In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

I did it like two hours yesterday and today and i think it's still good method to make good money. To be honey i didn't see a difference.

Well, of course it's still good, the good tutor items % was increased which means more profit, I would imagine.

Also, has anyone found multiple loot from hordes? That's what I want to know.

Excellent guide.

I needed shards so I farmed them for a while. In 3 hours (was doing other stuff too, not quite a zombie yet) I got like 3x yellow, 2x red, 6 star dusts, 2 star pieces, 12 super potions, 5  great balls, and a pearl.

That being said: This is a kinda abysmal way for making money. Great way to find shards. Decent way to make some pocket change, get shards, train low levels and watch netflix all at once though. Shard prices are just dropping too fast.

EDIT: Was using a meowth with payday, was one-shotting just about everything. Ran from corsolas because why bother.

EDIT2: Shards dropped so much in price that this may not be a viable way to make money. Simple economics. Supply increased, although it probably needed it. Red shards are now 20k each (used to be 40k each), other shards seemed to have stayed around where they're at.

At current (3/30) prices, I made roughly 110k in 3 hours with what I got the other day, plus maybe 20k from payday if I'm lucky and another chunk of change from star pieces and whatnot. If I keep the great balls (why not?) and sell everything else... around 50k per hour of you're lucky.

TL;DR go farm berries.

Edited by Phryme

Also, I thought I'd make a note on berry farming. Its actually a legit way to make some supplementary cash while using other methods between watering, assuming seeds and berries sell well. (Certain berries will ALWAYS sell, seeds not as much since people don't like bothering with farming)

If you're going to sell seeds, here are the how they're priced currently on GTL (3/30). Very Bitter: 3k (awful), Very Sweet: 7-8k, Very Spicy: 6-7k, Very Dry: 10k+ (short supply, check GTL competition before posting). Very spicy, Very Sweet, and Very Dry are the ingrediants for Lum Berries, which is why they're selling for so much. I personally think its better to sell seeds than berries for profit, but berries themselves will of course sell quicker assuming its something commonly used (like Lum, Chesto, EV Berries). Regular seeds are more than likely not worth selling unless you're desperate.

My personal method: I use 3 locations. I use route 104, route 120, and route 123.

Route 104

Use this area for your best berries which require the most attention. I'm currently mixing Lum and Pomeg (I just need Pomeg because EVs). I will personally use these, do I don't want to screw them up. I may sell a small number of Lum. Once I finish that I'm going to be mixing Chesto and Lum and selling about a quarter of all my yield. This is also where a lot of people hang out while waiting on berries. If you're passively farming and watching Netflix on the side, this is the spot. Otherwise, go make more money, train, or do something else. I usually check watering every hour.

Route 120

This is where I put seed fuel. Put quick growing plants here which produce only one kind of seed so you know what you'll yield. One way to beat RNGesus is to simply be redundant as hell with planting as much as possible. I got 60 Very Spicy seeds from these 10 plants in my last run. Worth. (I grew Cheri). Also conveniently by common speed and HP EV training spots.

Route 123

I put slow growing, low thirst plants here. Mainly because I hate checking them. You have to go through water and through like 20 tiles of grass to get here. There's a lot of spots though, so its worth it. I have it full of lum and pomeg at the moment.

I check everything once an hour. I usually check between episodes of shows on netflix, or I'll farm Lost Cave for an hour between watering. I only water if it says the ground is moist or worse. (It usually changes to "Almost flooded", which causes no damage to the plant and maximizes the amount of time before it gets "Dry". Once it changes from moist to anything higher, i stop watering.)

(EDIT) Quick update: Took about 7 hours but all of my seeds sold, but prices are dropping as everyone thought they would.

Edited by Phryme
  • 2 weeks later...

Please add this to Underwater shard farming (rating)

I think we can do 100 encounters per hour.

Estimating loot per hour:

0.66x Big Pearl (3750 ea)

6x Blue Shards (8000 ea)

2.33x Deepseascale (1500 ea)

2.33x Green Shards (28000 ea)

5.66x Yellow shards (24000 ea)

With current prices: 255k/h

+--------------+-----------+           +--------------------+
| Sample size: |    300    |           | Item Distribution  |
+--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------+
| Pokémon      | Enc. Rate | Item Rate | Shards    | Others |
| Chinchou     | 47,7%     | 10,5%     | 73,3%     | 26,7%  |
| Lanturn      | 19,0%     | 15,8%     | 66,7%     | 33,3%  |
| Clamperl     | 25,0%     | 26,7%     | 90,0%     | 10,0%  |
| Relicanth    | 5,3%      | 43,8%     | 100,0%    | 0,0%   |
| Horde        | 3,0%      | Varies    | Varies    | Varies |

Loot:

2x Big Pearl

18x Blue Shards

7x Deepseascale

7x Green Shards

17x Yellow shards

Data:

http://pastebin.com/raw/didyUA6T

Edited by Uncandango

6x Blue Shards (8000 ea)

Loot:

2x Big Pearl

18x Blue Shards

7x Deepseascale

7x Green Shards

17x Yellow shards

Data:

Whats your in-game name?

6x Blue Shards (8000 ea)

Loot:

2x Big Pearl

18x Blue Shards

7x Deepseascale

7x Green Shards

17x Yellow shards

Data:

90% sure that prices dropped minutes after you posted this, but its still high rate and high demand items.

Also @Kaynine, might wanna add battling and using BP for vitamins. For some reason they actually do sell on GTL.

90% sure that prices dropped minutes after you posted this, but its still high rate and high demand items.

Also @Kaynine, might wanna add battling and using BP for vitamins. For some reason they actually do sell on GTL.

90% don't use forums anyway.

And as you said still high rate and high demand items.

Shards prices dropped because shard tutors rearranged their moves moves so blues now have more useful moves to try and make each shard have somewhat equal value.

I'l do this when I'm, not lazy. ^^

Edited by KaynineXL

Dear God that was painful...

125 encounter/h

1.33x Hard Stone (1500)

3x Everstone (20000)

1.33 Charcoal (14000)

With current prices: 80k/h

+--------------+-----------+           +----------------------------+
| Sample size: |    375    |           |     Item Distribution      |
+--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+----------------+
| Pokémon      | Enc. Rate | Item Rate | Everstone | H. Stone/Charc |
| Geodude      | 41,9%     | 2,5%      | 100,0%    | 0,0%           |
| Graveler     | 20,8%     | 11,5%     | 55,6%     | 44,4%          |
| Torkoal      | 33,3%     | 3,2%      | 0,0%      | 100,0%         |
| Horde        | 4,0%      | N/A       | N/A       | N/A            |

4x Charcoal

9x Everstone

4x Hard Stone

Data:

http://pastebin.com/raw/5KkTdCB8

Dear God that was painful...

125 encounter/h

1.33x Hard Stone (1500)

3x Everstone (20000)

1.33 Charcoal (14000)

With current prices: 80k/h

+--------------+-----------+           +----------------------------+
| Sample size: |    375    |           |     Item Distribution      |
| Pokémon      | Enc. Rate | Item Rate | Everstone | H. Stone/Charc |
| Geodude      | 41,9%     | 2,5%      | 100,0%    | 0,0%           |
| Graveler     | 20,8%     | 11,5%     | 55,6%     | 44,4%          |
| Torkoal      | 33,3%     | 3,2%      | 0,0%      | 100,0%         |
| Horde        | 4,0%      | N/A       | N/A       | N/A            |

4x Charcoal

9x Everstone

4x Hard Stone

Data:

http://pastebin.com/raw/5KkTdCB8

How are you collecting this data? Just writing it down?

• 4 weeks later...

Spoilers fixed.

Got a lot of updating to do on this guide which I'l try to sort out in the next couple of weeks.

-Berry farming will be added soon, it's one of the best ways to make cash right now.

-The pickup section needs an overhaul which I'm hoping will start to look better as soon as I grind pickup to get more accurate data.

-The profit per hour section needs a lot of work, and that will take its time. I'l do my best to get some reliable info on the more popular money makers.

I like to do the following:

1) VS Seeker run whit 100 payday persian according to this youtube video 

I do all islands except kids/swimmers/bug catcher  + the other ones in the video
2) Have a dratini or larivatar whit exp share in my party (catch yourself or  buy on gtl for around 5k) ==> sell final evolution on gtl for around 50k for pokedex fillers
3) Have an eevee/togepi (or 2) whit sooth bell + rivals mom daily (catch+buy for 5k on gtl ) and sell whit profit on gtl for +/- 40-50k once evolved final evolution
4) Farm pokemon i need for breeding: store the  31's sell all the others for bottom prices on gtl
5) Repeat after 6 houres if your session is that long 

==> step 1-4 = 500k at least a day

My pve team is based  on this:

- slot 1: lvl 100 persian
- slot 2: lvl 100 dragonite as hm slave + double battle
- slot 3: lvl 100 smeargle to catch pokemon (moves: ingrain (whismurs)/spore/false swipe/recycle(lepra berry catching)) is switched whit persian while catching
- slot 4: dratini/larvitar as exp slave => gtl
- slot 5: eevee/togepi as happiness pokemon => gtl
- slot 6: same as slot  5 or egg while breeding

Edited by netsky4life

Added some new 'Profit per hour' data.

If you guys ever farm something such as shards, everstones etc be sure to time what you get in an hour.

Also island runs, time how long it takes to do a run and how much cash you get.

I'm trying to fill in the profit per hour section and make it more accurate.

11 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Added some new 'Profit per hour' data.

If you guys ever farm something such as shards, everstones etc be sure to time what you get in an hour.

Also island runs, time how long it takes to do a run and how much cash you get.

I'm trying to fill in the profit per hour section and make it more accurate.

I tend to get 2-3 everstones each "run" in team magma's cave pretty consistently. I'm using a quagsire with thief (not PP maxed) and recover. I stay until thief runs out of pp or I faint, rest, come back. Seems to be about one run every 20-30 minutes depending on how attentive I am and how often my quagsire can't run from the wild pokes.

Best guess would be anywhere from 80k-150k per hour. Bad luck and being slow can make it way worse. Being quick and lucky can make it better. I think everstones > shards atm.

EDIT2: Also a quick note on island runs. A level 100 adamant persian can 1hko almost anything with slash. Here's my strategy: Have persian with Payday/Slash/Water Pulse/Shadow Ball. Have your HM Slaves, and also brink a miltank with Milk Drink or at minimum a poke with Wish. (Just fight a wild poke and wish the persian back to a healthy hp amount.) Payday the pokes that have low base defense, slash the rest, and use water pulse on rock/steel types while shadow balling psychic types. Use milk drink after battles to regain HP if one of the bird keeper's fking dodrios used endeavor or something. My persian has never fainted while doing this and I rarely run out of PP. (Also, the ground types with no normal resist tend to get 1hko'd by payday. They tend to be over lvl 56 too.) I also usually bring a starmie for the double battles.

If you learn which pokes get 1hko'd by payday, it becomes pretty easy to simply never run out of PP assuming you've maxed payday and slash. Just use starmie on all but 1 of the rock types in each hiker battle.

Edited by Phryme