In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

4 hours ago, Phryme said:

I tend to get 2-3 everstones each "run" in team magma's cave pretty consistently. I'm using a quagsire with thief (not PP maxed) and recover. I stay until thief runs out of pp or I faint, rest, come back. Seems to be about one run every 20-30 minutes depending on how attentive I am and how often my quagsire can't run from the wild pokes.

Best guess would be anywhere from 80k-150k per hour. Bad luck and being slow can make it way worse. Being quick and lucky can make it better. I think everstones > shards atm.

EDIT2: Also a quick note on island runs. A level 100 adamant persian can 1hko almost anything with slash. Here's my strategy: Have persian with Payday/Slash/Water Pulse/Shadow Ball. Have your HM Slaves, and also brink a miltank with Milk Drink or at minimum a poke with Wish. (Just fight a wild poke and wish the persian back to a healthy hp amount.) Payday the pokes that have low base defense, slash the rest, and use water pulse on rock/steel types while shadow balling psychic types. Use milk drink after battles to regain HP if one of the bird keeper's fking dodrios used endeavor or something. My persian has never fainted while doing this and I rarely run out of PP. (Also, the ground types with no normal resist tend to get 1hko'd by payday. They tend to be over lvl 56 too.) I also usually bring a starmie for the double battles.

If you learn which pokes get 1hko'd by payday, it becomes pretty easy to simply never run out of PP assuming you've maxed payday and slash. Just use starmie on all but 1 of the rock types in each hiker battle.

Thanks a lot for that. That's some great info.

Firstly, Everstones. I think the current price per hour isn't accurate, I think 3-4 everstones in 1 hour is just bad luck, I think the average is probably more like 6+. I'l keep doing 1 hour runs and checking though.

Your island run 'tip' I generally always have my Starmie and Persian on me. So isle one I just sweep with Persian easily because Starmie can't kill the pink blobs, then while I fly to the next island, instead of going to recover my PP I'd just switch Starmie to lead, I think it's a little faster that way.

Of course, I don't get to payday but that's a little bit of a nuisance for me, I'm lazy :> but yeh, thanks for the info. I wanted to know actually, on the first doubles battle isle 7, how'd you kill those?

9 minutes ago, Uncandango said:

I can't bother to farm everstones anymore.

What happened to shards? Illuminati of moneymaking forced you to remove?

Shards price changed so much that I thought it's best to just scrap and start again, but now that I think about it, didn't you post how many shards you got per hour? If I just changed the prices I could get an approx.

Hmm, I'l look through your past posts.

11 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Shards price changed so much that I thought it's best to just scrap and start again, but now that I think about it, didn't you post how many shards you got per hour? If I just changed the prices I could get an approx.

Hmm, I'l look through your past posts.

Yes, price changed a lot :S

I did 3hours when testing just to try to avoid bad/high luck, just like i did with everstones.

Edit: Calculated with current prices...

258k/h... Damn weekend, IF i did it during week it should be like 150k~200k/h

Edited by Uncandango
55 minutes ago, Uncandango said:

Yes, price changed a lot :S

I did 3hours when testing just to try to avoid bad/high luck, just like i did with everstones.

Edit: Calculated with current prices...

258k/h... Damn weekend, IF i did it during week it should be like 150k~200k/h

Hey, you wouldn't mind copy and pasting your old results with the new prices would you? I'm going back and so many posts and im not sure how many times you posted the shard results.

8 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Hey, you wouldn't mind copy and pasting your old results with the new prices would you? I'm going back and so many posts and im not sure how many times you posted the shard results.

lol WHAT? posted just once :|

Edit: new prices (258k/h)

0.66x Big Pearl (3750 ea)
6x Blue Shards (9900 ea)
2.33x Deepseascale (1500 ea)
2.33x Green Shards (19900 ea)
5.66x Yellow shards (26000 ea)

Edited by Uncandango
5 minutes ago, Uncandango said:

Prices are so volatile... i think i saw this week yellow shards at 17k each at some point...

I'v done it with updated prices, didn't realise shard prices are so unstable though. I'l keep my eye on GLT over the next few weeks.

As of the current prices though, 242k per hour is not bad at all.

On 5/14/2016 at 10:50 AM, KaynineXL said:

Added some new 'Profit per hour' data.

If you guys ever farm something such as shards, everstones etc be sure to time what you get in an hour.

Also island runs, time how long it takes to do a run and how much cash you get.

I'm trying to fill in the profit per hour section and make it more accurate.

Just beat all the yellow and green trainers on an island run, took 56 minutes. Could probably be done faster if I focused harder, was typing and what not.

20 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

I read this guide, still poor 

I made this guide, still poor

25 minutes ago, Champlooo said:

Just beat all the yellow and green trainers on an island run, took 56 minutes. Could probably be done faster if I focused harder, was typing and what not.

I did an island run today, took me 3 hours. Decided not to use that.

are we entirely sure that kyu is not following us around and dynamically changing the drop rates for stuff?

that would undermine the reliability of several calculations

i base this asumption on kyu's original post from back in the shinyrategate thread:

Shiny rate hasn't been a static amount for at least a year. It's variable depending on things like 'Whether donator status is active' 'Where you got your pogeyman' 'What you've been doing' 'How new you are' 'How much we think you're cheating' etc. A lot of the RNG for drops you encounter in the game is tailored in this format to combat cheating.

for a while his wording kept bugging me and now after experiencing high variance in drop rates i can't be too sure that drops are static

this would also kind of explain GTL variance in prices: if you get a few sell expensive, if you get many sell cheaper

6 minutes ago, axx said:

are we entirely sure that kyu is not following us around and dynamically changing the drop rates for stuff?

that would undermine the reliability of several calculations

i base this asumption on kyu's original post from back in the shinyrategate thread:

for a while his wording kept bugging me and now after experiencing high variance in drop rates i can't be too sure that drops are static

this would also kind of explain GTL variance in prices: if you get a few sell expensive, if you get many sell cheaper

I guess it's something we can't really find out unless they tell us.

just tested 1h shard farming:

106 Thief PP used

3 blue (8000 ea)

3 green (18000 ea)

4 yellow (24000 ea)

4 deepseafuckingscale (1500)

24000+54000+96000+6000=180k

I believe its a bad run and yet i don't know why people even farm everstones...

1 hour ago, Leggerrr said:

What kind of berries/seeds do people grow to make profit?

A little farming section is coming real soon! I promise.

But for now, go with EV reducing berries, Leppa berries, Salac berries, Chestos, Leichi berries, Sitrus berries.

I may be missing one or two but they're all very useful. I'd probably recommend EV reducing berries, Leppa and Lums are they're probably the most desired out the lot.

6 hours ago, Uncandango said:

just tested 1h shard farming:

106 Thief PP used

3 blue (8000 ea)

3 green (18000 ea)

4 yellow (24000 ea)

4 deepseafuckingscale (1500)

24000+54000+96000+6000=180k

I believe its a bad run and yet i don't know why people even farm everstones...

Yep, Everstones are actually quite terrible, I was farming them a lot yesterday and it was just bad. I'm going to try shard hunting later today. Thanks for your data, you're a star.