Professor Oak's Colossal Prank (Friday 1st April)

Noad

orv2XYw.png

[font='courier new']"Darn it, those pesky kids!" Professor Oak exclaimed trying to pick himself up from a heap on the floor. A few metres away a battered and well used skateboard came to a halt, upside down with the wheels still spinning. Oak brushed himself down and straightened his lab coat, trying to ignore the muffled laughter from the bushes. "I'm a very busy man, I dont have time for this", he mumbled just loud enough for them to hear.

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font='courier new']"Calm down Gramps, it was just a silly prank", Daisy Oak called out of her open window, instantly regretting it when she saw her Grandfather's angry face snap up to meet her gaze. "A prank?" Oak blurted out angrily, "Do you think I spent 8 years of my life in Hoenn studying the life cycle of Wurmple larvae to be subjected to childish pranks?! I'm a professor not a clown."[/font]

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font='courier new']By now the Pallet Town children had mustered the courage to come out from their hiding place. "Sorry Professor," one muttered solemnly, "It was meant to be an April Fool's Day joke, we forgot how much you hate jokes." Oak frowned, "But I dont hate jo... never mind" he cut himself off, "Run along now and stay out of my way."[/font]

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font='courier new']Once the kids were safely out of sight the professor trudged into his lab and slumped down on the chair. "How can I convince the people of Pallet Town that I'm not just a grumpy old Professor and that I like jokes too?" he pondered aloud. Then, out of no where the idea came hurtling into his mind. "AHA! I'll show them that I am the king of jokes! I will make the biggest April Fool's day prank that Kanto has ever seen."[/font]

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font='courier new']Hurriedly he scribbled out a sign and stuck it to the front door of his lab, it read:[/font]

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font='courier new'] Prof. Oak will be giving away starter Pokemon to aspiring young trainers from 4pm TODAY![/font]

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font='courier new']Chuckling to himself he picked up his bag and walked towards Route 1 to start preparing for his Colossal Prank. [/font]

[/font]

[font=helvetica]

pokeball.gif.eJwNyFEOgyAMANC7cAAoCNN5GUOwKTq1hNavZXepokeball.gif

[/font]
[font=helvetica]
Explanation[/font]
[font=helvetica]
Professor Oak is looking for some assistance in putting together his colossal prank. This year he plans to give out useless Pokemon as starters for the eager trainers waiting to start their Pokemon journey. He has hastily put together a list of what he feels are the most useless Pokemon in Kanto and needs help catching enough to hand out to the unsuspecting trainers. Prizes will be awarded to players who submit entries with the lowest scores. How entries will be scored is outlined below. The list of eligible Pokemon for this event are: Rattata, Metapod, Zubat, Paras, Tentacool and Goldeen.[/font]

[font=helvetica]
Scoring[/font]
[font=helvetica]
The aim of this event is to submit a Pokemon with the lowest score possible. Scores will be awarded for the following:[/font]
[font=helvetica]
Species [/font]
[font=helvetica]
072.gifTentacool: 5[/font]
[font=helvetica]
046.gifParas: 5[/font]
[font=helvetica]
019.gifRattata: 3[/font]
[font=helvetica]
041.gifZubat: 3[/font]
[font=helvetica]
118.gifGoldeen: 2[/font]
[font=helvetica]
011.gifMetapod: 1[/font]

[font=helvetica]
Nature Bonus[/font]
[font=helvetica]
If you submit an entry that has a neutral nature 3 points will be deducted from your final score. Neutral natures are; Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful and Quirky. [/font]

[font=helvetica]
IVs[/font]
[font=helvetica]
The total sum of IVs will be added to the score. The lower the IVs, the lower your final score![/font]

[font=helvetica]
Date & Time[/font]
[font=helvetica]
Date: Friday 1st April[/font]
[font=helvetica]
Time: 10pm BST - Time Conversion[/font]

[font=helvetica]

1st Place Prize:

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

Your winning entry turned into a GIFT shiny

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

[font=helvetica]AND[/font]

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1000 Reward Points

[/font]

[font=helvetica]

2nd Place Prize:

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

[/font]

[font=helvetica]

3rd Place Prize:

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

300,000 Pokeyen OR 300 Reward Points

[/font]

[font=helvetica]

4th Place Prize:

[/font]
[font=helvetica]

200,000 Pokeyen OR 200 Reward Points

[/font][font=helvetica]
Rules[/font]
  • [font=helvetica]To win this event you need to submit an entry that scores the lowest. [/font]
  • [font=helvetica]All Pokemon must have been caught within the event time. You will have one hour to catch your entry.[/font]
  • [font=helvetica]Evolved forms of the listed Pokemon will not be accepted as a valid entry.[/font]
  • [font=helvetica]Pokemon must be the player's OT.[/font]
  • [font=helvetica]Pokemon must be caught in the Kanto region. [/font]
  • [font=helvetica]You can only submit one Entry.[/font]
  • [font=helvetica]You must link your entry to any staff member in Professor Oak's Lab Channel 7 via whisper to submit your entry.[/font]
  • [font=helvetica]In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined through earliest catch time.[/font]
[font=helvetica]
[font=helvetica]Professor Oak's PA: Noad[/font][/font]
[font=helvetica]
Professor Oak's Aides: Pereiraa RipHenk[/font]

Translations

French / Françias

Contributed by CaptainGrey

[spoiler]

Explications

Le Professeur Chen est à la recherche d'aide et d'assistance en vous faisant partager tous ensemble sa grosse blague. Cette année il a prévu de donner des pokemons inutiles comme starter aux dresseurs souhaitant commencer leurs nouvelles aventures dans Pokemon. Il a rapidement établit une liste de ce qu'il considère comme étant les pokemons les plus inutiles de Kanto et il a besoin d'aide pour en attraper assez et être capable de les donner aux dresseurs sans méfiance. Les Prix seront donnés aux dresseurs qui auront attrapés les pokemons avec le score le plus bas possible. Les entrées seront évaluées selon plusieurs critères . La liste des pokemons éligibles pour cet évènement sont : RattataChrysacierNosferptiParasTentacool et Poissirène.

Score

Le but de cet événement est de soumettre un pokemon avec le score le plus bas possible. Les scores vont être calculés comme ci dessous:

Espèces

072.gifTentacool: 5

046.gifParas: 5

019.gifRattata: 3

041.gifNosferapti: 3

118.gifPoissirene: 2

011.gifChrisacier: 1

Bonus de Nature

Si vous soumettez une entrée avec une nature neutre, 3 points seront déduits de votre score final. Les natures neutres sont: Hardi (Hardy), Docile (Docile), Sérieux (Serious), Pudique (Bashful), et Bizarre (Quircky). 

IVs

La somme totale des IVs sera ajoutée au score. Plus bas seront vos IVs,, Plus bas sera votre score final !!

1ere Place :

Votre pokémon gagnant transformé en shiny (Intransférable)

ET

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1000 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize:

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

3rd Place Prize:

300,000 Pokeyen OR 300 Reward Points

4th Place Prize:

200,000 Pokeyen OR 200 Reward Points

Rules

•  
  • Pour Gagner, vous devrez soumettre le score le plus bas.
  • Tous les pocherons devront être attrapés durant le temps de l'événement. Vous aurez une heure pour attraper votre entrée.
  • Les pokemons de la liste qui sont évolués ne seront pas acceptés comme valable.
  • Le pokemon DOIT ÊTRE votre OT 
  • Le pokemon doit être attrapé dans la région e Kanto.
  • Vous pouvez seulement soumettre une entrée (un seul pokemon sera jugé).
  • Vous devrez link (montrer) votre pokemon (entrée) à un membre du staff présent dans le laboratoire du professeur Chen, Canal 7 par whisper (chuchoter) pour soumettre votre entrée.
  • Dans le cas d'une égalité, le pokemon qui aura était attrapé en premier sera vainqueur.

[/spoiler]

Spanish/Español

Contributed by Zehkar

[spoiler]

Explicacion

El Profesor Oak esta buscando ayuda para crear una broma colossal. Este año, el quiero dar Pokemons que no sirven para nada a los entrenadores que estan ansiosos para comenzar sus aventuras de Pokemon.El ha creado una lista de los Pokemons que el piensa que son los mas inutiles en Kanto y necesita ayuda para capturar suficientes Pokemons para darles a los nuevos entrenadores. Los premios seran dados a los que tienen las puntaciones mas bajas. La manera en la que los puntos seran contados esta explicado abajo. La lista de los Pokemons eligibles para este evento son: Rattata, Metapod, Zubat, Paras, Tentacool and Goldeen.

Puntuacion

La meta de este evento es de mostrar que haz capturado un Pokemon con la puntuacion mas baja posible. La puntuacion sera dada por lo siguiente:

Especies

072.gifTentacruel: 5

046.gifParas: 5

019.gifRattata: 3

041.gifZubat: 3

118.gifGoldeen: 2

011.gifMetapod: 1

Bonus de Naturaleza

Si muestras un Pokemon que tiene una naturaleza neutral (que ni da ni quita estadisticas), 3 puntos seran deductados de tu puntuacion final. Las naturalezas neutrales son:

Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful and Quirky (Activa, Dócil, Seria, Tímida, Rara)

IVs

La suma total de los Ivs seran agregadas a la puntuacion final. Entre mas bajos sean los Ivs, mejor sera tu puntuacion final!

Fecha & Hora

Fecha: Viernas Abril 1o

Hora: 10pm GMT - Time Conversion

Premio 1er lugar:

El Pokemon que entregues sera convertido en un shiny REGALO (no se puede intercambiar)

Y

1,000,000 Pokeyen 1000 Puntos de Premio

Premio 2do lugar:

500,000 Pokeyen 500 Puntos de Premio

Premio 3er lugar:

300,000 Pokeyen 300 Puntos de Premio

Premio 4to lugar:

200,000 Pokeyen 200 Puntos de Premio

Rules

• Para ganar este evento, necesitas mostrar una entrada que tiene la puntacion la mas baja.
  • Todo los Pokemon deben ser capturados DESPUES que empieze el evento. Tendran une hora para capturar sus entradas.
  • Las evoluciones de los Pokemons en la lista no seran aceptados como una entrada valida.
  • El Pokemon debe tener el OT (EO) del jugador.
  • El Pokemon debe ser capturado dentro de la region de Kanto.
  • Solo puedes entregar una entrada.
  • You must link your entry to any staff member in Professor Oak's Lab Channel 7 via whisper to submit your entry. Debes linkear tu Pokemon a cualquier miembro de Staff que este en el laboratorio del Profesor Oak Canal 7 por susurro(whisper) para entregar tu entrada.
  • In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined through earliest catch time. En caso que haya un empate, el ganador sera determinado por el tiempo de captura mas temprano.

[/spoiler]

Portuguese/Português

Contributed by Pereiraa

[spoiler]

Explicação

O Professor Oak está à procura de ajuda para montar a sua partida colossal. Este ano ele planeou dar pokemons maus como "starters" a treinadores que estão à espera de um pokemon para a sua jornada. Ele montou uma lista dos piores pokemons em Kanto e precisa de ajuda a capturá-los para ter suficientes para dar a todos os novos treinadores.  Prémios serão oferecidos aos jogadores que submeter os piores pokemons. Como as submissões serão classificadas está abaixo. A lista de pokemons elegíveis para o evento são: Rattata, Metapod, Zubat, Paras, Tentacool e Goldeen.

Pontuação

O objetivo é submeter o pokemon com a pior pontuação possível. Pontuação é dada da seguinte maneira: 

Espécies

Tentacruel: 5

Paras: 5

Rattata: 3

Zubat: 3

Goldeen: 2

Metapod: 1

Bónus de Natureza

Se submeter um pokemon que tenha uma natureza neutra 3 pontos serão deduzidos (o que é bom) da sua pontuação. As naturezas neutras são: Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful and Quirky. 

IVs

O total da soma de todos os IVs será adicionada à pontuação. Quanto mais baixos os IVs, melhor

Data & Hora

Data: Sexta-Feira 1 de Abril

Hora: 10pm GMT - Time Conversion

Prémio de 1º Lugar:

A sua submissão transformada num GIFT shiny

E

1,000,000 Pokeyen OU 1000 Reward Points

Prémio de 2º Lugar:

500,000 Pokeyen OU 500 Reward Points

Prémio de 3º Lugar:

300,000 Pokeyen OU 300 Reward Points

Prémio de 4º Lugar:

200,000 Pokeyen OU 200 Reward Points

Regras:

• Para ganhar este evento tem de submeter o pokemon com a pontuação mais baixa.
  • Todos os pokemons devem ter sido capturados durante a duração do evento. Terá uma hora para capturar o pior pokemon.
  • Formas evoluídas dos pokemons listados não serão aceitados como válidos. 
  • O Pokemon deve ser OT do jogador. 
  • Pokemon tem de ser capturado na região de Kanto. 
  • Apenas pode submeter um pokemon. 
  • Para submeter o seu pokemon deve mandar um whisper a um dos membros da staff que estará dentro do Laboratório do Professor Oak Canal 7, fazendo link do seu pokemon no whisper.
  • Na ocasião de um empate, o vencedor será aquele que tiver capturado o pokemon mais cedo. 

[/spoiler]

German translation inc

I mean I would but I'm the only one who reads it, right? xD

I have actually noticed that we have had quite an influx of German players lately, I see them in the chat a lot. I was wondering if perhaps a German youtuber had mentioned PokeMMO. 

I have actually noticed that we have had quite an influx of German players lately, I see them in the chat a lot. I was wondering if perhaps a German youtuber had mentioned PokeMMO. 

I mean if Staff or specifically the hosts of these officials want to translate their posts (or have them translated) I would be glad to translate it to german if it helps other players. (that is if the host agrees to it)

EDIT: Seems like there is quite the popularity for pokemmo atleast there seem to be alot of gameplay video in the timeframe of ~1month

Edited by Kurodashi

I mean if Staff or specifically the hosts of these officials want to translate their posts (or have them translated) I would be glad to translate it to german if it helps other players. (that is if the host agrees to it)

EDIT: Seems like there is quite the popularity for pokemmo atleast there seem to be alot of gameplay video in the timeframe of ~1month

That is very kind of you ^_^ I will be sure to let the others know. Thanks a lot, Kurodashi and I hope your weekend is going well!

I have a question, if i catch a Caterpie and i evolve it into Metapod, It is valid?

• Evolved forms of the listed Pokemon will not be accepted as a valid entry.

If you read carefully the rules you'll find your anwser :P .

If you read carefully the rules you'll find your anwser :P .

Sorry but i don't speak english, the spanish translation is not good enough to understand because when i read it i understand this:

If you evolve Metapod into Butterfree then you will get a non valid entry, but if that is correct then Caterpie to Metapod is valid.

But well, now i see it's not valid. Another question then:

Only 1 pokemon or 1 of each?

Sorry but i don't speak english, the spanish translation is not good enough to understand because when i read it i understand this:

If you evolve Metapod into Butterfree then you will get a non valid entry, but if that is correct then Caterpie to Metapod is valid.

But well, now i see it's not valid. Another question then:

Only 1 pokemon or 1 of each?

The Pokemon must have no EXP or EV gained, so it must be an untouched Metapod. Evolving a Caterpie to a Metapod will not be accepted as a valid entry. You must only submit one Pokemon for entry.