Scale Levels Down in Level 50 Battle Frontier

Albeast33

Question

Hey everyone,

Just a quick suggestion that will enable more people to play the battle frontier in whatever mode they wish.

Unlike PvP battling, the battle frontier does not scale down the levels of our Pokémon to lv 50 when we wish to enter that mode, which is a massive determent to any Pokémon in the 50-60 range because they are too strong for lv 50, and too weak for open (when really its lv 100).

Furthermore, it allows Pokémon like TTar, Salemance, and others that evolve past lv 50 to be used in Battle Frontier. Not to mention, this allows the battle frontier to be used as more realistic comp practice as well.

Finally, by scaling the levels down, it allows more people to play the Battle Frontier how they wish, encouraging more players to try it, which is the aim of a game anyways.

What do you guys think?

In that case, after reading the above, I'd like to push for it to happen sooner than later. I wouldn't imagine it would take up too much time since the PvP system already works this way. All that needs to be there is the player support (purpose of the thread), and a definitive response from the Devs. 

Show your support everyone :D

I think this is something that can be easily implemented and would find helpful as well since a lot of my comps are level 100 and now I regret that. I would like to have those comps back at level 50, but it's not worth the time, effort and monetary cost to make those comps again.

Even so, you want more people to playing the game. By scaling levels down to 50, you are encouraging a wider variety of people to play the game. Plus, as I said earlier, this could be used as comp practice as well.

But, it isn't hard to make a comp and keep it at level 50. 

Shelgon evolves into Salamance at level 50. The other pokemon like Dragonite/Tyranitar are really meant for a 100 bracket, not the 50 bracket.

You are literally the only person with this opinion. Far more people would like to use their Dragonite and Tyranitar at level 50. The only possible flaw i could see for this is some flimsy excuse about breaking the lore.

But, it isn't hard to make a comp and keep it at level 50. 

Difficulty does not factor into this. He said he doesn't want to bother remaking a Pokemon exactly the same just to battle in the Frontier with it. 

Unlike PvP battling, the battle frontier does not scale down the levels of our Pokémon to lv 50 [...]

Furthermore, it allows Pokémon like TTar, Salemance, and others that evolve past lv 50 to be used in Battle Frontier. Not to mention, this allows the battle frontier to be used as more realistic comp practice as well.

[...] scaling the levels down [...].

Do I need to say more?

Scale down, please!!!

You are literally the only person with this opinion. Far more people would like to use their Dragonite and Tyranitar at level 50. The only possible flaw i could see for this is some flimsy excuse about breaking the lore.

Why should a dragonite where a dragonaire evolves at level 55 be used in a 50s comp? Oh wait it shouldn't. Same situation with Tyranitar. Yet you provide no reason they should be in 50s comp. I can sure as hell say in official Pokemon Tournaments that it won't fly. Otherwise you would get Disqualified.

Difficulty does not factor into this. He said he doesn't want to bother remaking a Pokemon exactly the same just to battle in the Frontier with it. 

People wouldn't have that problem if they DIDN'T use their comps outside of PvP/Battle Tower/Trainer Tower. They wouldn't end up over leveling them. You DON'T need a comp to farm islands for money or for any other trivial tasks. 

Replies in Quote ;)

Replies in Quote ;)

So far, all I've seen from you (or anyone, for that matter) is a very worn out point that Dragonair and Pupitar don't evolve until 55. Tell me, have you ever played gen 2 or 4? In gen 2, Lance had a Dragonite at level 50. I don't think he cared. In gen 4, ALL Pokemon were scaled down the 50 in the Battle Frontier.

That unimportant little argument aside, tell me why Pokemon below level 60 should not be scaled down? Can you actually give a single good reason why that shouldn't be allowed? Because "people shouldn't level them past 50" isn't even worth the energy it takes to type. It happens and is an issue. It's going to continue happening and there's no way to stop it from happening.

So far, all I've seen from you (or anyone, for that matter) is a very worn out point that Dragonair and Pupitar don't evolve until 55. Tell me, have you ever played gen 2 or 4? In gen 2, Lance had a Dragonite at level 50. I don't think he cared. In gen 4, ALL Pokemon were scaled down the 50 in the Battle Frontier.

That unimportant little argument aside, tell me why Pokemon below level 60 should not be scaled down? Can you actually give a single good reason why that shouldn't be allowed? Because "people shouldn't level them past 50" isn't even worth the energy it takes to type. It happens and is an issue. It's going to continue happening and there's no way to stop it from happening.

I'm not saying pokemon above50 shouldn't be scaled down, but given how we as players gain dragonite/Tyranitar, they shouldn't be scaled down as they don't exist within the means of the players. However say a Salamance is level 53, it should be able to be scaled down. However Dragonite/Tyranitar doesn't exist below level 55 that is in the means of how a player can get them. Also for all we know, GameFreak/Nintendo scaled the dragonite down to make it easier to face Lance.

Also Lance is a master of dragon types. So for all we know he knew how to evolve his pokemon early. 

Also over leveling your comps shouldn't be an issue, again you don't need to use comps to do anything outside of PvP/Battle Frontier/Trainer Tower. Don't use your comps in other scenarios and the problem won't be a problem.

I'm not saying pokemon above50 shouldn't be scaled down, but given how we as players gain dragonite/Tyranitar, they shouldn't be scaled down as they don't exist within the means of the players. However say a Salamance is level 53, it should be able to be scaled down. However Dragonite/Tyranitar doesn't exist below level 55 that is in the means of how a player can get them. Also for all we know, GameFreak/Nintendo scaled the dragonite down to make it easier to face Lance.

Also Lance is a master of dragon types. So for all we know he knew how to evolve his pokemon early. 

Also over leveling your comps shouldn't be an issue, again you don't need to use comps to do anything outside of PvP/Battle Frontier/Trainer Tower. Don't use your comps in other scenarios and the problem won't be a problem.

Oi... you just keep saying the same thing again and again and again. If this is the only argument anyone has against scaling down to 50, I don't know why this wasn't implemented the day the Battle Frontier came out.

Oi... you just keep saying the same thing again and again and again. If this is the only argument anyone has against scaling down to 50, I don't know why this wasn't implemented the day the Battle Frontier came out.

And you keep saying the same crap over and over again.

And you keep saying the same crap over and over again.

Because the 'same crap' is shared by the majority of players.

There is no other situation in the game where you have to worry about over-leveling. Why does this have to impede progress? 

Once again, by scaling down to level 50, we are encouraging competitive practice at the battle frontier. I have no idea why you would think this is a bad idea if it means more people become attracted to competitive battling, which is currently the end game.

In previous threads, people agreed that scaling down to level 50 should have happened. The purpose of this thread is so that we can push for it to happen soon, preferably the next update when it may come in a month or two.

Because the 'same crap' is shared by the majority of players.

There is no other situation in the game where you have to worry about over-leveling. Why does this have to impede progress? 

Once again, by scaling down to level 50, we are encouraging competitive practice at the battle frontier. I have no idea why you would think this is a bad idea if it means more people become attracted to competitive battling, which is currently the end game.

In previous threads, people agreed that scaling down to level 50 should have happened. The purpose of this thread is so that we can push for it to happen soon, preferably the next update when it may come in a month or two.

You obviously didn't read any of my posts.

I'm not saying pokemon above50 shouldn't be scaled down, but given how we as players gain dragonite/Tyranitar, they shouldn't be scaled down as they don't exist within the means of the players. However say a Salamance is level 53, it should be able to be scaled down. However Dragonite/Tyranitar doesn't exist below level 55 that is in the means of how a player can get them.

so i guess dragonite and tyranitar are ban from official double battles tournament because players cant get them at lv50. when devs reduse to change sonething from original game its because they scared players might exploit them, but in this case i see no harm scaling down pokemon to lv50 in battle tower.

so i guess dragonite and tyranitar are ban from official double battles tournament because players cant get them at lv50. when devs reduse to change sonething from original game its because they scared players might exploit them, but in this case i see no harm scaling down pokemon to lv50 in battle tower.

There is a reason why 100s can serve a purpose.

There is a reason why 100s can serve a purpose.

And I agree with that, but its not like we're taking away that purpose. This would be encouraging coherence between PvP and PvE, while opening the Battle Frontier to more people.

Any argument that can be made against the scaling of levels is that its the essential purpose of lv 100 Battle Frontier modes. HOWEVER we are not taking this purpose away, but as I said before, simply expanding, and making the Battle Frontier more available with the Pokémon most people already have, but are too high a level.

This is a question of when, not if.

And I agree with that, but its not like we're taking away that purpose. This would be encouraging coherence between PvP and PvE, while opening the Battle Frontier to more people.

Any argument that can be made against the scaling of levels is that its the essential purpose of lv 100 Battle Frontier modes. HOWEVER we are not taking this purpose away, but as I said before, simply expanding, and making the Battle Frontier more available with the Pokémon most people already have, but are too high a level.

This is a question of when, not if.

All I'm saying is, that because of the nature of how we as players obtain Tyranitar and Dragonite, they should be excluded on scaling down. As they are available for lvl 100 comps.

Which shouldn't be a thing since we can't obtain them til 55.

That's arguing the competitive system entirely, which is something else that is not discussed on this thread. So are there any specific arguments as to why shouldn't scale down? The way I see it, everyone agrees, and we should simply be pushing the devs to hopefully let this happen soon, and not delay it any longer. 

That's arguing the competitive system entirely, which is something else that is not discussed on this thread. So are there any specific arguments as to why shouldn't scale down? The way I see it, everyone agrees, and we should simply be pushing the devs to hopefully let this happen soon, and not delay it any longer. 

If you read my other replies, I am ok with the scaling down except for pokemon that evolve after 50. Such as Dragonite/Tyranitar.