Repeatable catching sidequests

Kouteshi

Question

So i posted one thread about the pokemon racing in another thread

I'l post my second idea on this thread.

In Pokemon Platinum if i remember correctly there was a npc that would ask for a pokemon hunt.And in the end he would give you a reward if you completed the request in the asked time.

Why not bring this to PokeMMO?

Players could hunt rare Pokemons (or with the asked ivs/nature/etc) and we would get some awesome prizes like 500 k and 500 rp.

And the rarer the pokemon is the bigger the reward!

Discuss

Edited by Eggplant
Modified title for clarity

12 answers to this question

Mh, i think the Staff needs/want to slow down the progress. Catching a Pokemon and getting 500k for it seems like it wouldnt slow down the Progress. With much less on a daily base like ev-seeker would be okay.

Whatever i think there are more important points then this.

Mh, i think the Staff needs/want to slow down the progress. Catching a Pokemon and getting 500k for it seems like it wouldnt slow down the Progress. With much less on a daily base like ev-seeker would be okay.

Whatever i think there are more important points then this.

500k and RP seems excessive as a reward. I'd be ok with 50k and no RP. But that is just me.

Maybe a pokemon that shows up ramdomly and you have to search for it in some place?

Maybe a "Extra Island" or some forest where you could search for that special pokemon.

Maybe a bigger cooldown?

Edited by Kouteshi

Maybe a pokemon that shows up ramdomly and you have to search for it in some place?

Maybe a "Extra Island" or some forest where you could search for that special pokemon.

Maybe a bigger cooldown?

500k is a lot of money to let people have from something you can do daily and why would they give players free RP daily? You have to think about why kind of impact the reward will have on the economy. 

500k is a lot of money to let people have from something you can do daily and why would they give players free RP daily? You have to think about why kind of impact the reward will have on the economy. 

Yeah your right about that.Maybe shards/braces/everstones?

The side-quest was indeed in D/P/PL as a daily quest done thanks to the internal clock of the NDS.

Your idea is similar, but with a different prize in mind (money) while the D/P/PL rewarded you with a special type of Pokeball. I still support this, because extra cash/stones/braces would be great to get daily for sure, rather than praying RNG gives you a certain pickup item, or paying high-dollar for breeding items.

Regarding to random Pokemon selection, have it be any obtainable 'mon and you go catch it wherever it normally appears, instead of an extra area.

Only problem is that PokeMMO handles days differently from the handhelds (multiple in-game days in one irl day)

Problem is if these quests were a thing there wouldn't be any tradeable reward since you can abuse it with alts so I guess in the end it wouldn't be with money rewards.

Actually you can do island run with a lot of alts, so that's already a problem.

I think that instead of money as reward, it could be something like a house where with many NPC's with different kind of quest depending on week's day, so they give you a new currency that you can exchange in that same house for new items (4th gen items i guess(?) (please)) or......Just BP, sounds ironic, but maybe there are people who are not comp and are looking for bp items.

Only problem is that PokeMMO handles days differently from the handhelds (multiple in-game days in one irl day)

The fact that 4 days pass in game is really not that much of an issue. There are ways to make it so each quest starts on different real world days. Really the big issue with any sort of reward system is being able to prevent abuse on alt accounts.

The fact that 4 days pass in game is really not that much of an issue. There are ways to make it so each quest starts on different real world days. Really the big issue with any sort of reward system is being able to prevent abuse on alt accounts.

A possible solution could be having all rewards for the side-quest be untradable. (Which is unlikely)

Making the rewards not be very valuable is another option, but players will likely not want to do the quest if the prize was something that could be bought from a nearby Pokemart (A Great Ball or Full Heal, for example) or an item with little to no use. Maybe berries could be a reward? (Leppa Berry x 3, Salac Berry x 5, etc.)

Edited by notmudkip0