The Berry Farming Guide

xStarr

i started some after 7/03 11:00 PM

chesto took 10hr

leppa took about the same maybe 12, not sure tho as i was asleep and luckily they didnt die (i didnt log off kek but the server afk kicked me)

started salac and took about 16 hours to sprout (32h to go hype!)

started more chesto/pecha and they sprouted in about 2h

started liechi and will record time from the first wet to moist and sprout time tho these seem to require even less water than salac

I have planted similar berries (by effect)...

(Stats cure) Pecha = 12 hours (3*4)

(Stats mod) Lansat/Salac/Liechi = 72 hours (18*4)

(+12.5% HP berries) = 32 hours (8*4)

EV reducing berries = 36 hours (9*4)

I will recheck Chesto and Leppa

I have planted similar berries (by effect)...

(Stats cure) Pecha = 12 hours (3*4)

(Stats mod) Lansat/Salac/Liechi = 72 hours (18*4)

(+12.5% HP berries) = 32 hours (8*4)

EV reducing berries = 36 hours (9*4)

I will recheck Chesto and Leppa

sounds about right 12h for chesto and leppa actually

and darn 72h for salacs i cri

whats next, some bugs gona shit our crops? lol (inb4 scyther swarm in route 120)

When did you started your tests (planting seed time)? Was it AFTER 27/03 11:00 PM (GMT)?

Thanks for your comments.
I planted these berries 10 hours prior to posting the message.

They added TODAY "almost dry" and "almost flooded", it will be more precise now  ;)

Indeed, I've noticed at the very end of the growth cycle, which confused me a little.

I am afraid they are not, i tested it and a Liech Tree takes 9 hours to get to Dry state (from WET), and Pecha Tree takes 5h to get to Dry state (from WET)

It goes from Wet to Moist to Dry. That means 4-5 hrs for Liechi and 3 hrs for Pecha to get from Moist to Dry. Peach has to have the same growth time with Grapefruit, which I've just tested, if I'm not mistaken. I tried Liechi, approximately 1 or 2 days ago and then gave up on it)) Liechi takes forever to grow. It's 96 hours according to bulbapedia. I'm afraid it might take you several months in this game))) Like real-life agriculture. So Basically, the drain rate is between 2 and 5 which isn't significant((

Sadly we can't fully rely on bulbapedia, this game have a lot of modifications.

Indeed, we can't rely on bulbapedia to get accurate numbers, but the basic idea is similar. Pear grows faster than Grapefruit, Grapefruit grows faster than Liechi.

Growth time is easy to find out. Drain rate is a bit confusing part. It would be nice to get those rates.

Edited by LuciusTellus

What is "Pear" and "Grapefruit"? Is it a berry group?

i believe those are the ones used to make pokecubes

edit:

pear->wepear berry (ingredient)

grapefruit->bluk berry (ingredient)

also, whats the best way to get very sweet seeds?

Edited by axx

4 sitrus plants took around 30 hours each - 3 of them were flooded once (before the update, from moist to flooded) and the 4th was never flooded. I got 4, 5, 5, and 6 berries from each plant, so 20 overall. Not a bad haul, but was hoping for a higher yield from the non flooded one

Also, the new berry creation interface is much, much better, thanks a lot for that

So after a bug report, I think I understand how the mechanics of how watering your plants works and I'l try to explain.

After leaving my plants for around 10 hours, I come back to this:

Note it skips 'wet' completely which is why I thought it was bugged, but it's actually intended.

6d456e8042abc3971881158c20ecadc0.png

Here is the mechanics to it, I think it's something like this.

ccb497e53d229991895ade96dbf105f7.png

So technically, when it jumps from 'Moist' to 'Almost flooded' you're absolutely fine(confirmed by Desu), you're pretty much in 'Wet' still, but it's giving you a warning, any more and it'll flood.

Don't laugh at my awesome paint work.

Edited by KaynineXL

Don't laugh at my awesome paint work.

The artwork is cute)) Nice concept, but I'm afraid I have to disagree.

So after a bug report, I think I understand how the mechanics of how watering your plants works and I'l try to explain.

After leaving my plants for around 10 hours, I come back to this:
Note it skips 'wet' completely which is why I thought it was bugged, but it's actually intended.

So, after a range of basic calculations I've finally understood the logic behind the algorithm.
It doesn't skip anything. Wet stage is still there. The trick is that moisture stages are not stages at all, they don't indicate a stage at which moisture levels are (like in boosting speed or attack by 1-2 stages). It doesn't indicate a number either. Stages (moist, wet, flooded etc) give us information about the range within which moisture level is. In other words, if moisture is 80, 85 or 90%, computer will tell you the soil is wet.

Proof:
Stages are not consistent and not always appear in the same order.
1) I watered the same berry at the DRY stage, but at a different time. Once it went from dry to moist>moist>almost flooded, the 2nd time it went from dry to moist>moist>wet
2) Plants create a different sequence draining from almost flooded depending on whether you water it in the middle of growth or in the beginning.
Thus, we might assume these stages are not a fixed stage or number but have a certain percentage.
When I applied my calculation method to different types of plants, trying different steps of watering it all started making sense.

So, basically, almost flooded has to be above 100%, and dry has to be 0%. Because dry means there is no moisture at all.

Now, we all know that plants drain at a certain rate every hour. It's easy to find that rate.
We take the amount of time it takes for a plant to go all the way from almost flooded to dry and thus we find out the number of increments it takes.

Also, we must realize that we start with neutral moisture level, which is moist (50%).
And since we can't water our DRY plants more than 3 times, let's assume watering increases moisture level by 1/3.

Long story short, here is a final chart with accurate numbers, which match the messages that appear during growth, also there is a guide with a drain cycle (I've written down all the displayed messages accurately)

Note: in the watering guide I watered all seeds in the beginning twice, bringing them to almost flooded state (116.6%)

Tooltip made things easier. So now we can be sure about growth times.
1) short growth time = 2.5 hrs per stage (total: 10hrs)
2) medium growth time = 8 hrs per stage (total: 32hrs)
3) long growth time = 9 hrs per stage (total: 36hrs)

Kaynine, the only thing I don't understand is the withering rate. Tooltip says some plants wilt quickly, while others not very quickly. Do you have any idea what that means?
3c3zdrbtakpbss66g.jpg

psci2v7ozfyvhn56g.jpg

Kaynine, the only thing I don't understand is the withering rate. Tooltip says some plants wilt quickly, while others not very quickly. Do you have any idea what that means?

I still think my diagram is better than yours tbh.. It looks more readable and clear. Straight to the point.

e1f2ff287bbb1c90efea11c7b491fe64.png

I think wilt means how quickly the plant consumes water. so if it's 'wilts quickly' it means it needs to be watered more often. I think.

Wouldn't really make sense though, considering there is the 'thirsty' message, so maybe it means how well they do when the crop is dried up? Will it die fast, or can it survive for a while.

[spoiler] yours is way better than mine :([/spoiler]

Edited by KaynineXL

@Lucius

what I dont like of your chart is that it goes up to 150%, I mean how, isnt flooded 100% and almost flooded like 90%?

if we use computer logic there should be a 8-bit variable that controls moisture level (like the happiness one)

maybe if we can translate our recordings to the 255 scale it would make more sense

so idk but dry could be <10, moist <100, wet <200, almost flooded <255 and flooded 255

and the wilting is how fast the plant loses berries after it bears fruit

this is, once the tree bears fruit, with each "tick" it will lose a berry all the way down to 1 (atm is 0 which causes deadlocks)

we need to record that data too but seems bugged atm

I still think my diagram is better than yours tbh.. It looks more readable and clear. Straight to the point.

Indeed, it looks nice.
But still, look at my notes.
Iapapa berry returned 2 'wet' messages and 5 'moist' messages during a cycle, while
Wepear berry returned 2 'wet' messages but 4 'moist' messages during a cycle
That proves:
1) They are not equally scaled, otherwise it would have been 2 to 4, and 3 to 6.
2) According to your chart moist = 2/3, and wet = 1/3, in which case moist/wet = 2
However, in reality 5/2 != 2 

Briefly, my point is that watering doesn't increase moisture level exactly by one stage. It has to be calculated.
Also watering increase != (is not equal) drain.

Indeed, it looks nice.
But still, look at my notes.
Iapapa berry returned 2 'wet' messages and 5 'moist' messages during a cycle, while
Wepear berry returned 2 'wet' messages but 4 'moist' messages during a cycle
That proves:
1) They are not equally scaled, otherwise it would have been 2 to 4, and 3 to 6.
2) According to your chart moist = 2/3, and wet = 1/3, in which case moist/wet = 2
However, in reality 5/2 != 2 

Briefly, my point is that watering doesn't increase moisture level exactly by one stage. It has to be calculated.
Also watering increase != (is not equal) drain.

Well mine wasn't exactly accurate, mine was just giving a rough idea of how it probably looks.