Change Tail Glow to +3 Sp.Att instead of +2 Sp.Att

Matoka

Question

Like in the newer games, it is a move only available to 2 pokemon (Smeargle and Volbeat) and it would be nice to have available, it might even give people a reason to use volbeat, it doesn't seem at all harmful since baton pass is banned and its a really small change, pretty please? I like using quirky underpowered pokes and it would make volbeat kinda fun to try to use.

13 answers to this question

what exactly does the move do? also would be confusing when people ask what gen does the moves follow, "we got gen 6 learnset with gen 3 moves.........oh and then (move name)". people might be asking more than anything else

as the title implies, tail glow raises SpA

and that is already the case, we have a salad of mechanics just because

There's no such mechanic as "drastically raising" stats in Generation 3. Thought that might be sort of an issue.

I don't think it's a very hard thing to code, maybe im wrong? and there are differences between some moves between their gen 3 and gen 4+ counterparts, I think this would be a fair one to have changed since it's so niche and the pokemon is essentially unusable (I'm trying my best to use it) without something like that for it. No one would be complaining about Volbeat running rampant in the meta and it will eventually be changed anyway

wut. Ok i beat it illumise has no tail xD, however since they are practically identical does not change the meaning of what I said.

They are not identical. They are different species. Volbeat has higher physical attack while Illumise has higher special attack.

They are not identical. They are different species. Volbeat has higher physical attack while Illumise has higher special attack.

Ok I get that they are different. I was just saying that Changing tail glow would make Volbeat more viaable, and in my opinon they are pretty similar due to them being companion pokemon.