PokeMMO's Spring Fever Series (April 3rd - June 5th)

yErzuda.png

PokeMMO's Spring Fever Series 'Doubles'

This is a 10-week Doubles Tournament series. Players will get the chance to win tickets to the coveted Spring Fever Series finale, where they will battle it out for the grand prize!

Host: Eggplant

Schedule: April 3rd - June 5th
April 3rd - 1st Qualifier
April 10th - 2nd Qualifier
April 17th - 3rd Qualifier
April 24th - 4th Qualifier
May 1st - 5th Qualifier
May 8th - 6th Qualifier
May 15th - 7th Qualifier
May 22nd - 8th Qualifier
May 29th - Reserves Tournament
June 5th - Finals

*Note: All dates listed are Sundays

• Players who come in first and second within the qualifying tournaments will win a guaranteed invite to the Final, and both third place winners will be awarded with a reserve invite.

The qualifying tournaments will be 64man Single Elimination Doubles 6v6.

The Series Finals will be 16man Double Elimination Doubles 6v6.

Reserve ticket holders will battle in the ninth week to decide the order of the reserves. It will use the same format as the finals.

The prize for every qualifier will be a choice between:
1,000,000 Pokeyen or 1000 Reward Points and a personalized signature. Hopefully?

Registration for the Qualifiers:
Registration for the Qualifiers will take place 30 minutes before the tournament starts, via the ingame signup feature.
Due to the popularity of the last tournament series we will not be allowing players who already have an invite to participate in the subsequent qualifiers. This does not include RESERVE invite holders.

Prizes:

1st Place:

Any one of the winner's 'Doubles' competitive Pokemon turned into a GIFT shiny*

(See below)

and

2,000,000 $$

2nd Place:

dragonite.giftyranitar.gifsalamence.gif

Choice of competitive GIFT shiny Dragonite, Tyranitar, or Salamence

Your choice of nature,

two moves,

up to 2x31 and up to 4x25 IV's

and

1,000,000 $$

3rd Place:

snorlax.gifblissey.gifkangaskhan.gif

Choice of competitive GIFT shiny Snorlax, Blissey or Kangaskhan

Your choice of nature,

two moves,

up to 2x31 and up to 4x25 IV's

and

500,000 $$

*'Doubles' Pokemon will be defined as any Pokemon that has at least 4.36% usage, which are as of now the following:

Spoiler

Metagross
Gengar
Aerodactyl
Salamence
Ludicolo
Tyranitar
Hitmontop
Gyarados
Dragonite
Jolteon
Blissey
Kingdra
Manectric
Heracross
Swampert
Starmie
Blastoise
Hariyama
Kangaskhan
Vaporeon
Porygon2
Marowak

Invite Holders Bag_Tropic_Mail_Sprite.png

Spoiler

DoctorPBJ

Frags

JIce

Rendiz

FABBROOo

azzazz

Raaidn

NikhilR

BlueBreath

Imabetheverybest

LKrenz

CaptainGrey

DoubleJ

xSparkie

JSTUD

Giantpipe

Reserves XS7BOUD.png

Spoiler

Aerun

LegendL

Elcoolio

DAAMZ

MauriGamer

LucasCisneros

Yangsam

XPLOZ

XXNavii

RicardoPokemon

BurntZebra

I'm so freaking nervous for in-game sign ups. The complaint levels could be off the charts. 

The players who sign up and do not make the top 32 will have a reserved spot in the next Qualifier. If the reserved player is a no show, they will not be awarded a spot in the next qualifier and must sign up normally.

Even for those who miss the cut this should help a little, but I don't really see how in game automated sign-ups are any more controversial or complaint-inducing than forums sign-ups (didn't it take you like 6 winter showdown qualifiers before you even got signed up in time? I figured you of all people would be praising a new sign up system rather than constantly making snide remarks about the new auto tournaments)

The players who sign up and do not make the top 32 will have a reserved spot in the next Qualifier. If the reserved player is a no show, they will not be awarded a spot in the next qualifier and must sign up normally.

Even for those who miss the cut this should help a little, but I don't really see how in game automated sign-ups are any more controversial or complaint-inducing than forums sign-ups (didn't it take you like 6 winter showdown qualifiers before you even got signed up in time? I figured you of all people would be praising a new sign up system rather than constantly making snide remarks about the new auto tournaments)

It's just that I don't see this being any different than a forum sign-up, aside from the fact that it now is open to a much larger community (which I personally love). As for the players that missed sign-ups being carried over, I like that, but I think they need to put in a cap. I can honestly see in-game sign ups being very, very popular. 

It's just that I don't see this being any different than a forum sign-up, aside from the fact that it now is open to a much larger community (which I personally love). As for the players that missed sign-ups being carried over, I like that, but I think they need to put in a cap. I can honestly see in-game sign ups being very, very popular. 

I completely agree that they need a cap haha, can you imagine if 70 people sign up for the first event? RIP the entire second event's sign ups (cap should be at around 10 imo)

I completely agree that they need a cap haha, can you imagine if 70 people sign up for the first event? RIP the entire second event's sign ups (cap should be at around 10 imo)

And then it just carries over from the next 70 people that obviously wouldn't get in.