Dear devs

OrangeManiac

I like how they post a doubles seasonal, the tier arguably affected most by this change (rip sitrus) a day after the update.

I was about to post this

Doubles is the most berry-reliant tier and it really sucks if you don't have them. Lum, Sitrus, and Petayas are pretty common and needed in bulk as they are often consumed. This update sucks for today's TT and the upcoming seasonal.

I'd imagine when we work out the kinks of berry farming it won't be as terrible as it seems now. Right now it's pretty much impossible. :P

And I mean:

"its only been 24h"

I will have you know I like the Berry planting I really do.

I spent the last 2 days (prolly 10+ hours a day nothing but waiting for berries) doing the guide which is still not 100% done.

But I will have too agree on most of what you say.

1. It is way to time consuming. The watering is fine but it is just to much waiting for the berries for 8+ hours.

2. Berries will be FAR to overpriced since the request will be far more then what is going to be provided by the players who have time to grow the berries.

I think the berry market should come back alongside this feature. In the end it would mean alot of people will buy berries but it will also mean people who want to spend less money and have the time to grow berries can save money.

IMO the worst part of this berry feature is the berries have no set price anymore.

I mean:

[spoiler] SStcchF.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Kurodashi

I agree with you, but they will probably wont do a thing about it, maybe at least they should implement the berry system of Pokemon Emerald instead, it would be A LOT easier and you wouldn´t have to worry about losing your berries because they will plant again if you dont pick them up, plus it would totally look a lot like the original games.

PS: I will put this in Suggestions

Edited by JonesMX

Well i voice out i play this game to have a kind of grind before battles, and im in favor of berry farming.....but, i think the actual system is very bad cuz it drain your time very badly for just a few berrys. IMO devs should make berry farming a lot easier so we can all be happy.

However, this system is new and is normal to have a lot of bad things since it wasnt implemented on last PTS, so give it some time.

Edited by Kornelio

I was about to post this

Doubles is the most berry-reliant tier and it really sucks if you don't have them. Lum, Sitrus, and Petayas are pretty common and needed in bulk as they are often consumed. This update sucks for today's TT and the upcoming seasonal.

I'd imagine when we work out the kinks of berry farming it won't be as terrible as it seems now. Right now it's pretty much impossible. :P

And I mean:

Incoming "its only been 24h" comment. That dosnt matter people

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the devs made us grind for leftovers at this point, seeing how ridiculous this update was. Honestly you couldn't have said it better orange, the tediousness involved with this new system is bs, and to answer the thread; I don't play this game to grind. To be honest I play it because of the people I've met, I barely do anything in this game anymore. Not to mention this berry grind update destroyed my determination to build comp teams now, and has destroyed my poliwrath. I agree with this thread in full; the devs always find some way to screw something up.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the devs made us grind for leftovers at this point, seeing how ridiculous this update was. Honestly you couldn't have said it better orange, the tediousness involved with this new system is bs, and to answer the thread; I don't play this game to grind. To be honest I play it because of the people I've met, I barely do anything in this game anymore. Not to mention this berry grind update destroyed my determination to build comp teams now, and has destroyed my poliwrath. I agree with this thread in full; the devs always find some way to screw something up.

"You now have to catch a snorlax and let it use crunch several times in battle while the opponent holds a apple. Apples are gottn from berries with a 0.1% chance"

And yet there are some people that say "ITS A MMO YOU HAVE TO FARM YOU HAVE TO PLAY 24/7 NON STOP FARMING, STOP COMPLAINING"

Matchmaking its an awesome feature, this is the kind of things that we need.. we need things that give meaning to the endless and mindless grindind that this game is.. not adding more senless grind.. 

And please just stop about the "economy" thing.. there are a lot of thing that we can sell, shards, dittos, pokes, tutor move items..  

Edited by nivellen

all you people going ape-shit over this berry-stuff...

yes this new feature needs a serious buff. And i know its been used ironicly several times as an argument, but its been 2 days since the update? we still dont know the combinations for new berries, atleast i dont. And people are freaking out atm. buying and selling berries at a redicilous amout. When the recepies for berries are well known amoung the comunity the prices will drop dramaticly (most likely)

Rache wrote in some other thread that the prices might even be lower than before, which gives me the impression that that is the range the devs are going for, its not meant be 10k a berry. 

Give it some time, Kyu already stated they are buffing this stuff. if that will be enough, im not sure..

Also, when implementing a new feature you should start on the harder part of the scale of grindyness and soften it up if it proves to be too grindy. rather than starting on the other side of the scale and then being forced to lower the rates. atleast i think the community will start a bigger shitstorm if the latter part was to happend.

And the berry merchant was clearly just a placeholder feature with the intent of implementing farmmo eventually. And the placeholder was poorly designed imo. too easy, and too cheap (because you didnt have to make any effort). 

anyway, im no gamedesigner and dont know shit about it etc etc. im just trying to look at it from another angle.