Implement a end game hub city

Matoka

Question

What i'm going to suggest is obviously not perfect and if it was to be even considered would probably go under many revisions

Using a custom new area, similar to how you created the North Pole from scratch, you could implement a new city for people who have completed both regions as an end game hub, offering a good area for people to hang out similar to how Vermillion city acts now.

In order to make the city have desired functionality while also preserving the uses of current in game areas the city could contain:

• An NPC who will let you relearn pokémon moves with EITHER a heartscale or mushroom while charging you 100$ extra to encourage using vanilla move relearners
  • A Berry salesman in the pokémart, charging 5% more for all berries
  • A Vitamin salesman with no added cost
  • A Breeding brace / Ability pill salesman with no added cost (but no breeding NPC)
  • A PC terminal outside of the pokécenter in the main plaza

The city could also have a randomly chosen story character from a list, say for instance Rivals + Gym leaders + E4 + Champions that each day will be in the city that you can duel for say 20,000$ with amulet coin?

full team of 6 level 80-ish pokémon which would be fun and probably not too difficult to code?

The town could also serve as an area for future event NPC's like santa from Christmas which was placed in Saffron

I made a fairly *cough* simplistic *cough* attempt at a mock up of what I imagine it could look like:

[spoiler]33w30ba.png[/spoiler]

This suggestion is probably the most questionable one i've made, but I think it would be nice if we had something in this direction.

Thanks for reading~

Edit: OOPS, Typo in the title, i look so silly now :D

Edited by Matoka

11 answers to this question

Of all the suggestions you made, this is the one i like the most.

That being said, its difficult to replace Vermillion as main hub as that city is populated based on the fact that its the bridge between both regions. So unless there is some "unique" attractive in the new city, it will pretty much get lost in the map. And the devs consider cost/benefit when implementing something so there is little chance of this happening. The other major con i see is that making it "post game only" is kind of elitist.

Cons aside, i can only dream of some flashy 4gen+ graphics and sakura/leaves/snow animations that make it possible to drag players just for the aesthetics. Then again, not likely gona happen.

Aspertia_City_Autumn_B2W2.png   tumblr_nhyudmXpbY1turwzjo1_250.gif  etc

Edited by axx

Of all the suggestions you made, this is the one i like the most.

That being said, its difficult to replace Vermillion as main hub as that city is populated based on the fact that its the bridge between both regions. So unless there is some "unique" attractive in the new city, it will pretty much get lost in the map. And the devs consider cost/benefit when implementing something so there is little chance of this happening. The other major con i see is that making it "post game only" is kind of elitist.

Cons aside, i can only dream of some flashy 4gen+ graphics and sakura/leaves/snow animations that make it possible to drag players just for the aesthetics. Then again, not likely gona happen.

Aspertia_City_Autumn_B2W2.png   tumblr_nhyudmXpbY1turwzjo1_250.gif  etc

The only reason i suggested it being end game post both E4 is because it has to be located in a region as far as i'm aware and by making sure you have finished both E4's you could safely assume the player can reach it , again revisions would obviously have to take place.

If the ability to fly between hoenn and kanto was added, the fact that vermillion acts as the bridge between regions would no longer be a thing and then maybe this could replace it.

If the ability to fly between hoenn and kanto was added, the fact that vermillion acts as the bridge between regions would no longer be a thing and then maybe this could replace it.

Id love to fly between regions as much as the next guy, but can only wonder if there is some code restriction that made it impossible to implement the feature in the first place.

Id love to fly between regions as much as the next guy, but can only wonder if there is some code restriction that made it impossible to implement the feature in the first place.

Honestly, I don't understand why they can't make a check where if you attempt to fly from one region to the next if simply does the same thing clicking "YES I WANT TO GO TO HOENN/KANTO" does from the boat NPC's but through the fly menu, It could just do the exact same thing but portable

Not only that, but it's a really good way to make the game look half-dead to any new and upcoming players.

I guess that is one factor, however I feel like the only possible significant change in area player density would be vermillion, I still see people going around on random routes and in caves, Game outside of vermillion seems pretty alive and vermillion is the only area i could even imagine taking a hit popularity wise from something like this

Edited by Pereiraa
Please don't double post.

Not only that, but it's a really good way to make the game look half-dead to any new and upcoming players.

how difficult, graphics related, would it be to get a single town running using the 4th gen (3d) engine?

how difficult, graphics related, would it be to get a single town running using the 4th gen (3d) engine?

It would weird to have all the game with the same graphics (gen 3) and then have a single town/island where the graphics magicly change to the "HD" gen 4 ones. Plus, since the gen 4 is more HD (has more pixels basicly), vanity items and overworld sprites / the pokemon following you would look really really bad. Never mind, I confused the Gen4 with the pics you placed above, we do use Gen 4 overworld sprites.

Matoka: Don't double post please.

It would weird to have all the game with the same graphics (gen 3) and then have a single town/island where the graphics magicly change to the "HD" gen 4 ones. Plus, since the gen 4 is more HD (has more pixels basicly), vanity items and overworld sprites / the pokemon following you would look really really bad.

Its just a question out of curiosity, im well aware of all the limitants to such idea.

Here is what we are all not taking into account, we already have the Battle Frontier. The Battle Frontier is a getaway for all the players who want to have some competitive entertainment. I personally think that the Battle Frontier already serves this function well.