Making the Battle Frontier less Ridiculous

Question

OK, so what I mean by this is the fact that Pokemon above level 50 cannot be set to level 50 for the battle frontier. Meaning: if I leveled up my Golduck to level 51 by accident, I would not be able to do level 50's in the Battle Frontier because it won't set my Golduck down. I for one, think this could use some tweaking. Basically I just think a level 100 Pokemon should be able to be set to level 50 for the level 50's Battle Frontier.

I think this would make the Battle Frontier much more enjoyable because you could use a more variety of Pokemon, plus it is kind of pesky when you accidentally level a Pokemon up to level 51 making you have to train to level 100 to do open level.

Edited by 3106132

5 answers to this question

I don't know how BF worked in Gen 3, but considering the changes to other things from this gen (Hidden Power, for example) I imagine this being "fixed" in an upcoming update. Glad you brought it up though.

This will not be fixed in the coming update. In Gen 3, "Open Level" scaled all enemy Pokemon to match your highest level with a minimum of 60. I don't understand why there isn't a 10-level grace period. If a person overlevels their Pokemon by 10 levels, they obviously hadn't planned to use that Pokemon in the Frontier. However, some Pokemon evolve (Dragonite and Tyranitar) and learn certain moves after level 50. None of these Pokemon have a reason to level past 60.