Regarding new Berry system

Ofc you need to experiment to get the balancing of yields just right, but until then what are we meant to do about fixing EVs on pokemon?

Do you want us to literally be unable to re-ev our pokemon until you guys fix the economy of berries which could take over a week to fix/stabilize and even then it will probably cost more than before?

More like a month

I don´t wanna play the hater,I know this was made with good intentions,but please remove this thing.

I haven´t seen a single person who liked it,at the very least not competitive players,no one wants to spend hundreds of thousands on a single salac berry that can´t even reproduce itself.

If you wanna play berry mechanic at least make it closer to the original,the current one is an abomination

Ok, 2nd day, I once again attempt to farm berries, x3 of plain seeds in order to get Very XXX  seeds, I keep them perfectly moist, I go to sleep wake up and they are dead, Why is this a thing.

If it takes us watering about once per hour for 10 hours are we meant to start as SOON as the day starts in order to get berries at like 2am in the morning? this is a little ridiculous, Can we either have it that water soil levels don't change when we are logged out or that it doesn't change when logged out, because currently this is ridiculous, I spend 9 hours in game, doing things and maintaining berries and then I need to go to sleep, I am not going to use this feature if it is this demanding.

This is being too needy as a feature.

Plants gave the "It was over watered" error again, yet I never over watered. Is this confirming it as a bug? They could not have been over watered so this is not a correct error message.

Edit: The solution to this will not be increasing the yield while making it so it still takes 10 hours, Please making it in shorter bursts of say 3 hours for berries but we get fewer of them, it is unreasonable for the time frame of 10 hours. Berry prices are still extortionate meaning i doubt every one else made breakthroughs with this system.

Edit edit; the only people able to maintain even the BASIC level of care for low tier berries are people who can come on once per hour at least 10 hours before they would go to bed, You are literally unable to do this unless you plan to do an all nighter for a "Passive process" or you get up early and do it.

I may not be one of them, but there are also people who have actual jobs and school, i can tell you right now, If i was at school with 9am-3pm times, If i got home at 3:30pm and planted some low tier berries, I would need to care for them until 1am in order to reach 10 hours? and longer if it is a high tier berry? Kyu, please change it to Low yields of 2-3 over something like 2-3 hours, 1 hour per low tier berry and 1.5 hours per medium yield berry and 2 hours per high yield berry sound like good balance. not /Days/ for high tier berries

Edited by Matoka

I was looking forward to farming berries, but the process takes way to long. There is no way in hell I can put in 8-10 hours daily to this game unless I no life the shit out of it. (Breeding Pokemon is a quicker process lol)

Looking forward to the PVE content Squirtle teased us about for the the longest time =)

I was looking forward to farming berries, but the process takes way to long. There is no way in hell I can put in 8-10 hours daily to this game unless I no life the shit out of it. (Breeding Pokemon is a quicker process lol)

Looking forward to the PVE content Squirtle teased us about for the the longest time =)

Hopefully everyone will do it

Party's over! Lvl up in my pokemons level 1 on the islands 5,6,7. with the money received from the NPC took the EVs that did not. Now I have to level up EVs with vitamins, do not berrys to reduce Evs. I have social life, the Agreement 5 am to work, get home around 5 pm. Or go to sleep around 11-12 hours of the night. Totally unfeasible as agriculture berries. I'd rather pay more in marked than do berries, 2k, 3k. to wait eight hours to get through agriculture. I made 150 meetings outside mt ember, found no berry for pickup.
Translator English sucks, it's not my native language.

I think the biggest problem with it is the time. I think it might work better if you made it in game time instead. like how eggs cant hatch unless we are in game. maybe doing like 2-4 hours in game would work better. I cant check every hour to see if it has grown or not. or even just make it so the plants dont die after they are grown. 

Where did the info about 10 hours come from?

First time I planted some totally random seeds it took them 12hrs to grow.

Next I planted some better berries lum/salac/petaya 24 hrs ago and they didn't even start sprouting... I watered them a couple of times today they're all wet and fine but they don't grow. 

I don't understand why this feature has to take so much time and attention. In the current design a person like me who plays daily but only gets to play a couple of hours in the evening will never get to grow a full berry tree as they'll probably die before I even come back home.

i would prefer less atention than less hours, so they can growth well while we are at work or sleeping; and of course, don't let them die if we don't harvest them so we could harvest at anytime when life let us do it.

It's good because if you do some calcs, if just using rustboro spot and you fill all soils you can obtain around 33-103 berries and i think it is a good number, but of course problem is on the watering....

the berry system should be dynamic causing the player need not prassar much time cultivating berrys, reset 252 each EV to modify a pokemon will be a big problem, I thought as follows, would be more effective if you: planted example '' Chesto 'reap 3 Chesto of course, you would not do seeds of these Chesto, but would use 1 fruit Chesto to plant another that would give 3 more Chesto, I know that the challenge for managers is to create new things that will challenge the players, respect this and I find it very different to be ever-changing, but the berry system needs improvement or will be complicated the lives of the players comp, not all players have available hours to get cultvando berrys, I myself am one, have my work and time left I like to stay in PokeMMO with my friends, fighting and having fun, but I think q this system should be rethought. Thank you!

Could just give us ev sliders for Pokemon that have already been trained. Ev reducing berries would still be somewhat useful because they add happiness.

Honestly I agree on Gunthug with this one, since we can only use the person for happiness once a day (still dont know if that is PokeMMO day or not, still thats 6 hours) a lot of people would like to be able to raise happiness faster and if they accidentally mess up in EVing their pokemon or want to EV it differently then it now takes absolutely forever to get the berries to do so. I'll quote NikhilR on this one "Feels like breeding a new pokemon is altogether cheaper than buying berries to re-ev them." It takes a hell of a lot less time and effort to breed another pokemon then try and farm these berries. Farming the berries for battling I'm ok with, but I feel like there should be a better way to obtain the EV berries or as Gunthug said, EV sliders for pokemon who have already been trained

Yes i agree that the Dev's should give more information on how things are supposed to work. but calm down, its a new system. its not supposed to be perfect at the start because there's no way to know how its going to work until the test it on us. and it takes time to gather data properly to determine what needs to be fixed. obviously they can tell its very difficult and it needs adjusting which will happen which takes time. just give it a month like some others have said and hopefully prices will drop or they will fix it.

i watered my plants four times over a 15 HOUR period yesterday (only when they were dry to prevent flooding)
went to bed, wake up and now my whole plot is dead lol.

great feature...what do they expect, for me to sit and water berries all day and night?

Did you only water them once at a time?