The Berry Farming Guide

xStarr

@Lucius

what I dont like of your chart is that it goes up to 150%, I mean how, isnt flooded 100% and almost flooded like 90%?

if we use computer logic there should be a 8-bit variable that controls moisture level (like the happiness one)

maybe if we can translate our recordings to the 255 scale it would make more sense

so idk but dry could be <10, moist <100, wet <200, almost flooded <255 and flooded 255

and the wilting is how fast the plant loses berries after it bears fruit

this is, once the tree bears fruit, with each "tick" it will lose a berry all the way down to 1 (atm is 0 which causes deadlocks)

we need to record that data too but seems bugged atm

Thank you very much for your comment.
I think you are right, when moisture level drops below 0% every hour after that point it loses a berry, but it's just a theory.

150% is an approximate number. I'm not sure about almost flooded message, but I think it show a small part of flooded state. (maybe 100% to 125%)

There is a little misunderstanding about my chart. there have to be three different states:
0 to 100% is a normal state with 100% the maximum amount of moisture a plant needs and/or can take.
-100 to 0% is a dry state at which withering and yield reducing is supposed to happen.
100 to 200% is a flooded state at which also yield reducing occurs.

So basically normal state returns the following messages: Almost Dry, Moist, Wet
Flooded state returns: Almost Flooded, Flooded
Dry state: Dry

The main question is whether or not Almost Flooded should be include into normal state. But I still think it belongs to the flooded state. Mainly because it reduced my yield and it doesn't fit into calculation formula.

when moisture level drops below 0% every hour after that point it loses a berry, but it's just a theory.

is this about the wiltering?

If so imo wiltering doesnt relate to moisture, wiltering kicks in after your berries are ready to harvest (at this point water is not needed), but you dont get to harvest them imediately

In this case, cycle after cycle (similar to watering cycles but can't say equal, the type of berry determines the lenght of the cycle)  the plant will lose berries all the way down to one (so if you leave it alone for a long time you will come back and harvest a single berry or a dead tree im not entirely sure)

The main question is whether or not Almost Flooded should be include into normal state. But I still think it belongs to the flooded state. Mainly because it reduced my yield and it doesn't fit into calculation formula.

Somewhere I read devs say that the "almost flooded" state is as safe as wet and it brings no negative consequences to the plant (in theory)

We need to focus on what happens and DO TESTING.

I'm throwing away my tests before update and this is after watering update:

I harvested 26 Pecha Trees using the following method:

Plant, Water it 2x to Almost flooded

7 hours later it gets Almost dry, and Water it 2x to Moist

12 hours later it is ready and harvested instantly (no time to withering)

I got the following:

9 trees yielded 5 berries

6 trees yielded 6 berries

11 trees yielded 7 berries

It's good to know that they decreased RNG and i think that 5-7 berries are a reasonable amount FOR LOW LEVEL BERRIES

Look at the GD thread, desu said that 5-7 should not be the norm

hope we can get it boosted to atleast 6-8

Ive been using the following method:

- Check berries:

If moist, water

If not moist, leave it alone

This morning picked up 14 trees, they all had 5-7 berries.

I like your method, but idk if there is cons in letting it go to "almost dry". Also feel that you could water 3x to Wet and then leave it alone until the 12h. Since we get similar results I guess there is no difference.

Now trying some low growth ones #liechipls

is this about the wiltering?

If so imo wiltering doesnt relate to moisture, wiltering kicks in after your berries are ready to harvest (at this point water is not needed), but you dont get to harvest them imediately

In this case, cycle after cycle (similar to watering cycles but can't say equal, the type of berry determines the lenght of the cycle)  the plant will lose berries all the way down to one (so if you leave it alone for a long time you will come back and harvest a single berry or a dead tree im not entirely sure)

Somewhere I read devs say that the "almost flooded" state is as safe as wet and it brings no negative consequences to the plant (in theory)

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand, not only dryness and flooding reduces the final yield, but also berries wither one by one after they appear on a tree. That is scary))

Devs? They don't know their numbers)) Kidding)

Look at the GD thread, desu said that 5-7 should not be the norm

hope we can get it boosted to atleast 6-8

Ive been using the following method:

- Check berries:

If moist, water

If not moist, leave it alone

This morning picked up 14 trees, they all had 5-7 berries.

I like your method, but idk if there is cons in letting it go to "almost dry". Also feel that you could water 3x to Wet and then leave it alone until the 12h. Since we get similar results I guess there is no difference.

Now trying some low growth ones #liechipls

I do leave them alone until it reaches 12h (you know... god damned withering), they will still be Moist before giving me berries :)

I like this method too because i need to water only ONCE, and i don't need to be stressed spectating every hour.

I have sent a PM to Desu asking him to answer me about this method if it's the IDEAL scenario to grow a berry, but he didn't answer yet.

I have sent a PM to Desu asking him to answer me about this method if it's the IDEAL scenario to grow a berry, but he didn't answer yet.

If it works consistently (albeit new updates) I guess pretty much cracks the 12h tier in the most effective way.

Now need to focus on the others, any way to know how long for salac/liechi? Im approaching the 48h line here (with berries planted after last major update)

Edited by axx

If it works consistently (albeit new updates) I guess pretty much cracks the 12h tier in the most effective way.

Now need to focus on the others, any way how long for salac/liechi? Im approaching the 48h line here (with berries planted after last major update)

I will run the same method with EV Reducing Berries (not exactly same timing because watering/grown is different), going to plant at least 2x each ev reducing berry.

I think Salac and Liechi takes 72h to fully grow.

Edited by Uncandango

Capture.png

Just got 12 Lum from on plant tree

It's before update (when you planted), they have NERFED RNG yield, higher min and lower max, it was like 3-10 and now 5-7.

We need to see how it's working after watering update.

I'm talking about low tier berries

Edited by Uncandango

It's before update (when you planted), they have NERFED RNG yield, higher min and lower max, it was like 3-10 and now 5-7.

We need to see how it's working after watering update.

I'm talking about low tier berries

i just harvested some lums, which yielded from 7-12 berries from each plant. all planted after the last update

i just harvested some lums, which yielded from 7-12 berries from each plant. all planted after the last update

desu was looking into it, hopefully he changed it and we get such nice hauls for everything now (that is unless the plant was flooded or dried)

not true b/c i kept my last plant to "almost flooded" every time i checked on it....it was alive for over 18 hours but just died due to "over-watering"

that was my second fail, my first fail was UNDER watering of course lol....

i literally have no idea what i'm doing with these berries

Edited by phildobaggins520

not true b/c i kept my last plant to "almost flooded" every time i checked on it....it was alive for over 18 hours but just died due to "over-watering"

that was my second fail, my first fail was UNDER watering of course lol....

idk then, i "almost flood" my plants alot and there seems to be no negative effects so far, they all bloom "excellently" and produce what its supposed to be produced

Ok i planted some Tomatos (i didn't water them with any patron, just when i could, never got dry neather almost dry, min moist), and havr been exactly 32 hours and a half since i plant them and actually they are "blooming excellently" so i think it takes around 32-34 hours to plant berrys with medium growth time (like tomatos).

.....BUT, i remember that desu or kyu said that growth time depend on how well you water them, so i think the min time is 33 hours for medium growth berrys in general (i don't believe EV reducing berrys are different than the others) since i never let them get dry.

Something that i want to share too is that i water them around 10:30 pm- 11:00pm to almost flooded and i sleep till 7:30 am and they were still moist when i checked at likely 8:10 am (note that they "need to be watered constantly").

Ok i planted some Tomatos (i didn't water them with any patron, just when i could, never got dry neather almost dry, min moist), and havr been exactly 32 hours and a half since i plant them and actually they are "blooming excellently" so i think it takes around 32-34 hours to plant berrys with medium growth time (like tomatos).

.....BUT, i remember that desu or kyu said that growth time depend on how well you water them, so i think the min time is 33 hours for medium growth berrys in general (i don't believe EV reducing berrys are different than the others) since i never let them get dry.

Something that i want to share too is that i water them around 10:30 pm- 11:00pm to almost flooded and i sleep till 7:30 am and they were still moist when i checked at likely 8:10 am (note that they "need to be watered constantly").

EV reducing berries takes 36 hours and i think that watering doesn't speed up or slow down growth time.

Edited by Uncandango

EV reducing berries takes 36 hours and i think that watering doesn't speed up or slow down growth time.

I got some hondew comming up in a couple hours (36h), we should find out if

a ) its really 36h

b ) the production was increased to 7-12

c ) "almost flooding" has no negative effects

Edited by axx

I got some hondew comming up in a couple hours (36h), we should find out if

a ) its really 36h

b ) the production was increased to 7-12

c ) "almost flooding" has no negative effects

I got grepa, kelpsy and qualot berries growing. all planted at the same time. so 36 hours might be right         

EDIT:

[spoiler]

I02LDxZ.png?1

[/spoiler]             

Edited by xStarr

Uncandango: for the purpuse of testing, I have a few (5-7) Salac berries planted after the update, they should give berries tomorrow. 

I also have 2 lum berry trees blooming 'poorly', will let you know how much I get from each!

EDIT: Those two that were blooming poorly, both gave out 6 lum berries.