So I'm just wondering

Farming

• Berries can now be grown in Loamy Soil around Hoenn by using Seeds.
  • Seeds are extracted from Berries using Harvesting Tools purchasable from the Flower Shop.
  • Seeds may drop periodically in some Hoenn areas.
  • Plant 2-3 seeds in soil to get a berry plant.
  • Water your plants or they'll die. Don't water them too much or they'll drown. Some plants require more water than others.
  • Berries obtained from Saffron's Berry Merchant have been marked as Untradeable. If a player owned more than 15 of any Berry species purchased from Saffron's Berry Mart, their count has been reduced to 15 and their money has been refunded.

Gift Shop

what the fuck is wrong with you people holy shit

Depending on how many people are farming berries, they could end up being cheaper/similar in price on the GTL than they were at the berry merchant. Only time will tell. As long as you're remembering to water your plants every so often, berry farming is something that can easily be done alongside other tasks.

The removal of the merchant sounds shocking, but it's not the end of the world. Berry farming isn't an impossible chore and can end up being a source of profit if you choose to make it so.

So was berry farming the PVE content darkshade was teasing for weeks on end????

rofl u guys never cease to amaze me

I'm quite dissapointed. As someone who would just play pokemon showdown if he wanted to competitively battle the promise of PVE content was the only thing keeping me around.

I harvested around 150 berries today, so I'd say its totaly plausible.

No... lol.

The higher tier berries take so long to grow and is so horribly inefficient that it is in no way possible. Don't even kid yourself. Considering you need to dedicate hours of your life to repeatedly logging on and watering them for the entire day it doesn't seem worth it in anyway and is actually impossible for the majority of the player base most days of the week. 150 berries in saffron would be 150k which takes about 1 hour or less to farm, and this isn't even including the price of harvesting tools. Lets not pretend that people want to dedicate an entire day of their life to being able to log on every hour for 12 hours to water this stupid shit rather than farm for 1 hour.

People just want to hate it seems.

I said it is going down since lums are taking some time to grow give people the time to get them on the market and they will become cheaper.

I am rather worried the people who grow the berries don't have enough space to grow as many as they want. (yes I heard from a few people they want more spots to plant berries)

People just want to hate it seems.

I said it is going down since lums are taking some time to grow give people the time to get them on the market and they will become cheaper.

I am rather worried the people who grow the berries don't have enough space to grow as many as they want. (yes I heard from a few people they want more spots to plant berries)

People are hating because this idea was implemented horrifically and we were given no alternative.

The main problem is how grindy it is not the number of spaces. Increasing additional spaces would only help the 1% of people who have no irl obligations and can log at any hour of the day. I understand that they are saying that they are buffing it and reducing the time taken but given how the staff hate admitting when they are wrong and never listen to the players they will likely reduce the hours from 12 down to 10 and pretend its problem solved when it clearly isn't.

Edited by Rendiz

People are hating because this idea was implemented horrifically and we were given no alternative.

The main problem is how grindy it is not the number of spaces. Increasing additional spaces would only help the 1% of people who have no irl obligations and can log at any hour of the day. I understand that they are saying that they are buffing it and reducing the time taken but given how the staff hate admitting when they are wrong and never listen to the players they will likely reduce the hours from 12 down to 10 and pretend its problem solved when it clearly isn't.

Players aren't expected/supposed to be completely self-sufficient. The people who don't have the time or patience to grow berries can simply purchase them from the ones that do, and those farmers can use their berries as their primary source of income if they choose by supplying players who don't participate in the activity. Current prices are not at all representative of what the standard price will become as the system is still new and first berry crops still growing.

So I tried berry farming for the very first time, I wasn't able to do so without sacrificing sleep due to school and work, I felt like dying after the plant finally fully grew. Never again, and there is something wrong with you if you think this new farming system is fine. I have faith that the developers see how ridiculous it is and hopefully tweak it for human beings. I really don't understand why you're forcing players to stay online for 10+ hours just to get few berries, it's not in any way OK.  I only get at most 3 - 4 hours a day, sometimes I really don't have the time to log in. Remember, we log in to have fun, let's not forget why games were created for. As for the prices, seeing how shitty the grind is, I don't really see how the hell berries would become cheaper lol. They said the same thing about green shards, shit those things are still like 30k each due to how grindy/rare they are to obtain. Don't get me wrong though, this update was amazing, the berry farming system just needs a little tweaking.

The people who don't have the time or patience to grow berries can simply purchase them from the ones that do, and those farmers can use their berries as their primary source of income if they choose by supplying players who don't participate in the activity. Current prices are not at all representative of what the standard price will become as the system is still new and first berry crops still growing.

1 thing is sure, a single berry cost between 1.5k and 3k + the time it takes to grow. so i'm expecting it at least to be 5k each in a long period of time.
5k is a hell of a lot, that means a battle can cost u up to 10-15k. It's not like we're rich y know..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.