In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

Just now, Kimikozen said:

From the quick island run I just did, sturdy doesn't add a huge amount of time onto the actual run (Probably a few K loss). But, if you are using the starmie that you suggested in the original post, the sturdy mons will hit you hard with EQ and explosion etc so it requires a few potions or other mons to complete the run. 

Also forretress has sturdy on island 7 too.

It may mean just skipping isle 6. It was on my optional list in my "recommended methods" as it is. So we'll see.

So with the update, additional NPC's in Hoenn are now able to be rematched, as well as not having to call them up which was a right pain in the ass before.

I decided to go through all NPCs and try rematch them all. I'v got to route 120, east of Fortree on the bridge near the berry patch. I'v done everywhere west of there. If someone can carry on the rest that would be nice, if not I'l continue tomorrow.

Spoiler

Route 102:
Youngster Calvin - $1740

Route 104:
Lady Cindy - $7025

Petalburg Woods:
Bug Catcher James: $1681

Route 104:
Rich boy Winston: $7271
Lass Haley: $1740

Route 116:
School Kid Karen: $2175

Route 117:
PKMN Breeder Lydia: $4350
Triathlete mario: $4277
PKMN breeder Isaac: $4350
Triathlete Dylan: $4277
SR. and JR. Anna & Meg: $1740

Route 118:
Aroma lady Rose: $4060
Guitarist Dalton: $3480

Route 114:
Pokemaniac Steve: $4262
Kindler Bernie: $3305

Route 115:
Black Belt Nob: $3363
Battle Girl Cindy: $2566
Expert Tomothy: $4277

Route 119:
PKMN Ranger jackson: $5220
Pkmn Ranger Catherine: $5132

Route 103:
Twins Amy & Liv: $1305
PokeFan Miguel: $5987

Route 110:
PokeFan Isabel: $5785
Triathlete Abigail: $4350

Route 109:
Yuber Ricky: £398
Tyber Lola: $405

Route 106: 
Fisherman Elliot: $4350

Route 112:
Hiker Trent: $4060

Route 111:
Cooltrainer Wilton: $5132
Cooltrailer Brooke: $5220

Route 120:

Bird Keeper Robert: $3305

Pretty disappointing with the rewards prizes in Hoenn. All scattered about and very few that are actually above 6k. Really not worth doing right now.

As I failed to have a proper discussion about this on Channel chat, Imma try here:

Is it still worth (if choosing only one method) doing Islands runs? With Gym rematches, seems way faster (since you only need to beat 8 trainers) to earn pretty much the same amount of money IRs give.

Guys, the Electric gym leader is not in his gym, which makes my gym runs a bit less worth. I guess this has to do with the Hoenn storyline or something like this, but

1. I haven't touched the storyline for literal years so I have no idea where I'm at

2. I have about zero knowledge of Hoenn

Anyone knowledgeable about Hoenn knows how to make that guy come back?

Edited by aeeaeeaaa
14 minutes ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Guys, the Electric gym leader is not in his gym, which makes my gym runs a bit less worth. I guess this has to do with the Hoenn storyline or something like this, but

1. I haven't touched the storyline for literal years so I have no idea where I'm at

2. I have about zero knowledge of Hoenn

Anyone knowledgeable about Hoenn knows how to make that guy come back?

He's outside Mauville, talk to him and then visit new Mauville dungeon. He'll return to his gym afterwards.

@KaynineXL Route 11 has 2 more Gamblers which give 5k+ (will edit when I beat them)

South-West Corner:

Gamer Hugo: 5886

South-East Corner:

Gamer Dirk: 5987

1 hour ago, ragstal said:

can i give to the day carerer a mewoth holding everstone and wait till it go lvl 100 without evolving to persian so i can keep the pickup abillity?

Your Meowth will not evolve while in the daycare, with or without an Everstone. Just stick it in there and go do VS Seeker runs, because your Pokemon in the daycare will take a % of exp from all the exp you get else where. I think it's like 50% of the exp.

Added those extra couple of trainer on route 11.

Can someone add a new reserve, or delete a couple posts so I can use an extra post? I need to add a new section.

Also, I wanted to ask, would you guys say island 6 is worthy of the 'recommended' VS Seeker run? It doesn't quite have the pay rates the other areas has, but there are a lot of good pays close together, only now, there's a lot of sturdy Pokemon. Thoughts on that?

Edited by KaynineXL
On 21/08/2016 at 7:57 PM, KaynineXL said:

Added those extra couple of trainer on route 11.

Can someone add a new reserve, or delete a couple posts so I can use an extra post? I need to add a new section.

Also, I wanted to ask, would you guys say island 6 is worthy of the 'recommended' VS Seeker run? It doesn't quite have the pay rates the other areas has, but there are a lot of good pays close together, only now, there's a lot of sturdy Pokemon. Thoughts on that?

Sturdy pokés do not affect the overall scene in a huge margin of time to make the money earned not be worth.

If I'm not mistaken we have one Steelix/Onix per Hiker, nothing else. That's a waste of... 30 seconds more?

If you like to Payday these trainers, it's quite nice to Payday then obliterate the hell out of those uguus.

39 minutes ago, Heavenrise said:

Sturdy pokés do not affect the overall scene in a huge margin of time to make the money earned not be worth.

If I'm not mistaken we have one Steelix/Onix per Hiker, nothing else. That's a waste of... 30 seconds more?

If you like to Payday these trainers, it's quite nice to Payday then obliterate the hell out of those uguus.

Problem is, conserving your PP as well, since study requires 2 hits.

Maybe not worth the hassle.

On 22-8-2016 at 0:57 AM, KaynineXL said:

I've cleared two posts, so you should have one more section available.

That's all I can do for now though

hey guys! first of all really nice guide! 

well i'm farming some everstones, but i have some questions about the THIEF move, as in the changelog 22/07/2016 it changes like this

THIEF:

• Removed hard level cap for Thief
  • (PvE) If Thief faints a wild opponent, its steal effect will not function

what does this mean? i can use a lvl100 pokemon to get the items unless i kill'em with my thief move? is that how it works? (any grammar mistake please feel free to correct me) :D 

11 hours ago, Kasaragi said:

hey guys! first of all really nice guide! 

well i'm farming some everstones, but i have some questions about the THIEF move, as in the changelog 22/07/2016 it changes like this

THIEF:

• Removed hard level cap for Thief
  • (PvE) If Thief faints a wild opponent, its steal effect will not function

what does this mean? i can use a lvl100 pokemon to get the items unless i kill'em with my thief move? is that how it works? (any grammar mistake please feel free to correct me) :D 

Yes, before the patch if the level of the Thief pokemon was 10 lvl apart from the wild pokemon there was a possibility that the item you try to steal breaks. Now you could use a lvl 1 diglett to thief from a lvl 30 pikachu for example. But you can't use like a lvl 80 diglett or something like that  because it will  One Hit K O the target and so thief won't work , the same with Covet i guess.

1 hour ago, ragstal said:

is it worth to give your lvl 1 poke to the day care and lvl em up till 100 and list em up in gtl and does anyone how much money he needs on average to lvl a poke from lvl 1 or 30 to 100?

Nah, daycare charges like 1200$ a poke, so when your poke is done, you'll lose more than you make.

56 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Hey guys, I forgot to mention, I give this guide some big updates last week. It's all rearranged with the newly added pages Berry farming and Recommended methods.

I can assure you that my guide is up to date as I try to make it since I'm dead. Got my boy @LiquidFrost helping me get the guide updated as possible.