The Berry Farming Guide

xStarr

ok so last night i planted 30+ plain sour seeds at the same time...

i set my alarm clock for 4 hours while sleeping.

woke up watered all the plants at the same time, repeated process til full growth....

when harvested all at the same time, all plants were grown equally yet some plants gave me 9-10 berrys some plants gave me 5-7 berrys why is this??? the growth pattern was no different between any of the plants.

can anyone else confirm they had the same issue?

ok so last night i planted 30+ plain sour seeds at the same time...

i set my alarm clock for 4 hours while sleeping.

woke up watered all the plants at the same time, repeated process til full growth....

when harvested all at the same time, all plants were grown equally yet some plants gave me 9-10 berrys some plants gave me 5-7 berrys why is this??? the growth pattern was no different between any of the plants.

can anyone else confirm they had the same issue?

Random Number Generator.

I'm doing the same here and i will post results.

Hey guys, i did the following tests:

Pecha Trees takes 12 hours to grow.

(all said blooming excellently at the end)

Method 1:

4 Pecha

• Starting WET
  • 5 Hours later it went to Dry and watered 3 times at once (To Moist, to Moist, to Flooded)
  • 12 hours later it's ready to harvest

I got 6+6+10+8 berries.

Method 2:

3 Pecha

• Starting FLOODED
  • 7 hours later it went to Dry and watered 2 times at once (To Moist, to Wet)

I got 6+7+9 berries.

Method 3:

1 Pecha Tree

• Starting WET
  • 5 hours later it went to Dry and watered 2 times at once (To Moist, to Moist)
  • 10 hours later it went to Dry and watered 2 times at once (To Moist to Moist)

I got 5 berries.

Conclusion:

Method 1 and 2 looks reasonable (watering only once), while method 2 looks better to do overnight.

This method applies only to 12h berries.

I think you get a min 5 berries (when glooming excellently) PLUS 0-5 berries AT RANDOM (5 berries are too much for randomness, come on devs...).

I'm going to run this tests again to make sure if 0-5 berries are RNG.

Well, I can provide some info as well. These results are not very detailed because most of the time I was either sleeping or out of home, so I don't have the exact time notes with me. But still just so you guys can get some rough idea, here it is.

Leppa Berries: Takes 16 hours to grow. Grows to next stage every 4 hours.

DAY 1: Seeds to grow 10 Leppa plants were sown. (I was optimistic that this time my 10 plants won't die, I had a rough idea of that 16 hour figure because of testing berries on Saturday and Sunday, sadly in both cases my plants died because of absurd timing. This time I started right in the morning, so kinda knew that I will be able to harvest them at night)

• Planted the seeds at morning before leaving.
  • Flooded the soil once for every plant.
  • Came back home around 6-7 hours later and soil was moist.
  • Flooded the soil again.
  • Around 16 hours later from the starting time, the berries were ripe and ready to harvest.

DAY 2: Seeds to grow 15 Leppa plants were sown.

• Planted the seeds before sleeping.
  • Flooded the soil once for every plant.
  • Woke up after 6 hours(?) and opened the game and soil was moist.
  • Flooded them again, since I knew I would be late.
  • Came back home around 8 hours later, minutes before harvesting time (16 hours), soil was dry but trees were "blooming beautifully".
  • Watered them once again, just for the sake of it. Harvested them just now.

In both the cases, I have received 4-6 Leppa berries from each plant. Majority being 6.

I think in case of Leppa Berries, just flooding them 2 times worked out for me. But well, we just received an update, so results may vary. Also, this weekend I will try to do some more analysis on some more berries.

Edited by LiquidFrost

Kelpsy berry is very dry+plain dry+plain sour

pomeg berry is very spicy-plain spicy+plain bitter

qualot berry is very sweet+plain sweet+plain spicy

did they change the recepies in this update maybe?

My spreadsheet says the same you said. Maybe OP just wrote the other combo for same results.

When i got up this morning, all 9 plants were dead(though never flooded), but i just left them dead. Got home from work 8 hrs later, and three out of nine were still dead. Rest fully grown.

Now I have a bug where 2 out of 6 plants grew 0 berries. When i say yes to "picking up the berries", it says [IGN] left the berry unpicked. 

I cant remove the tree, so now i have two slots less for my farm. Anyone else had this problem?

"You found 0 pecha berry!"

"Do you want to pick up the berry? - YES"

" [IGN] left the berry unpicked"

EDIT: NVM my plants died after doing this post, so now i can replant new ones. ^still weird though

Edited by pikabuuh

the update now shows the berry being made <3

Also, normally before I sleep I put my berries to where they're wet/almost flooded.

Then, sleep for 8-9 hours.

They don't die while I'm away, and they grow a lot overnight.

"You found 0 pecha berry!"

Known issue, I made them die AFTER 0 instead of 1.

They completely removed the farm location on route 111.

Was a visual issue only, the plots didnt function. (This was because that map has two versions, one with tower one not)

My First Berry Planting Experience.

Watering:
As you know, there are several moisture levels (dry, moist, wet, flooded) and the bad thing is, that moisture drain rate is the same for all berries irrespective of their growth time. In other words, all berries drop from one moisture level to another at the same rate.

I've planted 3 PEAR berries at the same time:
1) the 1st was never watered (yield 2)
2) the 2nd was kept moist (yield 6)
3) the 3rd was kept wet (yield 7)

It seems that there isn't much difference between moist and wet, so both are desirable. Dry soil doesn't seem to kill plants, they haven't withered, although they yielded poorly.

I believe that stages of growth have something to do with drain rate, thus seeds don't require much water and drop from moist to dry after 3 hours, but once they've sprouted their drain rate becomes 2 hours.

Growth Time:
According to bulbapedia Blueberry, Pear, Pineapple, Banana and Raspberry have the shortest growth time. It is 4 hours for gen III. However the shortest growth time in this MMO seems to be 10 hours. It was exactly 10 hours for my PEAR berries, while Grapefruit (12 hours according to bulbapedia) had only sprouted by the time I picked up berries fro the Pear trees. I think it will take 32 hours for Grapefruit to fully grow.

Each stage of growth takes the same amount of time. Thus, if growth time of a Pear Berry is 10 hours, that is exactly 180 minutes per stage.

The following is a theoretical chart for growth time/watering which contains notes from my first experience:
ce1nx7t1bszggz46g.jpg45kh47bwqu7407w6g.jpg

In case anyone missed it, we were made aware of a few bugs earlier today:

• Wither times aren't functioning properly and are killing plants immediately instead of decrementing yield every tick. This meant most plants would rot away after 4-6h of completed growth instead of the intended length.
  • On death, if a plant rotted away entirely, there's no message to handle it and it falls back to the flood indicator, giving misleading feedback on how the plant dies.

We'll have these resolved and pushed to Live within the next day. Thanks for your patience.

I have a plant it tells me i have 0 berries on it and it will not let me pick/clear the plant what do i do.

Very nice man!

When did you started your tests (planting seed time)? Was it AFTER 27/03 11:00 PM (GMT)?

We need to check some info:

there are several moisture levels (dry, moist, wet, flooded)

They added TODAY "almost dry" and "almost flooded", it will be more precise now  ;)

moisture drain rate is the same for all berries irrespective of their growth time

I am afraid they are not, i tested it and a Liech Tree takes 9 hours to get to Dry state (from WET), and Pecha Tree takes 5h to get to Dry state (from WET)

I've planted 3 PEAR berries at the same time:
1) the 1st was never watered (yield 2)
2) the 2nd was kept moist (yield 6)
3) the 3rd was kept wet (yield 7)

We need more samples with same watering, type and ETC to isolate RNG (i think we can get from 5-10 with a plant blooming excellently, being FIVE of them totally from RNG :angry: )

It seems that there isn't much difference between moist and wet, so both are desirable. Dry soil doesn't seem to kill plants, they haven't withered, although they yielded poorly.

Agree!

According to bulbapedia

Sadly we can't fully rely on bulbapedia, this game have a lot of modifications.

You can pretty much estimate growth by watching carefully their first stage change...

If a seed sprouts in 3 hours, then it takes 12h to be fully grown.

Edited by Uncandango

i started some after 7/03 11:00 PM

chesto took 10hr

leppa took about the same maybe 12, not sure tho as i was asleep and luckily they didnt die (i didnt log off kek but the server afk kicked me)

started salac and took about 16 hours to sprout (32h to go hype!)

started more chesto/pecha and they sprouted in about 2h

started liechi and will record time from the first wet to moist and sprout time tho these seem to require even less water than salac