Soils in Secret Bases.

Kornelio

Question

17 answers to this question

There are two concerns about this suggestion that I have to state:

1. Plants need sunlight in order to grow.

2. I know its relaxing, but lets imagine that you planted your berries in your friend's base and he is not online, what would you do? Would you let your berries rot or will you frantically call your friend and demand him to come online?

(sounds good, but I really don't see this debuting in PokeMMO any time soon).

There are two concerns about this suggestion that I have to state:

1. Plants need sunlight in order to grow.

2. I know its relaxing, but lets imagine that you planted your berries in your friend's base and he is not online, what would you do? Would you let your berries rot or will you frantically call your friend and demand him to come online?

(sounds good, but I really don't see this debuting in PokeMMO any time soon).

1. growth light BP item

2. you can only plant berries in your own base

1. growth light BP item

2. you can only plant berries in your own base

1. Yes, but I think that the community needs to interact with each other every once in a while. This would be like if I can purchase a pool in my secret base and I have the ability to pay day tentacools in the pool so I would have an excuse to avoid the public. I think that berry planting should be a public manor. Here is another problem with this suggestion, if you look at your bases, there is no reasonable place to insert soil. A cave is cold and dark (which is not suitable for most plants to live). The other possibility is at the top of a tree. How can a person (or sprite) transfer soil up a tree? How could we plant a berry plant in a tree. Both the tree and the berry plant need the sun and your depriving the tree from its nutrients.

2. I agree with you on this point.

Edited by Bestfriends

1. Yes, but I think that the community needs to interact with each other every once in a while. This would be like if I can purchase a pool in my secret base and I have the ability to pay day tentacools in the pool so I would have an excuse to avoid the public. I think that berry planting should be a public manor. Here is another problem with this suggestion, if you look at your bases, there is no reasonable place to insert soil. A cave is cold and dark (which is not suitable for most plants to live). The other possibility is at the top of a tree. How can a person (or sprite) transfer soil up a tree? How could we plant a berry plant in a tree. Both the tree and the berry plant need the sun and your depriving the tree from its nutrients.

Why the hell would you, or anyone for that matter, want to payday Tentacools at all, let alone in private? 

Do you know what planters are?

And if we can put a giant glass or stone table in a tree, why not move a pot and some dirt up there, too?

Also, we can have plant decorations in our base. They obviously have no trouble surviving.

I'm agree with the interaction with public sites.....BUT, what i mean with this (and didn's said in the post, srry 4it), is just the posibility to have more soils to plant things apart the public ones.

P.D: Don't try to give logic to a pogeymans game, is absurd.

Why the hell would you, or anyone for that matter, want to payday Tentacools at all, let alone in private? 

Do you know what planters are?

And if we can put a giant glass or stone table in a tree, why not move a pot and some dirt up there, too?

Also, we can have plant decorations in our base. They obviously have no trouble surviving.

1. The pool was just an example of a bigger picture. I feel that bases should be a decoration and nothing else. What I mean by this is that bases should not recover pokemon or plant berries. I feel like a base should be a form of expression instead of saying "man I need thing A, so I am going to buy something like a pool or clay pot and put it in my base." I feel like necessity could take away from expression.

I'm agree with the interaction with public sites.....BUT, what i mean with this (and didn's said in the post, srry 4it), is just the posibility to have more soils to plant things apart the public ones.

P.D: Don't try to give logic to a pogeymans game, is absurd.

More soil in bases, might as well insert a pool with level 100 Tentacruels, put in a poke center in there, and last but not least, put a ton of soil in the bases. I mean, we won't have to communicate with the public as much and when you ev train sp def, you can take a break from people. I feel that making soil in bases could hurt PokeMMO's social atmosphere. If you want more soil, you could purpose for more soil to implemented around the land (like make soil in LittleRoot Town or somewhere where there is no soil). 

More soil in bases, might as well insert a pool with level 100 Tentacruels, put in a poke center in there, and last but not least, put a ton of soil in the bases. I mean, we won't have to communicate with the public as much and when you ev train sp def, you can take a break from people. I feel that making soil in bases could hurt PokeMMO's social atmosphere. If you want more soil, you could purpose for more soil to implemented around the land (like make soil in LittleRoot Town or somewhere where there is no soil). 

Hmmm i think you convenced me with the public interaction thing, however i will keep fighting PCs on them. ewe

1. The pool was just an example of a bigger picture. I feel that bases should be a decoration and nothing else. What I mean by this is that bases should not recover pokemon or plant berries. I feel like a base should be a form of expression instead of saying "man I need thing A, so I am going to buy something like a pool or clay pot and put it in my base." I feel like necessity could take away from expression.

Nobody is forcing them to only farm in there base? It is optional, they can farm wherever floats their boat. Thats like getting rid of every game channel except for 1 because people only use the others to get away from people.

Nobody is forcing them to only farm in there base? It is optional, they can farm wherever floats their boat. Thats like getting rid of every game channel except for 1 because people only use the others to get away from people.

You do have a valid point, but I feel that a base is meant for decoration and not for any use. I feel that if we make the bases into a berry farm, then we would take away the expression and replace it with necessity. I want people to decorate their bases in their own way instead of making space for a farm.

You do have a valid point, but I feel that a base is meant for decoration and not for any use. I feel that if we make the bases into a berry farm, then we would take away the expression and replace it with necessity. I want people to decorate their bases in their own way instead of making space for a farm.

my way would be berries in my base

my way would be berries in my base

What I meant was that necessity takes over expression. I feel that bases are a way for people to express themselves. If we have berry plants implemented, I feel that the base would be more of a "power house" than a "decorative house." For example, if your at home and you want to watch the newest movie, would you purchase a giant IMAX theatre screen to put in your basement?

buy flower pots for planting berries maybe? if they forced us to have soil patches it would reduce the space we would have to place/arrange items, i mean even the berry plants can work as decorations, maybe make it so people can see planted berries in other people's bases but not being able to water or pick them up

Edited by TatsuyaSuo

cmon who the hell waste their money to buy crappy decorations for their bases... if you put soils/PC then you dream of seeing nice decorations in secret bases will come true

I visited a few bases and I can say that people have creative ideas. In fact, if you get a 50 battle streak at the Battle Frontier, you can get a Silver Shield and if you get a 100 battle streak, you will get a Gold Shield. Here is what they look like (and I don't own the Gold Shield, I took a picture of a friend who had it):

Silver Shield 72dbff7885887c9659294f8290bbd3d4.png

Gold Shield d27d7f2b444832ea1f9b8fdaa03f185a.png

How about for the people who like to have a good time? They can buy a slide or some breakable ornaments. This is what I meant about necessity taking over expression. I also want to ask you this question, "what do you think of when you see this base?"

8dfb9468a3e7d4f3dd1b55a025832195.png

I see a person who likes to hang out with friends (because of the chairs and table to the top right), a guy who loves trapping people with his dolls (because of the mat with the three dolls), and a guy who just wants to have fun (because the base has sort of a fun look to it). Now I would like to ask you this question, what if there was an update that included soil? This guy would have to compromise his base to fit pots or soil. He would have to move around tables and cram his base. I feel that a base is form of expression rather than a place for necessity.

buy flower pots for planting berries maybe? if they forced us to have soil patches it would reduce the space we would have to place/arrange items, i mean even the berry plants can work as decorations, maybe make it so people can see planted berries in other people's bases but not being able to water or pick them up

True, but my belief is that a base should not serve a function. Its like going to an art museum and you go to this room full of art and all the sudden, you see a vending machine in the middle. A vending machine is a loud device and might disturb people looking at the art. Yes, people can get a drink when they're thirsty, but it disturbs those who want to concentrate on the paintings. I was born in New York and I use to visit the American Museum of Natural History and I remember all the exhibits except for one thing.... there was no vending machines. There were water fountains near the restrooms, but that was it. Where were the vending machines you may ask, the machines were located by the gift shop, far away from the exhibits. I feel that berry plants are like vending machines when inside a base.

e15d07958ab67058179c7a54c865a175.png62387ef982eeb2ba8c0ec467d1cdd708.png

Edited by Bestfriends

You wouldn't be turning your base into a plantation (i think a limit as to how many flower pots one could have is a decent idea, maybe 3 pots maximum) and they certainly aren't forced to, the concept of expression is subjective to each individual (i say this being an artist myself) if you don't want berries in your base because of whatever reason you may have, then plant them outside and not on your base, and if it annoys you to see berries in other people's bases, don't forget it's their base and that is up to them to decide whether or not to have them there, it's almost as if i liked rock music and disliked hip-hop but still went ahead and listened to it just to then complain about how i think hip-hop is garbage, you made a valid point but we can't really talk objectively about something that is subjective by itself such as expression. Maybe comparing a secret base to an art museum is a bit odd since well, it's more like a personal hideout room, in a museum there's stuff made by many different people, and the museum itself is not directly bound to the things that are on display nor does it have any influence on the artists that produced them, while one's room/hideout/base has a bit of the owner's personality rather than someone else's and it does actively influence someone, prompting them to want to change something in the room for something else, of course not everyone will be pleased by the way the room is arranged, while they might be pleased after some things have been moved or changed because again, expression reflects one's personality, not that of others.