In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

On 5/15/2016 at 1:10 AM, axx said:

are we entirely sure that kyu is not following us around and dynamically changing the drop rates for stuff?

that would undermine the reliability of several calculations

i base this asumption on kyu's original post from back in the shinyrategate thread:

for a while his wording kept bugging me and now after experiencing high variance in drop rates i can't be too sure that drops are static

this would also kind of explain GTL variance in prices: if you get a few sell expensive, if you get many sell cheaper

I have had my doubts on that as well. Here is my reply which I made sometime back in this thread.

On 3/19/2016 at 2:36 AM, LiquidFrost said:

I have one more Meowth which has Bite and Faint Attack, so I have also used that earlier to get some extra PPs, didn't brought it this time so used Leppa Berries. 

Yes, scarves were less indeed for me. I could be entirely wrong about this but I think maybe the rate for pickup also changes. I've previously done farming runs where I've got like 9 scarves in 40 kills and runs where I didn't get any scarf at all even after 150 encounters. I have noted a similar pattern with Sticks as well, so there is an observation. :)
Sometime back, me with two other teammates tried to calculate the % rate for it because all three of us kind of observed that rate is not fixed and could change drastically, but sadly we couldn't complete the calculations and records for some reasons and it was left as it is. However, if you plan to do more runs or calculate any stuff and need any help then you can let me know. 

So yeah it would be nice if Kyu can tell us something more about this. 

• 2 weeks later...

100PP:

8x Yellow Shards

4x Blue Shards

3x Green Shards

1x Big Pearl

1x Deepseascale

Another 1h run

121PP:

3x Yellow Shards

12x Blue Shards

2x Green Shards

3x Big Pearl

3x Deepseascale

Edited by Uncandango
  • 3 weeks later...

Great Guide KaynineXL! Do you think a section about wild caught breeders and 1x31s etc would be beneficial? They sell for 10-14k each very quickly on gtl in my experience. I find this a nice way to make good money after island runs, plus you shiny hunt aswell and get held items and keep the good breeders for your own stuff. Although I find it would be just as fast and efficient as doing an island run just with more rng (either with you or against you).

1 hour ago, TomPennyLives said:

Great Guide KaynineXL! Do you think a section about wild caught breeders and 1x31s etc would be beneficial? They sell for 10-14k each very quickly on gtl in my experience. I find this a nice way to make good money after island runs, plus you shiny hunt aswell and get held items and keep the good breeders for your own stuff. Although I find it would be just as fast and efficient as doing an island run just with more rng (either with you or against you).

I feel like if you're going to catch random Pokemon for breeders or 1x31s you might as well catch Dittos because they're generally more valuable and more desired as they can breed with everything. Dittos already have a section in my guide and I'd suggest you catch those instead of random caught Pokemon although I guess Dittos can be a little more tricky to capture and require Ultra Balls.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2016 at 1:33 PM, KaynineXL said:
Isle 7

The two to the north are alright I guess, I do those when I'm not lazy. The first group of green circles to the south are good, the one is a doubles trainer which I'm not fond of by they only have 2 Pokemon and give about 3k, worth it. As you're going east, there is another doubles trainer battle, they have like 5-6 Pokemon and I find double battles annoying when I'm not paying attention so I usually just skip it, you can do it though. The rest to the south are all good, so do those.
8GRVEZw.png

What about the Gentlemean, Artist (with 4 smeargles), and two rune maniac's when you surf from the bottom of Island 7?

15 minutes ago, Pythonhier said:

What about the Gentlemean, Artist (with 4 smeargles), and two rune maniac's when you surf from the bottom of Island 7?

Artists are bad money. Two guys which you surf to are too far away and annoying for my liking to make them efficient.

Hey guys.

So, within the next few days I should have an E4 guide out, which will eventually get better over time.  I wanted to ask if you could list all the Pokemon/Movesets/Items/Investments you can think of.

If you can give info such as :

• The battle - Battle 1: Lorelei, Battle 2: Bruno, Battle 3: Agatha, Battle 4: Lance, Battle 5: Rival
  • The team, please provide as much detail as you can e.g. predicted EV spreads, predicted items, movesets, Pokemon levels
  • The Round - each time you complete E4, your round increase and you fight harder Pokemon. I don't need the the default E4 teams, just the additional rounds after.
  • Any suggestions which you think would be good?

Edited by KaynineXL

Updated the rewards received from beating the island NPCs with Vs Seeker -

With Amulet coin & no Payday

Isle 5
1st PKMN Breeder Alize - $3024 -> $3717 22% Increase
2nd Painter Rayna - $1,8k -> $2160 20% Increase
3rd Lady Jacki - 6k -> $7,2k 20% Increase
4th Lady Gillian - $5880 -> $7,2k 22% Increase
5th Painter Celina - $1.8k -> $2124 18% Increase
6th Painter Daisy - $1.8k -> $2088 16% Increase
7th Youngster Destin - $1728 -> $2124 22% Increase
8th Birdkeeper Milo - $2646 -> $3132 18% Increase
9th Birdkeeper Chaz - $2646 -> $2970 12% Increase
10th Birdkeeper Harold - $2646 -> $3240 22% Increase
= $29,970 -> $35,955 19.6% Increase

Isle 6
1st Juggler Edward - $4320 -> $5,4k 25% Increase
2nd Hiker Earl - $3969 -> $4860 22% Increase
3rd Hiker Daryl - $4050 -> $4536 12% Increase
4th PokeManiac Hector - $5292 -> $6480 22% Increase
5th Ruin Maniac Stanly - $5184 -> $6372 22% Increase
6th Ruin Maniac Foster - $5400 -> $6480 20% Increase
7th Ruin Maniac Larry - $5292 -> $6480 22% Increase
= $33,507 -> $40,608 21% Increase

Isle 7
1st Psychic Rodette - $2250 -> $2,7k 20% Increase
2nd Psychic Dario - $2340 -> $2,7k 15% Increase
3rd Aroma lady Miah - 3150 -> $3717 18% Increase
4th Juggler Mason - $4230 -> $5,4k 27% Increase
5th PKMN Ranger Nicolas - $4131 -> $4860 17% Increase
6th PKMN Ranger Madeline - $4131 -> $4617 11% Increase
7th First Doubles Battle - $3150 -> $3780 20% Increase
8th Second Doubles Battle - $2808 -> $3240 15% Increase
9th Timer Evan - 4410 -> $5310 20% Increase
10th PKMN Ranger Jackson - $3969 -> $4860 22% Increase
11th PKMN Ranger Katelyn - $4212 -> $4374 3% Increase
12th Crush Girl Cyndy - $2592 -> $3024 16% Increase
13th Cooltrainer Leroy - $4050 -> $4860 20% Increase
14th Cooltrainer Michelle - $4050 -> $4536 12% Increase
= $ 49,473 -> $57,978 17% Increase

All islands together
= $112,950 -> $134,541 19% Increase

Extra VS Seeker trainers
Route 14
Beauty Olivia -  $3132 -> $6480 106% Increase
Beauty Grace - $3132 -> $6480 106% Increase

Route 13
Beauty Sheila - $3132 -> $6480 106% Increase
Beauty Lola - $2916 -> $6480 122% Increase

= $12,312 -> $25,920 110% Increase

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And some data on E4 which I'l stick here for later use.
If possible, could you guys get me the levels of the Pokemon as well, might be handy.

Credits to my boy Gary:
Round 2 Kanto:

Lorelei 
2 Full Restores.
jynx (lead) - Ice Beam - Psychic
Lapras - Tbolt - Surf - Ice Beam
Piloswine - Earthquake
Dewgong - Surf - Ice Beam
Slowbro - Surf - Psychic - Slack Off
Cloyster - Ice Beam - Surf

Bruno 
2 Full Restores
Machamp Lead - Rock Slide - Brick Break
Hariyama - Brick Break
Hitmonchan - Mach Punch
Steelix - Earthquake - Iron Tail
Hitmonlee - Thief 
Hitmontop - Mach Punch

Agatha 
2 Full Restores
Misdreavus lead - Shadow Ball - Tbolt - Icy Wind
Gengar Life Orb - Shadow Ball - Sludgebomb - Tbolt
Crobat Life Orb - Aerial Ace - Sludge bomb - Heat Wave
Alakazam - Psychic - Sig Beam
Muk - Ice Punch - Tpunch
Arbok - Eq

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2 Hoenn:

Sidney fuccboi
2 full Restores
Random Lead

Crawdaunt - Crunch
Mightyena - Crunch -  Superfang
Cacturne - Bullet Seed (does loads of dmg, think CB or full ada invest)
Absol - Megahorn
Sharpedo - Waterfall - Crunch - Ice Beam
Shifty - Leaf Blade 

Phoebe
2 Full Restores
Usually leads with Banette.

Banette - Shadow Ball
Misdreavus - Shadow Ball - Tbolt
Ninetails - Flamethrower
Sableye - ShadowBall - Recover
Dusclops - Seismic Toss 
Shedinja - Shadow Ball

Glacia ho
2 Full Restores

(Supposed to be scarf) Persian - Bite - Double Edge - Iron Tail
Vapreon - Surf - Ice Beam
Blissey - Thunderbolt - Seismic Toss - SoftBoiled
Walrein (SpDef invested4sure) - Waterfall
Glalie - Ice Beam
Mantine - Surf

Drake 
2 full Restores
Random Lead
Salamance - Dclaw
Ampharos - Tbolt - Focus Punch
Sceptile - Giga Drain
Flygon - Earthquake - Dclaw
Altaria - Dclaw
Kingdra - Surf

Champion Wallace
3 Full Restores
Random Lead
Gyarados -  Waterfall - DD
Wailord - Waterspout
Ludicolo - Leech seed - Giga Drain - Surf
Whiscash - Waterfall - Eq
Milotic Lefties - Surf - Ice Beam
Tentacruel lefties - Surf - Ice Beam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and some data from 4F. Round 3 Kanto:

a3f00c4b610368b2159bb1f3f504e70b.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a little from myself. Round 3 Kanto:

(I was testing level 50s to see scaling, but I ended up having to fight level 90s lol)

Lorelei
Lead Articuno - Ice beam
Starmie(lefties) - Surf, Thunder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More:

Round 3 - 
1st trainer

Lead Slowbro - surf
Exeg(scarf) - Giga drain
Magneton
mantine
Nidoqueen(heavily sp def invested) - Stoss
Lapras - Waterfall, rest

2nd trainer
Machamp(lefties) - EQ
Heracross(salac)
Muk - Shadow Punch
Slowbro(lefties) - Surf
Primeape
Steelix(lefties, lvl100, high sp def) - EQ

3rd trainer
Umbreon(lvl 100) - Pursuit
Jynx(lvl 100)
marowak(lvl 100) - EQ, RS
Gyarados(lvl 100) - Waterfall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More round 3:
1st trainer
Lead Lapras(lefties, Lvl100) - Ice beam, Rest
Nidoqueen(lvl100) - Superfang
Raichu(life orb, lvl100) - Volt Tackle, HP
Exeg(lefties, lvl100) - Giga
Slowking(lefties, lvl100) - Psychic
Wigglytuff(lvl100) - Stoss

2nd trainer
Slowbro
Primeape(life orb)
Heracross
steelix - EQsss
Muk - Shadow Punch, BB
Machamp - Cross Chop

3rd trainer
Gengar(life orb) - Sbomb
Venusaur - EQ

Edited by KaynineXL

round 2 kanto

lorelie: piloswine, cloyster, slowbro, dewgong, jynx, lapras

bruno: top, hari, hitmonchan, steelix, hitmonlee, machamp

agatha: misdre, muk, crobat, arbok, gengar    

lance: altaria, gyara, charizard, dragonite, aero, kingdra 

rival: alakazam, exeggutor, tyranitar, c harizard, heracross

hoenn round 2

sidney: absol crawdaunt shiftry sharpedo

2: bannette, ninetales, misdreavus, shedinja, dusclops, sableye

glacia: persian vaporeon glalie blissey, mantine 

drake: sceptile, salamence, ampharos, kingdra, altaria, flygon

rival: gyara, whiscash, tentacruel, wailord, ludicolo, milotic

Just now, AbdOuMarley said:

why all npc payouts got decreased now ?? the ruin maniacs they give less than before the update right now , used to collect +5k from them and according to k9 post it should be +6k now so why im only collecting around 4.2k ?? with amulet coin and payday

dont u check updates? 

23/07/2016 updates:

• Amulet Coin multiplier reduced from 1.5x to 1.25x
  • Elite 4 (Hardest difficulty, lv 100) base payout from 60,000 to 50,000

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

dont u check updates? 

23/07/2016 updates:

• Amulet Coin multiplier reduced from 1.5x to 1.25x
  • Elite 4 (Hardest difficulty, lv 100) base payout from 60,000 to 50,000

didnt get a notification about that

damn im shocked , the HYYYYPE didnt last long

c6516293b292770b3ed912887b65f5e9.png

Cleared that shit. Gotta say it's not that easy but it can be done. 

Here's my info @KaynineXL

Kanto round 3

Lorelei: Lum Berry Articuno(Rest), Lefties Lapras(Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder), Scarf Nidoking (Earthquake, Megahorn, Ice Beam), Magneton, Piloswine (Earthquake),Lefties Timid Starmie (Thunder, Recover)

Bruno: Lefties Exeggutor (Giga Drain), Golem,Lefties Clefable (Seismic Toss), Lefties Machamp, Hitmontop (Rock Slide, Hi Jump Kick, Earthquake), Blastoise (Counter, Mirror Coat, Surf)

Agatha: Life Ball Gengar (Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, shadow ball), Lefties Umbreon (Faint Attack),Lefties Venusaur (Bullet Seed), Alakazam, Misdreavus (HP Ice), Life Ball Houndoom (Flamethrower)

Lance: Scarf Tyranitar (Rock Slide), Steelix (Crunch),CB/Scarf Dragonite (Dragon Claw), 

Life Ball Lapras (Thunderbolt, Psychic), CB Gyarados (Waterfall, EQ, Crunch), Lefties Snorlax (Fire Punch)

Rival: Life Orb Exeggutor (Giga Drain, Psychic), ScarfJolteon (Hp Ice, Hyper Voice, thunderbolt), Poliwrath, Miltank, Golem (Earthquake), Charizard.

Im pretty sure teams are not the same for everyone right? @RacheLucario pls confirm.  

a15a462f74d6794f66a2b34d84acef5a.png

Edited by BlackJovi

@Desu Do you hate me or something. Just when I finish updating all the island rewards they get changed. oh god.

@BlackJoviYeh, I already knew round 1-2 depended on your starter, that's how it's always been. Round 3 definitely changes team/items/maybe even movesets/possibly ev spreads.

@RacheLucarioSo I'm sure Round 3 changes teams, do they have premade built teams, or did you create say maybe around 10-15 Pokemon(or sets for the same poke) for each trainer and the game randomly picks out 6 Pokemon out of the 15. The numbers may not be correct, but the mechanics of it, are they right? It would be a great help. Desu you can answer this as well if you like, since you're gonna have me running around the islands again.

Hoenn round 3

Sidney: Leftovers Regirock (Rock Slide), Crobat (Heat Wave, HP Ice), Crawdaunt, Scarf/CB Absol (Megahorn), Shiftry (Aerial Ace), Gligar 

2: Ninetales, Life Orb Tropis (Solarbeam), Leftovers Dusclops (Ice Beam, Shadow Ball)

Scarf Medicham (HJK, Thunderpunch), Mawille (Body Slam), Scarf Absol (Megahorn) 

Glacia: Lum BerryMetagross (Earthquake, Light Screen, Reflect, Meteor Mash), Lefties Gardevoir (thunderbolt, Psychic), Nidoqueen (Earthquake, Thunderbolt), Lefties Togetic (Tri Atack), Umbreon (Pursuit), Walrein (Waterfall, Return)

Lance: Salamence (Fire Blast), CB Metagross (Thunderpunch, Earthquake), Whiscash (Surf, Rest), Feraligatr, Life Orb Seviper (Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower), Regirock (Rock Slide).

Rival: Dragonite, Registeel (Seismic Toss), Lanturn (Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Ice Beam), Specs/Scarf Tentacruel (Giga Drain, Ice Beam), Milotic (Ice Beam), Ludicolo (Bullet Seed, Waterfall, Ice Punch)

b7341b4055d2b7ab83f7d1796601ee8b.png

my work here is done. e4 is eaz. 

Just now, KaynineXL said:

@RacheLucarioSo I'm sure Round 3 changes teams, do they have premade built teams, or did you create say maybe around 10-15 Pokemon(or sets for the same poke) for each trainer and the game randomly picks out 6 Pokemon out of the 15. The numbers may not be correct, but the mechanics of it, are they right? It would be a great help. Desu you can answer this as well if you like, since you're gonna have me running around the islands again.

The teams are pre-made. How many there are though, is something for you guys to figure out~