Fidelity card

lilyek

Question

I thought of a daily reward system, reseted every 1st of the month as it can be seen in many MMOs especially on smartphone.

Example : [spoiler]l5eizE5.png[/spoiler]

It's simple, every day when a player connects to the game, a box of the "calendar" is checked to signal its presence, a second is checked if it also connects the next day etc.

However, it would surely set up a system where a player must be connected at least one hour on the game to prevent some of those who login only for rewards.

For rewards, this will possibly be, money, BP, items, etc.

Example :
- Day 1: $ 10,000.
- Day 2: 1,000 BP .
- Day 3 : 1x Silk Scarf .
- Day 8: $ 20,000.
- Day 9: 2,000 BP .
- Last day of month : 250 RP.

In this way, the loyal players of the game are rewarded.

13 answers to this question

The idea in itself is good imo but I think this daily reward system was suggested a few times before and was denied 'cause you can make alot of accounts and just log in to get your reward.

I guess you could make it so you have to stay online for a certain time a day to get your reward but not everybody can afford staying online long times.

Edited by Kurodashi

minimum of mandatory tasks

Sounds like a system which coud be used for daylies with the reward getting better everytime you do the quest (which sounds actually not that bad of a system it doesn't need to be 3 hour grind quests) otherwise I don't see this becomming a thing.

Well you would still need to do the quests and for that your character would need to have played through story.

In case of doubt you could make it so that you would have to complet both regions for daylies to be available.

I don't think you want to make people do daylies when they just got their treeko or w/e they choose.

But I guess this is the wrong thread to post suggestions on "how to make daylies not exploitable".

Edited by Kurodashi

The idea in itself is good imo but I think this daily reward system was suggested a few times before and was denied 'cause you can make alot of accounts and just log in to get your reward.

I guess you could make it so you have to stay online for a certain time a day to get your reward but not everybody can afford staying online long times.

Then give us non-transferable rewards such as small amounts of RP or BP, rare candies, exclusive vanity items, etc...

And for God's sake, "alot" is not a word. It's two words. Even spellcheck flags it as wrong.

The alt exploit is easy to fix, just have to first like 10 days(in a row) be "Dead" rewards. Like 1000 coins on 1st day, the like 5,000 on 5th day and on the 15th or so making to worth it, like 20,000 coins.

Maybe the 30(in a row) could be the "ultimate" reward! A whole month straight of logging on.  This could stop the alt "farming" the rewards.

The only way something like this can work is if the rewards are completely impossible to transfer to another character or the feature would provide too much benefit to alts.

Things that won't work:

[spoiler]Giving EVs/experience/moves/etc to any Pokemon won't work as you can trade Pokemon between alts to make the most of them.

Giving IV bonuses and nature changes to gift Pokemon will not work as it drastically lowers the value of their tradeable counterparts.

Turning a Pokemon shiny will not work as it will massively degrade the value of shinies as a whole and flood the game with them.

Giving BP, RP, or coins will not work as you can spend them on things for your main account.

Requiring a set amount of online time to claim a transferable reward will not work as taking a step every 15 minutes on a second computer isn't hard. It also defeats the purpose of the feature if it's too long.

Locking transferable rewards behind a month of daily logins will not work as it would take only a few minutes to access alts each day to multiply it. If the reward isn't big enough, it won't entice people to log in after quitting.

Requiring completion of a percentage of the storyline or an hour count for a transferable reward will not work as people often play through their alts for story rewards.

Gift Pokemon with usable stats or moves will not work as it would drastically lower the value of that species.

Non-tradeable, non-sellable, high-value items that cannot provide tradeable benefit will not work for the same reason as gift Pokemon.

Non-tradeable, non-sellable items that can produce tradeable benefits (ie Everstones) will not work as they will be essentially transferable after use.

Non-tradeable, non-sellable TMs that can only be used on OT Pokemon will not work as you can simply breed the Pokemon on the alt if it has a TM you want on the finished comp.

Non-tradeable new vanity items that cannot be obtained through other methods wouldn't harm the economy, but is not at all feasible. [/spoiler]

That leaves pretty much only the following;

[spoiler]Non-tradeable, non-sellable, low-value items that cannot provide significant tradeable benefit, ie Potions. This wouldn't be enticing enough to log in for after quitting.

Exp/EVs/moves/etc for existing gift Pokemon, which is useless for endgame players. This wouldn't be enticing enough to log in for after quitting.

Happiness gains for existing Pokemon, which will already exist in the form of Daisy next update thus being somewhat redundant. This wouldn't be enticing enough to log in for after quitting. [/spoiler]

Unless there's something I'm missing, I'm convinced that the overall game design doesn't allow for worthwhile daily rewards that aren't abusable by alts.

I think DS hits the nail on the head as far as tradeable content goes - people will just alt the shit out of this. Not to mention that if all you have to do is log in, many players will do that and nothing else - daily free shit doesn't promote actively participating in the game.