probably won't be. As previously people mentioned battle theme or pokemon cry can alarm u about starting battle(u can turn it on when your'e doing tournies so no escuses buddy, afk is afk) and there is one more thing, when you're being challenged there is sound notification about duel request(dobule sound, repeated after few secs till end of timer).

On 6/28/2016 at 1:30 PM, Qaztin said:

And probably won't be. As previously people mentioned battle theme or pokemon cry can alarm u about starting battle(u can turn it on when your'e doing tournies so no escuses buddy, afk is afk) and there is one more thing, when you're being challenged there is sound notification about duel request(dobule sound, repeated after few secs till end of timer).

First off, the whole "it won't happen because we have Pokemon cries" thing is bullshit. I know we get a sound notification for when challenged to a battle in person and, if you'd read the any previous comments, you would see that I was asking for something like that for matchmaking. I see no reason it shouldn't be implemented as it has absolutely no downsides at all other than the devs having to set that noise to be triggered by a matchmaking battle.