In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

So me, ma boy Plaboons and my cute orange friend Qbeertje decided to go farm Silk Scarfs in Lost Cave for 1 hour. Here are our results.

KaynineXL

1 Hour Farming

3 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Approx = 120k per hour

Platoons

1 Hour Farming

6 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Approx = 240k per hour

Qbeertje(he was afk about 90% of the time so I won't include this)

1 Hour Farming

A measly 1 Silk Scarf @ 69 each

Approx = confirmed cute

Actual approx is around 4-5 Silk Scarfs an hour(I'd say I got unlucky since I didn't find one in 30mins >.> so I'l go with 5)

So me, ma boy Plaboons and my cute orange friend Qbeertje decided to go farm Silk Scarfs in Lost Cave for 1 hour. Here are our results.

KaynineXL

1 Hour Farming

3 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Approx = 120k per hour

Platoons

1 Hour Farming

6 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Approx = 240k per hour

1 Hour Farming

Approx = confirmed cute

Actual approx is around 4-5 Silk Scarfs an hour(I'd say I got unlucky since I didn't find one in 30mins >.> so I'l go with 5)

Why is it worth so much like 40 k?Was staring at your post but couldn't find the aswer.

Do you sell them in the PokeMart or is it worth really 40 k?

I was planning to do Silk Scarf farming, but you were faster, lol.

First farming

Encounters/hour: 100

Silk Scarf: 1x

Profit/hour: $40000

In this first run I was using Meowth with Pay Day and Odor Sleuth with support of a Smeargle with Own Tempo and Spore. When Gastly/Haunter used Confuse Ray I had to do switches, so the whole process was really time-consuming. I forgot to register the profit with Pay Day in this first run.

In the last 10 min I had the idea to use Taunt, so I could avoid switching to Smeargle and switching back to Meowth.

Second farming

Silk Scarf; 4x

Profit/hour: $160000 (Silk Scarf) + $39870 (Pay Day) = $199870 = $200000 rounded up

I thought using Taunt instead switching could save me time, but I encountered the same amount of Pokémon, lol. This time I remembered to register the Pay Day profit. 

In both runs I used Exp Share in a Starmie to EV train it.

First farming

In this first run I was using Meowth with Pay Day and Odor Sleuth with support of a Smeargle with Own Tempo and Spore. When Gastly/Haunter used Confuse Ray I had to do switches, so the whole process was really time-consuming. I forgot to register the profit with Pay Day in this first run.

In the last 10 min I had the idea to use Taunt, so I could avoid switching to Smeargle and switching back to Meowth.

Second farming

Silk Scarf; 4x

Profit/hour: $160000 (Silk Scarf) + $39870 (Pay Day) = $199870 = $200000 rounded up

I thought using Taunt instead switching could save me time, but I encountered the same amount of Pokémon, lol. This time I remembered to register the Pay Day profit. 

Why didn't you just put Shadow ball or something like that on your Meowth to speed up kills and get faster Silk Scarfs? I doubt doing the extra steps so you're able to payday is worth it, I'm sure you'd make more money farming the Silk Scarfs fast.

That second run is really good though. What did you do, I don't fully understand? Did you taunt with a Smeargle, then Odor Sleuth, then switch to Meowth to payday?

KaynineXL

1 Hour Farming

3 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Approx = 120k per hour

Platoons

1 Hour Farming

6 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Approx = 240k per hour

1 Hour Farming

Approx = confirmed cute

First farming

Second farming

Silk Scarf; 4x

I was also planning to do a Silk Scarf farming run from sometime, read the replies here and thought I'd note down the data and share it here. Here are the results:

Encounters/Hours: 112

Silk Scarves obtained: x2

Profit/Hour: $80,000(Silk Scarves) + $14,190(from Paydaying those Zubats, Golbats, Murkrows) = $94,190 

A bit less scarves for me. Also, I used a Meowth with Bite and Payday. Bite to kill those Gastlies, Haunters and MisDs you would encounter and Payday to kill those Zubats, Golbats, Murkrows to get that extra cash there.

Also, using a Taunt and Odor Sleuth Meowth so that you can Payday those ghosts would indeed be a longer process. If I am getting it right, one would first use Taunt to avoid the Confuse Rays and then use Odor Sleuth on them and then use Payday to finally faint them. Too much for too little cash, so yeah I agree with what Kaynine said above you'd make more money by farming those Silk Scarves faster than paydaying the ghosts. Just one extra Silk Scarf would cover the cost of those paydays on ghosts. 

If I do any more runs, I'll edit my reply. Anyhow, thanks for making this guide, really helpful. :)

I was also planning to do a Silk Scarf farming run from sometime, read the replies here and thought I'd note down the data and share it here. Here are the results:

Profit/Hour: $80,000(Silk Scarves) + $14,190(from Paydaying those Zubats, Golbats, Murkrows) = $94,190 

A bit less scarves for me. Also, I used a Meowth with Bite and Payday. Bite to kill those Gastlies, Haunters and MisDs you would encounter and Payday to kill those Zubats, Golbats, Murkrows to get that extra cash there.

Also, using a Taunt and Odor Sleuth Meowth so that you can Payday those ghosts would indeed be a longer process. If I am getting it right, one would first use Taunt to avoid the Confuse Rays and then use Odor Sleuth on them and then use Payday to finally faint them. Too much for too little cash, so yeah I agree with what Kaynine said above you'd make more money by farming those Silk Scarves faster than paydaying the ghosts. Just one extra Silk Scarf would cover the cost of those paydays on ghosts. 

If I do any more runs, I'll edit my reply. Anyhow, thanks for making this guide, really helpful. :)

yeh, I did that too. I used bite+Sball in fact, just to increase the PP there. Lappa berries are very useful.

You must have had a fairly unlucky run there, good luck in your next one.

I'l compile all these numbers and try work out the %, it's a shame I didn't count how many I killed though.

yeh, I did that too. I used bite+Sball in fact, just to increase the PP there. Lappa berries are very useful.

You must have had a fairly unlucky run there, good luck in your next one.

I'l compile all these numbers and try work out the %, it's a shame I didn't count how many I killed though.

I have one more Meowth which has Bite and Faint Attack, so I have also used that earlier to get some extra PPs, didn't brought it this time so used Leppa Berries. 

Yes, scarves were less indeed for me. I could be entirely wrong about this but I think maybe the rate for pickup also changes. I've previously done farming runs where I've got like 9 scarves in 40 kills and runs where I didn't get any scarf at all even after 150 encounters. I have noted a similar pattern with Sticks as well, so there is an observation. :)
Sometime back, me with two other teammates tried to calculate the % rate for it because all three of us kind of observed that rate is not fixed and could change drastically, but sadly we couldn't complete the calculations and records for some reasons and it was left as it is. However, if you plan to do more runs or calculate any stuff and need any help then you can let me know. 

I have one more Meowth which has Bite and Faint Attack, so I have also used that earlier to get some extra PPs, didn't brought it this time so used Leppa Berries. 

Yes, scarves were less indeed for me. I could be entirely wrong about this but I think maybe the rate for pickup also changes. I've previously done farming runs where I've got like 9 scarves in 40 kills and runs where I didn't get any scarf at all even after 150 encounters. I have noted a similar pattern with Sticks as well, so there is an observation. :)
Sometime back, me with two other teammates tried to calculate the % rate for it because all three of us kind of observed that rate is not fixed and could change drastically, but sadly we couldn't complete the calculations and records for some reasons and it was left as it is. However, if you plan to do more runs or calculate any stuff and need any help then you can let me know. 

Hmm, interesting thought shiny rates aren't static, so they could possibly do it with pickup items, but I highly doubt that. 

It's the same with Everstones, I once got 4 Everstones in 4 encounters(I shit you not), and then sometimes I can go 50+ without a single one. It's probably like 5% pickup rate for a Silk Scarf, because it's a small number, it's completely based on luck, one run you could get 1, and the other you could get 10.

edit:

Silk Scarf; 4x

1 Hour Farming - So it's not going to be too far off 100 encounters.

6 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

1 Hour Farming - So it's not going to be too far off 100 encounters.

3 Silk Scarfs @ 40k each

Silk scarfs

3+6+4+2÷4=3.75. Rounded up to 4. So 4%, but I think they wouldn't do a rough number like that, so I'd give an educated guess to say it's 5%.

Thoughts?

Edited by KaynineXL

Why didn't you just put Shadow ball or something like that on your Meowth to speed up kills and get faster Silk Scarfs? I doubt doing the extra steps so you're able to payday is worth it, I'm sure you'd make more money farming the Silk Scarfs fast.

That second run is really good though. What did you do, I don't fully understand? Did you taunt with a Smeargle, then Odor Sleuth, then switch to Meowth to payday?

I used Taunt first, then Odor Sleuth, and finally Pay Day against Gastly/Haunter. 

My method got 100 encounters, while Liquid Frost got 112. I got 4x Silk Scarf with 100 encounters, Liquid Frost got 2x with 112 encounters, you got 4x with 100+ encounters. Encountering 10% more Pokémon doesn't make a huge difference in the end. The chance to drop 1x Silk Scarf in the 10% is small and doesn't guarantee that the player will get it and compensate the profit the player would get with PayDay. If the player has a bad luck and get just one Silk Scarf, at least the Pay Day profits $40000.

My intention is not to show that my method is better or not, because everyone has your own method. Not everyone uses Meowth to Pick Up and even less people would have the patience to breed one with Odor Sleuth. But I think is good to know that there are alternatives and they can be profitable aswell.

Edit: Btw, the price of Silk Scarf is dropping in GTL. :(

Edited by guigoz0rd

I used Taunt first, then Odor Sleuth, and finally Pay Day against Gastly/Haunter. 

My method got 100 encounters, while Liquid Frost got 112. I got 4x Silk Scarf with 100 encounters, Liquid Frost got 2x with 112 encounters, you got 4x with 100+ encounters. Encountering 10% more Pokémon doesn't make a huge difference in the end. The chance to drop 1x Silk Scarf in the 10% is small and doesn't guarantee that the player will get it and compensate the profit the player would get with PayDay. If the player has a bad luck and get just one Silk Scarf, at least the Pay Day profits $40000.

My intention is not to show that my method is better or not, because everyone has your own method. Not everyone uses Meowth to Pick Up and even less people would have the patience to breed one with Odor Sleuth. But I think is good to know that there are alternatives and they can be profitable aswell.

Well, I'm unsure of how many encounters I did, I'm just basing it off how many you guys did. I could have done up to 150.

You should try do a run just straight up killing and see if you make more profit possibly. Curious to see the outcome.

Well, I'm unsure of how many encounters I did, I'm just basing it off how many you guys did. I could have done up to 150.

You should try do a run just straight up killing and see if you make more profit possibly. Curious to see the outcome.

Encounters/hour: 161

Silk Scarf: 7x

Profit/hour: $280.000 + $29.540 (PayDay) = $309.540 = $310.000 rounded up

I used Pay Day and Bite, so I killed 61 more Pokémon and consequently got more profit. 

I guess it makes a huge difference, then.  :blink:

I used Pay Day and Bite, so I killed 61 more Pokémon and consequently got more profit. 

wtf? I can't believe u got 7 silk scarfs in an hour, my lucks sucks BADLY then (I've noticed already in tournaments), fucking rip

Lucky ass 

wtf? I can't believe u got 7 silk scarfs in an hour, my lucks sucks BADLY then (I've noticed already in tournaments), fucking rip

Lucky ass 

I bet I got luck because I disagreed before with Kaynine, haha. Life is ironic as hell.

Edited by guigoz0rd

In 1 hour, platoons got 6. I feel I got unlucky with 3 since I didn't get any for like 30 mins.

I reckon 5-7 is probably the average if you're fast, honestly.

Nice profits bro.