Ladders in Secret Bases

Bestfriends

Question

68cdd0b465ede8e56a454478f1f85ff2.pngdd3ab6c5658f5f448fffd92fcfacacff.png51996d49295c35b92f2aebf5ea5041e2.png161cb233d788570aaefcbf8f4b73ca96.png68cdd0b465ede8e56a454478f1f85ff2.png

When I slept last night, I had a dream about something I would like to suggest, a ladder. I was thinking about making a second story either above or below the main floor of the base. There can only be 2 stories meaning that there could either be a main floor and a basement or a main floor and a top floor. In my dream, the developers would copy and paste the same design format for the 2nd floor except no entrance since its the second floor in a house doesn't normally have a door in front and a hole for a ladder. I was also thinking of two laptops if there are two stories because each story needs a laptop. The latter can have only one warp zone which would make it easier for the developers to implement this feature. Here are some questions that my dream answered for this latter project:

1. How do you implement the latter feature? 

Answer: You need 30,000 Battle Points in order for the latter to be implemented in your base. (Location to get this feature would be the Battle Frontier Prize Corner)

2. Can you get more than one latter?

Answer: I don't think it would be possible since you can create only one story.

3. Why do you need a second floor?

Answer: I am not saying you need it, but if you want to sport two themes in your base, you can. For example, if you want an icy theme on the main floor and a water theme on the top floor, you can sport that.

4. Will the limits of the secret base be applied to the second floor?

Answer: According to my dream, the limit should be the same as the main floor of your base because there are two different rooms at play. Anotherwards, have two "programmed bases", but the bottom floor or top floor having no entrance.

Please let me know if my dream didn't cover any of your concerns or if it did and you want to add to them. I would like this discussion to be open to both the community and staff of PokeMMO. 

Edited by Bestfriends
Changed tittle.

23 answers to this question

I suppose I should give some actual input.

This idea (like many others you have thought of) is awful.

30k BP is an insane price for a ladder/second floor. BP is already used fo teaching moves and such, so this would further increase the amount of players grinding in the BF. There is no need for a second story in bases, nor is there a huge demand.

The idea or the second floor being a basement or a top floor could cause difficulties programming wise and purchase wise (possibly selling two types of ladders for this idea to work, which goes against the "only one extra story" bit).

Another idea I don't see being added ever.

30k BP is an insane price for a ladder/second floor.

The price would ultimately be up to the devs

BP is already used fo teaching moves and such, so this would further increase the amount of players grinding in the BF. There is no need for a second story in bases, nor is there a huge demand.

Well which one is it? And I think staff would like it if more people needed the Battle Frontier.

The idea or the second floor being a basement or a top floor could cause difficulties programming wise and purchase wise (possibly selling two types of ladders for this idea to work, which goes against the "only one extra story" bit).

I'd wait for a dev to speak on the programming difficulties.

Edited by Champlooo

30k BP is an insane price for a ladder/second floor. BP is already used fo teaching moves and such, so this would further increase the amount of players grinding in the BF. There is no need for a second story in bases, nor is there a huge demand.

Please do not malign my character when your trying to refute my idea (awful is an emotionally charged word [which would make you fail a political science course if you were taking political science]). Now let me comment on your points, the developers can choose what ever amount of Battle Points they would like to charge when they make it available. Here is where your points contradict each other, "further increase players grinding in the BF" and "there is no huge demand." If I don't want to acquire something, why would I take the time to grind for it in the first place? That's like if I am trying to grind for a shiny magneton and I don't care about it in the first place. In my dream, the developers copied and pasted one base on top of the other making their jobs a bit easier. If you put a warp zone like a latter, you can create a second floor which doesn't need an entrance since its the top and bottom floor. In fact, it took little to no effort in my dream just copying and pasting the same design on the top or on the bottom of the other. 

Lastly, I am going to refer to my beginning statement, "please do not malign my character when trying to refute my idea." You're saying that this idea is "another idea I don't see being added ever." In this statement, it is implicit to me that every idea I ever put up failed which is far from the truth. Look in your PokeDex for example, now take a glance at the "Wild Locations" and "Evolution Chains" idea. Who was the person who asked the developers to do this, I'll let the evidence speak for itself: Wild Locations;Evolution Chains. I am not doing this to make myself look good, but I am doing this because you set the tone for a negative response. If you want to disagree with someone, don't attack their character. In this scene, you also create a negative ethos for yourself. Lets be civil about this discussion.

Edited by Bestfriends

Yes, I realize I made myself look like a fool. I'll admit that. (I don't need it to be pointed out)

"copying and pasting" the first floor is simple, yet lazy and doesn't make your base much more unique.

If by some chance a player does desire a ladder to get an extra floor, then they can do the insane amount of grinding needed to obtain said product.

While your ideas to improve the Pokedex were implemented (and actually useful) that doesn't make up for your many other wacky and rejected suggestions. (This one is my favourite so far)

Out of curiosity, I would like to know:

Where would the ladder be sold?

Why such a high price for a ladder?

Why are you dreaming about PokeMMO of all things?

stuff

His other threads have nothing to do with this one. You still haven't given a good reason it shouldn't be considered.

Where would the ladder be sold? Wherever the devs chose.

Why such a high price for a ladder? Maybe he's trying to set it up as something to work towards. And the devs could change the price if they wanted, could just be a placeholder.

His other threads have nothing to do with this one. Relevant to his reply You still haven't given a good reason it shouldn't be considered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where would the ladder be sold? Wherever the devs chose. Not asking you.

Why such a high price for a ladder? Maybe he's trying to set it up as something to work towards. And the devs could change the price if they wanted, could just be a placeholder. Again, not asking you.

Yes, I realize I made myself look like a fool. I'll admit that. (I don't need it to be pointed out)

"copying and pasting" the first floor is simple, yet lazy and doesn't make your base much more unique.

If by some chance a player does desire a ladder to get an extra floor, then they can do the insane amount of grinding needed to obtain said product.

While your ideas to improve the Pokedex were implemented (and actually useful) that doesn't make up for your many other wacky and rejected suggestions. (This one is my favourite so far)

The idea is not awful, I actually think it's a good idea. Take away all the excess info where he lists the price and stuff because all that would be decided by the devs anyway.

You would simply copy the floor of your base because that foundation makes much more sense for your upstairs/downstairs and it's much more simple to do.

Seems like your criticizing in an attacking manner, get off ma boy BF

The idea is not awful, I actually think it's a good idea. I don't see how Take away all the excess info where he lists the price and stuff because all that would be decided by the devs anyway. If the info is excess, why add it to the post?

You would simply copy the floor of your base because that foundation makes much more sense for your upstairs/downstairs and it's much more simple to do. Doubt you can just "copy and paste"

Seems like your criticizing in an attacking manner, get off ma boy BF No

The idea is not awful, I actually think it's a good idea. I don't see how Take away all the excess info where he lists the price and stuff because all that would be decided by the devs anyway. If the info is excess, why add it to the post?

You would simply copy the floor of your base because that foundation makes much more sense for your upstairs/downstairs and it's much more simple to do. Doubt you can just "copy and paste"

Seems like your criticizing in an attacking manner, get off ma boy BF No

People have their own opinions, just because you find something an awful idea, doesn't mean others will.

The excess info isn't needed, but BF does it anyway, probably because he likes to put a lot of effort and thought into his post, what's it to you if he does that or not?

I'm no developer, but I'm pretty sure you can just copy and paste. For example, channels are probably different 'heights'(or w/e term they use), they are copy and pasted pretty much, same thing can happen with bases. This is all theory, I don't know for fact.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by KaynineXL

People have their own opinions, just because you find something an awful idea, doesn't mean others will. I'm aware

The excess info isn't needed, but BF does it anyway, probably because he likes to put a lot of effort and thought into his post, what's it to you if he does that or not? I don't care if he does it, just asking why.

I'm no developer, but I'm pretty sure you can just copy and paste. For example, channels are probably different 'heights'(or w/e term they use), they are copy and pasted pretty much, same thing can happen with bases. This is all theory, I don't know for fact. I don't know for fact either, it's a guessing game at this point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Continuing to malign my character)

I am going to answer all your concerns pertaining to this suggestion.

1. Battle Frontier Prize Area

2. Because this ladder gives the opportunity for a player to have "two bases" in one, so that's why the price is high.

3. I dream about PokeMMO because I try to figure out a way to help PokeMMO grow. Now I don't dream about PokeMMO all the time, this is just one dream that I thought was worth mentioning. The community and staff has been really nice to me so the feelings are mutual.

[spoiler]"Please do not malign my character when your trying to refute my idea."[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

I am going to answer all your concerns pertaining to this suggestion.

1. Battle Frontier Prize Area Good place to put it

2. Because this ladder gives the opportunity for a player to have "two bases" in one, so that's why the price is high. Fair enough

3. I dream about PokeMMO because I try to figure out a way to help PokeMMO grow. Now I don't dream about PokeMMO all the time, this is just one dream that I thought was worth mentioning. The community and staff has been really nice to me so the feelings are mutual.

[spoiler]"Please do not malign my character when your trying to refute my idea." It wasn't all negative[/spoiler]

Not hating this idea as much as I did earlier (for many reasons) Still haven't sold me on the idea, though.

I think this a pretty good idea. I think expanding secret bases is a good move for pokemmo, as the game need more money sinks beyond breeding. I also enjoy being able to craft bases for my team, and a second floor would come useful in many ways. I think a second floor would be useful for teams who will want to run tournaments, as well as a second floor just as a place to chill for a team.

I think this a pretty good idea. I think expanding secret bases is a good move for pokemmo, as the game need more money sinks beyond breeding. I also enjoy being able to craft bases for my team, and a second floor would come useful in many ways. I think a second floor would be useful for teams who will want to run tournaments, as well as a second floor just as a place to chill for a team.

I think its also good for YouTubers like myself who would like to use my base as a studio. I think having a second floor, would be like a "break room" where friends can hang out. When I had this dream, I knew it was worth telling.

Edited by Bestfriends

I think its also good for YouTubers like myself who would like to use my base as a studio. I think having a second floor, would be like a "break room" where friends can hang out. When I had this dream, I knew it was worth telling.

Maybe the Second floor could have a different style.Maybe a studio style(city's appartments style for example),forest style,fire style and a lot others.

And you said we would need to buy something in bf to be able to use this feature.

Maybe it would be nice having it tradeable.Would help a lot BP grinders.

I really like this idea it's great.

This,also show by BF would be a nice ladder used in PokeMMO

Edited by Kouteshi

I dont see any use in this (no uses to secret bases at all actually) UNLESS you put a damn PC on the top floor so we can finally battle in secret bases. dear god what are they waiting to add this!

You can read on that topic the "cons" (excuses) they said against the pc in the bases. -.-

Honestly, I don't understand their point: it would be great!

Edited by ReDellaStrada47
On 14/04/2016 at 1:44 PM, ReDellaStrada47 said:

I dont see any use in this (no uses to secret bases at all actually) UNLESS you put a damn PC on the top floor so we can finally battle in secret bases. dear god what are they waiting to add this!

You can read on that topic the "cons" (excuses) they said against the pc in the bases. -.-

Honestly, I don't understand their point: it would be great!

Sorry for the late response, but its better late than never. I advocated for a way to do that....

It would require a fee, but it won't let people do what I call "PC hopping."