In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

Re-updated. I believe the values given are not static now, and they change slightly each fight.

With Amulet coin & no Payday

Isle 5
1st PKMN Breeder Alize - $3024 -> $3717 -> $2638
2nd Painter Rayna - $1,8k -> $2160 -> $1507
3rd Lady Jacki - 6k -> $7,2k -> $7,8k
4th Lady Gillian - $5880 -> $7,2k -> $7,8k
5th Painter Celina - $1.8k -> $2124 -> $1560
6th Painter Daisy - $1.8k -> $2088 -> $1560
7th Youngster Destin - $1728 -> $2124 -> $1560
8th Birdkeeper Milo - $2646 -> $3132 -> $2,3k
9th Birdkeeper Chaz - $2646 -> $2970 -> $2338
10th Birdkeeper Harold - $2646 -> $3240 -> $2143
= $29,970 -> $35,955 -> $31,206

Isle 6
1st Juggler Edward - $4320 -> $5,4k -> $3770
2nd Hiker Earl - $3969 -> $4860 -> $3451
3rd Hiker Daryl - $4050 -> $4536 -> $3510
4th PokeManiac Hector - $5292 -> $6480 -> $4678
5th Ruin Maniac Stanly - $5184 -> $6372 -> $4678
6th Ruin Maniac Foster - $5400 -> $6480 -> $4601
7th Ruin Maniac Larry - $5292 -> $6480 -> $4678
= $33,507 -> $40,608 -> $29,366

Isle 7
1st Psychic Rodette - $2250 -> $2,7k -> $1885
2nd Psychic Dario - $2340 -> $2,7k -> $1950
3rd Aroma lady Miah - 3150 -> $3717 -> $2730
4th Juggler Mason - $4230 -> $5,4k -> $3835
5th PKMN Ranger Nicolas - $4131 -> $4860 -> $3275
6th PKMN Ranger Madeline - $4131 -> $4617 -> $3392
7th First Doubles Battle - $3150 -> $3780 -> $2365
8th Second Doubles Battle - $2808 -> $3240 -> $2338
9th Timer Evan - 4410 -> $5310 -> $3,9k
10th PKMN Ranger Jackson - $3969 -> $4860 -> $3333
11th PKMN Ranger Katelyn - $4212 -> $4374 -> $3392
12th Crush Girl Cyndy - $2592 -> $3024 -> $2261
13th Cooltrainer Leroy - $4050 -> $4860 -> $3275
14th Cooltrainer Michelle - $4050 -> $4536 -> $3292
= $ 49,473 -> $57,978 -> $41,323

All islands together
= $112,950 -> $134,541 -> $101,895

Extra VS Seeker trainers
Route 15
Beauty Olivia -  $3132 -> $6480 -> $7020
Beauty Grace - $3132 -> $6480 -> $7020

Route 13
Beauty Sheila - $3132 -> $6480 -> $6902
Beauty Lola - $2916 -> $6480 -> $6902

= $12,312 -> $25,920 -> $27,844

It's bizarre how they raise all battles up by so much, then drop it so heavily all in one day.
While almost every trainer now gives less than before the original update, overall you technically still get more since the Beauties on Route 15 & 13 were increased by an enormous amount, I definitely recommend people to do those now. The beauties on Isle 5 are also increased while every other NPC on that island decreased.

If you were to just fight the 6 beauties, you could pick up roughly $43k in probably around 5 minutes. I'l probably do that now instead of doing the whole islands which got nerfed.

What was the plan with this? Did you want to put most of the reward into few trainers as possible to make getting cash less grindy while still giving people the option to grind more, the less efficient and nerfed way?
Edited by KaynineXL
2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:
What was the plan with this? Did you want to put most of the reward into few trainers as possible to make getting cash less grindy while still giving people the option to grind more, the less efficient and nerfed way?

For real though:

There weren't any intentional changes to the money rate in the 22/07 update, and we were severely confused for the past few days as to what changed. Earlier today we nerfed it into the ground while we investigated, and I took the opportunity to nerf Amulet Coin because Amulet Coin is a terrible item and I hate it.

Turns out we fixed a bug back in June where parties for rematch NPCs wouldn't scale properly, which nobody noticed for the past 2 years. Most of the payouts were about the same, but now they're higher, which is how it should have always been.

We'll push out another balance update for trainer NPC gain in a day or two when the next round of bug fixes are out, which should bring it back up to "about July 22nd" levels.

43 minutes ago, Kyu said:

For real though:

There weren't any intentional changes to the money rate in the 22/07 update, and we were severely confused for the past few days as to what changed. Earlier today we nerfed it into the ground while we investigated, and I took the opportunity to nerf Amulet Coin because Amulet Coin is a terrible item and I hate it.

Turns out we fixed a bug back in June where parties for rematch NPCs wouldn't scale properly, which nobody noticed for the past 2 years. Most of the payouts were about the same, but now they're higher, which is how it should have always been.

We'll push out another balance update for trainer NPC gain in a day or two when the next round of bug fixes are out, which should bring it back up to "about July 22nd" levels.

Oh god, that'll be the 3rd time I update the whole islands payout in this guide within the past few days. I guess I should probably wait a few days after updates.

Right now, I think payouts for rematches aren't static, you seem to get slightly different amounts every time, once the update hits in the next few days and the rewards are changed once again, will the rewards change slightly each time or be static?

Edited by KaynineXL
38 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Right now, I think payouts for rematches aren't static, you seem to get slightly different amounts every time, once the update hits in the next few days and the rewards are changed once again, will the rewards change slightly each time or be static?

Yes, rematch rates vary depending on the party the NPC has. Either due to levels (which scale between [50-60]), or party count (which scales between [5-6]).

No, we don't plan to change this behavior.

1 hour ago, ShinyMrT said:

I'm using the Heart Scale Farming Method and i would highly recommend you are using a female Quagsire because the Luvdisc you will encounter are 75% of the time female. So they always get you with attract if you are using a male one.

Smart, on the other hand, you can also use a high level Chansey(they are always female) with covet because Chansey has very low attack and could never KO with Covet. Thief/Covet only breaks the item if the Pokemon is KO'd these days.

Also..

I'v removed 'Money Per Hour' section and added 'Recommended Methods'.

Check out the new recommended VS Seeker run which I much prefer over the standard islands run.

Don't know if it's mentioned, but the Gamers, those old guys with the beards, give a shit load of money. 

Don't know all the places where the located, but on Route 11, East of Vermillion City, there are like 2 or 3 and give 6k each with Amulet Coin. Easy money.

1 hour ago, WesleytJ said:

Don't know if it's mentioned, but the Gamers, those old guys with the beards, give a shit load of money. 

Don't know all the places where the located, but on Route 11, East of Vermillion City, there are like 2 or 3 and give 6k each with Amulet Coin. Easy money.

They are already in my guide.

So in this update, devs added the ability to rematch the Gym leaders in the Hoenn region. I did a run to see how much money they give and all. I think we should add Hoenn money grinding section to the guide as well now. Below is the breakdown.

Dewford Gym

Spoiler

Money collected: $10672 (I forgot to bring my Amulet coin)

Doubles battle

Level of pokemons: All 80

Pokemons used: Heracross, Medicham, Machamp, Hitmonchan, Breloom, Hariyama

Petalburg Gym

Spoiler

Money collected: $13440 (With Amulet coin)

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Tauros, Ursaring, Exploud, Zangoose, Blissey, Slaking 

Rustbro Gym

Spoiler

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Golem, Omastar, Armaldo, Nosepass, Cradily, Aerodactyl

Mauvile Gym

Spoiler

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Ampharos, Manectric, Raichu, Electrode, Magneton, Lanturn

Lavaridge Gym

Spoiler

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Camerupt, Arcanine, Torkoal, Blaziken, Rapidash, Magcargo

Fortree Gym

Spoiler

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Altaria, Tropius, Skarmory, Peliper, Swellow, Gyarados

Mossdeep Gym

Spoiler

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Lunatone, Solrock, Slowkinng, Xatu, Gardevoir, Claydol

Sootopolis Gym

Spoiler

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Walrein, Whiscash, Slowking, Huntail, Lapras, Kingdra

So, all the battles are doubles battle and all gym leaders give the same amount i.e $13440. Total money gain would be $107520 if you use the Amulet coin all the times. I really liked the whole thing, the battles are not much tough either and you can use your general 100 level pokemons to beat them. I personally used a Starmie, Dragonite, Gardevoir and Flygon. Starmie and Flygon will pretty much take care of all of them. Exp gain is very good as well, so you can put exp share on a pokemon to increase levels. Overall, I'd recommend doing it, it is not much time consuming except those mazes inside some of the gyms but we can get use to them in no time. 

Also the cool down would be 6 hours for this, right? Can anyone from staff confirm this?

Edited by LiquidFrost
formatting
1 hour ago, LiquidFrost said:

So in this update, devs added the ability to rematch the Gym leaders in the Hoenn region. I did a run to see how much money they give and all. I think we should add Hoenn money grinding section to the guide as well now. Below is the breakdown.

Dewford Gym

Hide contents

Money collected: $10672 (I forgot to bring my Amulet coin)

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Heracross, Medicham, Machamp, Hitmonchan, Breloom, Hariyama

Petalburg Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Tauros, Ursaring, Exploud, Zangoose, Blissey, Slaking 

Rustbro Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Golem, Omastar, Armaldo, Nosepass, Cradily, Aerodactyl

Mauvile Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Ampharos, Manectric, Raichu, Electrode, Magneton, Lanturn

Lavaridge Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Camerupt, Arcanine, Torkoal, Blaziken, Rapidash, Magcargo

Fortree Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Altaria, Tropius, Skarmory, Peliper, Swellow, Gyarados

Mossdeep Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Lunatone, Solrock, Slowkinng, Xatu, Gardevoir, Claydol

Sootopolis Gym

Hide contents

Doubles battle

Pokemons used: Walrein, Whiscash, Slowking, Huntail, Lapras, Kingdra

So, all the battles are doubles battle and all gym leaders give the same amount i.e $13440. Total money gain would be $107520 if you use the Amulet coin all the times. I really liked the whole thing, the battles are not much tough either and you can use your general 100 level pokemons to beat them. I personally used a Starmie, Dragonite, Gardevoir and Flygon. Starmie and Flygon will pretty much take care of all of them. Exp gain is very good as well, so you can put exp share on a pokemon to increase levels. Overall, I'd recommend doing it, it is not much time consuming except those mazes inside some of the gyms but we can get use to them in no time. 

Also the cool down would be 6 hours for this, right? Can anyone from staff confirm this?

That's great. Thanks a lot for that mate.

Will add it in a little while.

So hyped for this new method of money :)

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Damn, nice call. I'l have to check it out.

From the quick island run I just did, sturdy doesn't add a huge amount of time onto the actual run (Probably a few K loss). But, if you are using the starmie that you suggested in the original post, the sturdy mons will hit you hard with EQ and explosion etc so it requires a few potions or other mons to complete the run. 

Also forretress has sturdy on island 7 too.