"Give up button"

Laz

Question

18 answers to this question

what we really need is a cancel move button like in showdown

seriously... just... what

What have these two things have to do with each other at all? It's not like the devs have said "So we are either implementing a forfeit option or cancel move but not both!!"

Not only does it feel pointless for you to wait 3 minutes for nothing it's impolite for the other (winning) player for having to wait that 3 minutes for nothing. Usually it just leads to pointless sacking of Pokemon to end the match quickly while the other is still playing it safe to win the match and it just causes annoyance for everyone.

Edited by XelaKebert
Fixed quote

Not that relevant now since we can relog without closing the client, but I still support this

Relogging won't end your match, the timer keeps going down, but if you return before the timer is over the battle will resume.

Actually unsure why this thread had any negative responses at all.

Showdown battles can also be ended by closing out of the battle window (though they run in the background til the timer runs out) and they still use a forfeit button.

It's a courteous way of ending a battle you no longer wish to participate in without wasting either your own or your opponents time - this has absolutely no downsides and is a time save for everyone.

I mean I get it - it's not as necessary as it used to be, but it's still beneficial to those involved.

I have wanted a forfeit button. There are many cases when you know you just don't have much of a chance. I have ended up posting a message that I forfeit if I dont want to play then I use the 3 minutes to go use the restroom or get a drink. Support.

Cancel move is off topic but would be supported by me as well. I think the reason is obvious for all of us on that: you click a move the. Afterwords you forget about something or whatever and want to go back and change it. I guess it helps with missed clicks too.

Relogging won't end your match, the timer keeps going down, but if you return before the timer is over the battle will resume.

Pretty sure that when you log in again it asks if you want to log back into your existing session or terminate it and start a new one

thought about it, and kinda want it anyway. BUT i dont want a button i can accidentaly push, no matter what. How about making it a command?

Commands are pretty bad design for a working feature and might as well not exist as far as the wider population is concerned.

An 'Are you sure?' prompt would likely solve accidental pushes, alongside having it be placed in a different area of the screen than the other in-battle buttons (possibly).

Sportsmanship? Common decency ?

While I do agree with this, I've had matches where my opponent was just rude and didn't deserve any sort of decency. There will always be people that either lack sportsmanship or just don't care about it. The winning player should not have to suffer because our opponent is bad.

Sportsmanship? Common decency ?

Lol who needs honor in pokemon, havs please.

If you know a battle is lost and you know you can't turn it around, forfeiting should definitely be an option. The way it is now, someone could just DC and you have to wait for them to timeout, this would just speed up the process.

m1GyKWg.png

another proof we need this implemented, this guy let the timer run out after I killed one of his pokes. 

Maybe he was a butthurt who probably wouldn't have pushed the give up button, but yeah in most cases it would speed up the process 

Edited by BlackJovi