Vermilion City Makeover Dedicated to PvP (With DETAILED images!)

Imperial

Question

So, I was hanging around Vermilion CH1 and suddenly had a brainfart.

Currently we have a deserted section of land on the right hand side where the old dude and machop hang around. Although it's based on the handheld games, it's technically useless and a waste of space in the city.

Therefore, here is my suggestion - With the upcoming PvP update coming in the new PTS, what if we implement a building for PvP/Events where the land was? If there's lots of support on this, I'll find a way to develop my idea further. I have a feeling it may work as I've played a similar MMO (can't name obviously) where something similar was implemented and it was a success.

Update - To extend my idea further, this building could also be used as a Hall of Fame for official winners? I mean, how else are we able to acknowledge DoubleJ's shiny eevee won recently?! A layout could be similar to the museums in Slateport / Lilycove City.

Update 2 - I apologise for the poor quality image / mod I have installed - but here's a rough idea on what I mean:
(if someone can design better I'd appreciate it)

OUTSIDE
359mf4p.png

After

166f149.png

Description -

Once again I apologise for the mod, so obviously it will look completely different , but I wanted to add the hall of fame building just inside, with the main PvP building inserted instead of the Machop dude. Statues and a fountain could look nice near it as well. (A more multi-friendly and accessible version to the Battle Frontier could be a thought too!)

Description - 

A large scaled up version of the image.

INSIDE (PvP Base / Battle Arena)

ycths.png

t0n3g2.png

Description -

Cons: How will we be able to make sure we won PvP battles and Official Events smoothly?

Answer: PvP Battles will take place on Channel 1, as usual. The difference and motivation compared to battling outside as current is to offer prizes assuming there is a reasonable limit following up with it.

Official Events can be held on CH7 here instead of Silph Co / Lilycove , it is much more easier to travel too as well.

INSIDE (Hall of fame)

34nllwk.png

Description -

Based on who has entered the Official Events , awards and people could be categorized based on their respected team. For example, in this screenshot we have the [LYLE] Members. Their achievements can be recognized through individual and team effort, which could promote new members into trying to join the team.

Cons - What if the person leaves the team?

Answer - That would be a very reasonable point. It all depends really, there's not much of a solution to that, although I can say that their individual effort was contributed to the team at present time so there wouldn't be much necessity removing it. To be honest, I'm not sure though. (Suggestions would be appreciated!)

2dj2gck.png

Description -

Once clicking the individual, the list of achievements will appear in a wider popped up screen. This would be updated as soon as an Official Event is over, and will only be acknowledged as a top 3 participant for the event.

In the smaller screenshot, is a view on what the whole building could appear like inside. As for the soundtrack, I have no care about that, let the devs choose ;P

I hope the Community agrees with this! (C'mon, it's a great idea) :rolleyes:
-Hoping to encounter another brainfart-

Edited by Imperial

14 answers to this question

Your location suggestion is best in my opinion, but I am keeping an open mind. I never went in the test server so unfortunately I can't give opinions really. I'll most likely try it next time so I can know more.

Oh , this idea is just for general , I think this would be the most useful thing to replace that useless patch of land.

Update - I've added 2 poorly quality images to betterly explain my suggestion!

A PVP Hall of Fame would actually be really awesome to immortilize those who have wins in these qualifier finales (Aringo, Frags, and I thus far). It would be an opportunity for new players to be acquainted with past players or the top players in the game.

Yeah exactly , it'll be a great way to acknowlege the old community! I was checking forums today and didn't realise over 3 more people had been banned lel.

---

I will be trying to work on the inside layout tomorrow guys , looking forward to further feedback !

[hr]
UPDATE
I have added another poorly designed images to give an idea this time on the INSIDE OF THE BUILDING!

More images coming soon! (If needed) Edited by Pereiraa
Please don't double post.

it would be nice if the hall of fame contained videos of the final matches so new players could learn some competitive battling. Preferably sped up so its not 1min per turn.

That's quite feasible as the new update will be adding the feature to replay battles.

This guy making me look like Bowser. I cry. 

EDIT: Appreciate the love though, but need that sexy purple helm. 

EDIT2: Lol just noticed TheBloo and KingBowser

DoubleJ: Purple bottom frame with red eyeshield

KingBowser: Red bottom frame with red eyeshield

TheBloo: Blue bottom frame with black eyeshield

EDIT3: get off my post staff

Edited by DoubleJ
Stay on topic

This guy making me look like Bowser. I cry. 

EDIT: Appreciate the love though, but need that sexy purple helm. 

EDIT2: Lol just noticed TheBloo and KingBowser

DoubleJ: Purple bottom frame with red eyeshield

KingBowser: Red bottom frame with red eyeshield

TheBloo: Blue bottom frame with black eyeshield

EDIT3: get off my post staff

Ha, yeah I wasn't thinking of that at the time, I apologize lel.

Gimme around 24 hours I'll get that sorted , still gonna try add some more relevant screenshots if I can. x)

Pleaseee devs consider this idea!

Edited by Imperial

I have made the following updates to my suggestion:

• I have replaced the crappy images I made before and implemented a much clearer vision of what would be ideal for the comp community.
  • Added a room vision layout for inside the PvP Arena.
  • Detailed descriptions for the outside and inside makeovers included.

I am aware that some of these are gen 4 graphics, however these can be edited into gen 3 format if needed. I am also aware that some of my suggestions in the screenshot may be unrealistic to implement.

e.g. Live announcements inside the PvP Arena when each player has won an official / unofficial.

Or

Implementing a mini-game center for players to compete in.

I also have a negative feeling that the comp specialized Pokemon Mart won't be implemented ever so the grind keeps going, but we could possibly just limit the amount of comp items on offer? This is to reduce the grind, even though we just keep getting added more grind each update.

P.S. DoubleJ I'll try and edit the LYLE Helmets in the screenshot soon. >.>

It took me over 2 hours to edit these new screenshot guys so please don't h8.

---

Feedback is appreciated! =D

Edited by Imperial