Regarding new Berry system

yea if the plot was dry i watered it 1x....seemed like i had to water them 1x every 3 hours or so to prevent drying up.
when i went to bed, my whole plot was dead on waking lol.

A single water doesn't fully water them, water them until they get into the 'almost flooded' state.

How am I meant to realistically get enough seeds to start the process after several failed attempts?

to start with i had tons of seeds but now i have none, and berries cost too much and the rate of finding them in the wild is really uncommon, is there really not going to be a way to start out? no purchasable trash-tier seeds to give you a few random berries to start off? I'm just sad cause I've lost so many would-be berries so far and I can't really restart it.

How am I meant to realistically get enough seeds to start the process after several failed attempts?

to start with i had tons of seeds but now i have none, and berries cost too much and the rate of finding them in the wild is really uncommon, is there really not going to be a way to start out? no purchasable trash-tier seeds to give you a few random berries to start off? I'm just sad cause I've lost so many would-be berries so far and I can't really restart it.

Do some pick up in hoenn, seeds will pop up quite often.

Most seeds are useable, but plain-seeds should be cheaper. 

and give it a few days and berries will be cheaper in GTL aswell. They have already dropped significantly