In-depth Money Making Guide - Multiple Methods

Table of Contents
- VS Seeker
- Other

Island Runs
FAQ
Spoiler
1. What are Island runs?
Island runs are when you use rebattle the trainers on the islands(typically isle 5, 6 & 7).
2. Do I need the VS Seeker to rebattle?
Since the new update, you don't. You can simply talk to the trainer you want to rebattle and that's is. Trainers that are rebattled will have higher level Pokemon(around level 50-60), so come prepared.
3. What is 'VS Seeker'?
When VS Seeker is used, trainers in view will indicate if you can rematch them or not. The indication of a rematch is a speech bubble above the trainers heads with a black double exclamation mark (!!). VS Seeker no longer has an on-use cooldown of 100 steps. Trainers that have been rebattled have a 6 hour cooldown.
4. Where do I find a VS Seeker?
You can get VS Seeker from a girl in Vermilion city Pokemon Center.
5. Can I rebattle trainers in Hoenn?
You can although it's not as good cash as Kanto, so I wouldn't recommend rebattling in Hoenn.

Profits

Spoiler

With Amulet coin & no Payday

Note: Rewards vary, they are not static but the change is minimal.

Isle 5
1st PKMN Breeder Alize - $3045
2nd Painter Rayna - $1652
3rd Lady Jacki - $7392
4th Lady Gillian - $7271
5th Painter Celina - $1652
6th Painter Daisy - $1565
7th Youngster Destin - $1652
8th Birdkeeper Milo - $2566
9th Birdkeeper Chaz - $2478
10th Birdkeeper Harold - $2610
= $31,883

Isle 6
1st Juggler Edward - $4350
2nd Hiker Earl - $3718
3rd Hiker Daryl - $3783
4th PokeManiac Hector - $4785
5th Ruin Maniac Stanly - $5132
6th Ruin Maniac Foster - $5132
7th Ruin Maniac Larry - $5220
= $32,120

Isle 7
1st Psychic Rodette - $2138
2nd Psychic Dario - $2175
3rd Aroma lady Miah - $2993
4th Juggler Mason - $4277
5th PKMN Ranger Nicolas - $3588
6th PKMN Ranger Madeline - $3783
7th Young Couple Eve & Jon - $2942
8th Cool Couple Lex & Nya - $2610
9th Tamer Evan - $4350
10th PKMN Ranger Jackson - $3915
11th PKMN Ranger Katelyn - $3915
12th Crush Girl Cyndy - $2610
13th Cooltrainer Leroy - $3783
14th Cooltrainer Michelle - $3848
= $46,927

All islands together
= $110,930

Requirements

• A level 100, typically people would use a Starmie with 4 attacks like the one shown below. You can also use a level 100 Persian with Payday. I usually only use Persian on Isle 5 because they use the fat special walls like Chansey and Clefable so Starmie takes a little longer. You'd probably struggle with the rock and steel types on Isle 6 but maybe if Water Pulse could ohko them it wouldn't be bad, I'v never tried.
     512128be50e3991fe086bc2e98b10b81.png
  • You should always hold an Amulet coin for extra cash.
  • It's probably worth EV training your lvl 100s most used attacking stat(Sp attack for Starmie for example).
  • PP max your moves if you really want to go hard core with this.
  • Having alternative accounts will increase your profits drastically, but it's very tedious to non-stop island run. If you don't mind island runs, I'd do this for sure. If you don't have any, you could do a few alt runs which also gives you nice profits. Here is a guide for alt running Kanto.

Method
Efficient island run  - Defeat green circle trainers.
With this run, you are only battling the most profitable trainers. It's good to use this method when you use multiple alternative accounts, which is decent cash. Use this if you're lazy(like me).

Good all round run  - Defeat green & orange circle trainers.
This is a good run for those that aren't lazy. It's a good all round run which I'd say most people do. Your standard run.

Desperate times run  - Defeat green, orange & red circle trainers.
Maybe you need that extra bit of cash, or you have a lot of leveling to do, that's the only time I'd do these trainers because they don't give much cash or they're too out of the way.

Isle 5
The green dots on the northern island are the best trainers in the game for cash, always do those. The red dots to the north give approx 1.6k each, I don't do those. The red one to the left isn't bad, she gives around 3k, but she's just too out the way to be efficient. The green dots at the bottom right are the bird trainers, they give a approx 2.5k each and are close together, not too bad.
9PiYVUF.png

Isle 6
Do every single trainer here, they are all good with an average 4-5k each win.
OTCxEvJ.png

Isle 7
The two to the north are alright I guess, I do those when I'm not lazy. The first group of green circles to the south are good, the one is a doubles trainer which I'm not fond of but they only have 2 Pokemon and give about 3k, worth it. As you're going east, there is another doubles trainer battle, they have like 5-6 Pokemon and I find double battles annoying when I'm not paying attention so I usually just skip it, you can do it though. The rest to the south are all good, so do those.
8GRVEZw.png

Extra Location:
Route 15
Beauty Olivia -  $5987
Beauty Grace - $6090
9fad94b0b52e73a111d0ed127f94d8d4.png
Route 13
Beauty Sheila - $6090
Beauty Lola - $6090
f7785476632690005f6023f28265dc31.png
Route 11
Gamer Hugo - $6090
Gamer Darian - $5987
Engineer Braxton - $4785
Gamer Jasper - $6090
Engineer Bernie - $5045
Gamer Dirk - $6090
61724ba07971e29aeb767be9d2c54b8f.png
JoHSk5F.png
2becce076231dc588464a66b347c7370.png
Route 10(north of Lavender)
PokeManiac Herman - $5520
8f88752579826687797dc6a93b66dbaf.png
Route 8(west of Lavender)
Gamer Rich - $5785
Gamer Stan -$6090
2e617a5828e5b9eb97c3c265a65bcca4.png
e2c002fd4b6c5cee7aedcac4828cc076.png
Table of Contents
- Payday/Pickup
- Other

Payday
Most people find this so boring, but it is a way to make money so I will provide you with some information. The good thing about Payday is you get straight cash, with no hassle of buying/selling and there is no cooldown on how long you can do it. It's very simple.
Requirements
  • You will need a high level Persian, preferably level 100. You can also use a Fearow/Rapidash but Payday costs BP I believe, so it's not worth it. You can use other Paydaying Pokemon as long as you can OHKO level 40-50 Smeargles.  522d2e2ffee6557935af420fd557ca20.png
  • If you're going to level one up, be sure to breed an attack nature(Adamant, Naughty, Brave, Lonely) along with a decent attack IV stat.
  • You can equip a Choice Band(or Silk Scarf if you can't afford a CB) on your paydayer if you're not level 100 and struggle to OHKO.
Battle Frontier, go to Artisan Cave. Follow the pictures below if you don't know how to find it. This is a really good spot because Smeargles have paper defences and are high level so you'll get plenty of cash from a Payday, not only that but Smeargles are quite a cool shiny. Another good spot is the Cerulean Cave, but I dislike this cave because they are higher levels and you cannot OHKO all of them, especially Magnetons which resist normal moves. You can also Payday in Icefall Cave on Isle 4, the downside to Icefall Cave is the Pokemon are bad shinies, they aren't worth much and the Seels and Dewgongs you probably wouldn't notice are even shiny. Not only that but in Icefall Cave the Pokemon are harder to OHKO than Smeargles but if you can't get to Artisan Cave yet, go Icefall Cave.
fDTPJ7w.png

Pickup + Payday
For this you'll be using a Meowth which can use Payday and Pickup at the same time, if you wanted you could just use a Pickup Pokemon and forget about Payday. This method you'll get a lot of random items which can be worth cash.
Requirements
  • You will want a Meowth(or another Pokemon with Pickup if you don't want to Payday at the same time). You should try give your Meowth an attacking nature(Adamant, Naughty, Brave, Lonely) along with a decent attack IV stat because its got fairly low base attacking stat as it is. It's always handy to put Water Pulse on your Meowth in case a Pokemon resists normal attacks.
     c42a8dce65debe3ebc9994865fb7de64.png
Locations
Artisan Cave(at Battle Frontier) - With Smeargle encounters at levels 40-50, and such low health and defense, they're easy to kill and give a nice amount of cash per payday(best payday spot in the game). On top of that, you can pick up Silk Scarfs and Energy Roots which are both worth additional cash.

Will add more spots soon...
Edited by KaynineXL
Table of Contents
- Farming Items
- Other
Everstones are a good item to farm because they are simple to farm, they are desired by everyone who breeds Pokemon. They have a stable price at around 20k and they sell well. Along the way you'll also find Hard Stones which are much cheaper but they are still desired and will add to your profits.
Notes
  • Both Geodude and Graveler hold Everstones and Hard Stones. 
  • I believe the hold rate is somewhere around 15%
Requirements
  • You should use the Acro Bike to take shortcuts(you can switch bikes at the bike store in Mauville).
  • You should have an Everstone thiefer. The best thiefer is Quagsire because it has the ability Damp which renders explosion useless which is used quite often by Gravelers & Geodudes. It also has good base stats in its defence and health coupled with rock resist for those rock slides. Poliwrath is also a good choice, but the thing that sets Quagsire apart is the fact it can learn Recover as an egg move which allows it to stay much longer.
     6071ee06f5dea3800eb0d5fca42d1a69.png
  • Your thiefer should be level 30 so you don't destroy the item thieved while being high enough to take advantage of the extra stats.
  • PP maxing Thief is a good idea if you want to farm a lot.
Farming Location
Go to Lavaridge Town in Hoenn and follow the picture in the spoiler below.
Spoiler

b8oV5XI.png

Leftovers Farming
I like to farm Leftovers because they are desired which makes them sell well, and for quite a decent amount at 35k-40k each. On top of that, while farming you will encounter some Pokemon that are good shinies, Snorlax for example. I went back and did this method, but it didn't seem to be that great, I'm not sure if the Pickup rate was nerfed or I just got unlucky, so I'l let you guys go out and try it.
Notes
  • Only Snorlax hold Leftovers so run from everything else.
  • The held rate is unknown, but maybe if we get people giving info we could figure it out.
  • With a level 40 as your lead, using Repels you will encounter Snorlax and occasionally Hypno & Venomoth.
Requirements
  • You will need a thiefer. I'm not sure what's the best for this method, but Quagsire or Poliwrath will do just fine. Recover would be nice, although I was lazy and didn't get it on my Quagsire.
     288b7281a5e6bec267e480cfa89b7520.png
  • Your thiefer should be level 40 so you can use the Repel trick to encounter Snorlax more often.
  • If you don't have Recover on your Quagsire, you should stock up on Fresh Water from the vending machine on the top floor of Celadon super market because it's cheap and efficient.
  • Lappa berries might be worth having if you don't want to run back and forth from the PC(although PP maxed Thief would last quite a while).
  • You should stock up on Super Repels, they are more efficient than the other types of repels because they are cheaper per step.
Location & Method
On Island 3, go to Berry forest and go to the location shown below in the picture. Pop your Repel, make sure you have your level 40 thiefer as lead and start biking side to side. Nothing more to it than that, good luck encountering Snorlax, run from everything else.
IZ79f59.png

Fossil Farming
Fossils are not worth too much, and I'm not sure how desired they are, but along the way you do get other stuff like Everstones and Hard Stones so overall you will be left with a bundle of nice items that will sell for profit.
Method
The best method for farming these is rock smashing on Island 1 because their are plenty of rocks and there is a fast way to replenish the rocks.

Heart Scale Farming
Heart Scales are good to farm because they have a fairly common theft rate which keeps you interested, it's nice a relaxing. They have an alright price and they are desired for comp players. I enjoy farming at Ever Grande, it's much better than being stuck in a cave farming Everstones, although I don't think it has as much profit. The profit used to be very good before the held rate got nerfed, it's still alright though. You also have a chance to obtain Red Shards as well, which is always nice since they are quite expensive. Who wouldn't love a chance to capture a shiny Wailmer or Corsola while farming cash?
Requirements
  • You will need a level 40 Quagsire or Poliwrath with Water Absorb and Thief.
     596f7248d783674b00bf254bfdcb504f.png
  • Don't worry about PP maxing because you're right next to a PC, not only that Water Absorb will keep you healthy.
Method
You want to go to Hoenn, and fly to Ever Grande City(bottom), from there just go south and start fishing with your Super Rod. You want to Thief Luvdisc for Heart Scales and Corsola for Red Shards, run from everything else. 
15c067489acfa6b0b30e1122de11972e.png

Shard Farming
Shards are desired and will sell decently. They are quite expensive, especially the green ones.

Location - Green, Yellow & Blue Shards
The best location for Green, Yellow and Blue Shards is Underwater, south of Sootopolis because it's a short distance from a fly location and Relicanth has slightly higher encounter rate here if I recall correctly. Fly to Sootopolis, surf south until you see the dark area where you can dive, dive down and go out the cave and in the grass you will search for Relicanths(for Green Shards), Chinchous(for Yellow Shards) and Clamperls(for Blue Shards). Blue Shards aren't worth too much, so it might be worth running from Clamperls.
dab3e6483e46315c6b88f66427cdaa11.png

Method
Simply thief the Chinchous, Relicanths and Clamperl for your shards. You will want a level 30 Quagsire or Poliwrath with Water Absorb and Thief. 
I accidentally leveled mine to 31 xd
0654ab1fd4a04c82f069c7dca62568eb.png

For Red Shards, I'd probably just farm the Heart Scales location above because you get Heart Scales while you're at it.
Edited by KaynineXL
Table of Contents
- GTL Flipping
- Other

GTL Flipping
GTL flipping is great because you make money while being AFK. You pretty much just need to search for profitable buys every now and then and put them in for higher, they may not sell right away, but eventually they will and you will make money while doing nothing.

Requirements
You will need a bit of cash, I'd recommend at least 100k.

My Method
My method, I like to buy cheap Pokemon(usually under 10k) that I think I can profit from because there is little risk and I don't mind waiting for them to sell since they didn't cost me much.
1. I will search GTL for 25+/25+/25+/X/25+/X and 25+/X/25+/25+/25+/X.
Spoiler

73a2cfd1a94957a08a34ed0d8fe397df.png

089f6aadaab6d75a83ed8b79b339f84b.png

2. Put the listing on 'Lowest Price'

Spoiler

2f9d02c09f9b8336f1895118c87fbece.png

3. Instantly I see this Rhyhorn which is a great buy. It's got nice IVs, and it's male which means it's a breeder, Rhyhorn is Monster/Field which is a very good egg group for breeding. All for just 1.7k and this will sell for 40k-50k. Sure, it might take a while to sell, but it only cost me 1.7k so I'm not exactly losing out.

d9f39f8deafd89bb7f0d1415a23381f3.png

Here is another buy, this Psyduck. It's male so it's a breeder, it's got kinda ok IVs, not as good as Rhyhorn because you generally you would like the Sp atk or Attack to be a little higher at 28+, the good thing is this Psyduck has 24 Attack & 26 Sp Attack as well, and since it's a field breeder it's not bad for someone breeding Arcanine. I'd list this at 30k-45k I think.
6dcc2d04ee2fbaf95cdfd632fc26f24d.png

Do bear in mind, while writing this section of the guide, I found those 2 nice buys. You won't always find stuff to buy, but there are Pokemon coming in every minute so keep checking occasionally.

How do you know what to buy? And how should you price it?
Well, this takes a little experience in the comp scene, since most things you're buying are pretty much to breed comp Pokemon.

One thing to know, usually male Pokemon are better because they are breeders and generally sell better. If they are male, make sure to check out their egg group and see if there is anything in that egg group someone would buy this for. Females are good if it's a Pokemon that are usable in the meta and uses all the IVs you search for, for example, if you buy a female Rhyhorn with 25+/X/25+/25+/25+/X that would be bad, because Rhyhorn doesn't use Sp Attack, if it was male, it's a breeder so it doesn't matter. If Rhyhorn has 25+/25+/25+/X/25+/X and it was female, if it's under 10k that's a good deal because you could breed a nice Rhydon with it.

When selling, it's quite difficult to price, but you should make an educated guess. How good are the IVs? Like I said the Sp attack and Attack are fairly important and are more desired if they are 28+. Is it male or female? That would play a role in the pricing. An important one(if male) is what egg group does the Pokemon belong in, an example of this would be Bug egg group, it's full of some decent Pokemon but pretty much all use attack IVs, and none(that are used in the meta) use Sp attack, so when dealing with Bug egg group you only want attack IVs, not Sp atk.. This is just one example.

Generally, I'l just stick them in for around 50k, but I'd say anywhere from 30k-75k is usually good(maybe even higher if it's very good).
15c326f67e74da1f4bb9ed3c4e37e446.gif
Don't expect them to sell instantly, because that won't happen. Some days none can sell, some days a bunch can sell.

Edited by KaynineXL
Table of Contents
- Berry Farming
- Other

List of useful farming guides:
I'm not sure if any of those are up to date, but they give an idea of how it works.

TL/DR
Spoiler
  1. Buy Harvesting tools in the Flower store at route 104
  2. Harvest berries for seeds using harvesting tools
  3. The berries the plant grows depends on seed combination
  4. Plant seeds in the allotments shown below
  5. Water them once they go down to 1 water droplet(usually takes around 7 hours from 5 droplets)
  6. Each plant species has a different growth time, by hovering over one of the berries they produce, you can find their growth time
  7. Harvest your berries when they have finished growing

Introduction
Firstly, we need to get seeds, there are many different types of seeds and you can use them with different combinations on farming plots, which are located in three different areas in Hoenn to produce a fully grown plant. Each plant blooms after a certain amount of time provided it doesn't die from not being watered or being flooded too often. It should be noted that if a plant is left for a long time after the plant is fully grown it will start to decrease its yield and eventually it will die, so try to harvest your plant as soon as it's fully grown if possible.

Important Facts

• You can hover over berries to see a lot of important information such as the required combination and plant growth time. If you don't have the berry you can check for it in GTL.
  • IMPORTANT: Make sure to check how long it takes for your berries to fully grow, and calculate when they'll be finished. There's no point growing your plants knowing they'll finish in the middle of the night... Try and make sure they finish at a suitable time for you for the best yield.

Spoiler

b9668bf69b508da354f55b20d787fac6.png

Route 120:
Spoiler

e6f214b3fb30f70b2117e3eb53c39839.png

Route 123:
Spoiler

fe1d3ae9ee3dfcb376c85bfaa51e7424.png

What is the Harvesting tool and where can I find it?
The harvesting tool is required to harvest berries to obtain seeds. Every time you use an harvesting tool on a berry, it disappears, leaving you with seeds in return. You can purchase them in the flower shop at Route 104. This beautiful man, Gary, can show you in the spoiler below.
Spoiler

31b8d04e3e3cda1b1e8225dba882bd7c.gif

How can I get seeds?
  • The best way to get seeds is to 'Harvest Seeds' when you click your berries in your bags. Each berry type gives you different seed types. 

da31971649ee7c5ee8eb213822713148.png

• You can purchase seeds in GTL only when the price is right. Any seeds under 1k each is nice I think, but don't get buying too many plain spicy seeds because they're easy to get.
  • You can get seeds by using Pickup, but they aren't common and overall just really not worth it.
  • Trading seeds with other players is a good idea, take a look at my seed trading thread if you need it. Click here for the Seed Trading Hub.

Types of Seeds

DSP2rCG.png

Planting Seeds for to harvest Seeds

'Very' Seed Value = 2

'Plain' Seed Value = 1

If you need to grow a plant such as Rawst Berry, which requires 3 Bitter, you can use x1 Very + x1 Plain or x3 Plain. It's all the same, sometimes you should use Very Seeds because occasionally you'll need the Plain Seeds more than the Very Seeds and you don't want to waste 3 Plain Seeds every time. When you use seeds to harvest seeds, you get much more in return, so it's definitely worth doing to get your seeds.

Use these combinations below to farm your seeds:

Plant 3 Bitter Seeds = Rawst Berry which harvests into Plain & Very Bitter Seeds

Plant 3 Dry Seeds = Chesto Berry which harvests into Plain & Very Dry Seeds

Plant 3 Sour Seeds = Aspear Berry which harvests into Plain & Very Sour Seed

Plant 3 Spicy Seeds = Chari Berry which harvests into Plain & Very Spicy Seeds

Plant 3 Sweet Seeds = Pecha Berry which harvests into Plain & Very Sweet Seeds

Planting Seeds for Berries(Profit)

There are many berries you can grow, but there are specific berries that are better than others for more profit.

Leppa Berry = x1 Plain Bitter, x1 Plain Sweet, x1 Very Spicy

Spoiler

Leppa's are great because they are used often when using Sweet Scent in remote locations for EV training and shiny farming. They are probably the most desired berry so they usually sell the fastest in bulk at a nice price. The combination isn't too hard to get and they take 22 hours to fully grow which is good because it gives you a harvest once per day while not too soon which could make them grow fully whilst you are possibly at work.

Pomeg Berry = x1 Very Spicy, x1 Plain Spicy, x1 Plain Bitter

Kelpsy Berry = x1 Very Dry, x1 Plain Dry, x1 Plain Sour

Qualot Berry = x1 Very Sweet, x1 Plain Sweet, x1 Plain Spicy

Hondew Berry = x1 Very Bitter, x1 Plain Bitter, x1 Plain Dry

Grepa Berry = x1 Very Sour, x1 Plain Sour, x1 Plain Sweet

Tamato Berry = x1 Very Spicy, x1 Plain Spicy, x1 Plain Dry

Spoiler

These are all the EV reducing berries, which are important for competitive players. They are bought quite often and are a lot of the time more expensive than Leppa's. They don't sell as fast as Leppa, and they take longer at 36 hours but the great thing about these berries is they require a 'Very' & 'Plain' seed of the same type, and then an additional plain seed from another type, so farming the seeds to make these is much easier and less time consuming.

Lum Berry = x1 Very Spicy, x1 Very Dry, x1 Very Sweet

Spoiler

They are desired and are quite expensive, but they require a lot of 'Very' seeds and take quite a long time to grow at 48 hours but the harvest is a little bigger than the seeds mentioned above.

Sitrus Berry = x1 Very Sour, x1 Very Bitter, x1 Very Sweet

Spoiler

They take 32 hours to grow and require a lot of 'Very' Seeds, they're not too desired because they're mainly used in Doubles tier which isn't too popular, I would only make them if you notice them at a high price in GTL, but don't harvest them in huge bulk because they would be hard to sell.

Leichi Berry = x1 Very Spicy, x1 Very Sweet, x1 Plain Dry

Salac Berry = x1 Very Sour, x1 Very Sweet, x1 Plain Bitter

Petaya Berry = x1 Very Spicy, x1 Very Bitter, x1 Plain Sour

Spoiler

These are all occasionally used in competitive so they will sell but not as fast as a lot of those berries above. They take a whopping 72 hours to grow and their seeds requirement isn't small. That said, you get an enormous harvest from these, up to 16-18 berries from each plant so these can definitely be good if you don't like planting your berries too often.

Watering Your Berries

88e956ab1808d796a981ada967a62685.png

Every 7 hours is good but that's if you want maximum yield, they could probably last up to like 12 hours without water. Your yield starts to decrease once no water droplets are highlighted or when the five droplets are flashing, indicating the patch is flooded. The more efficient way to water your berries is water when just 1 water droplet is highlighted because no harm will be done to your plants and it will mean you can spend more time doing other things.

Make sure you register your Wailmer Pail onto a hotkey as it makes the dialog much much faster!

oBmdIU6.png

Berry Powder

You can click your berries and crush them to make Berry Powder which is an ingredient for making the desired PP UP/Max which is very much needed for competitive players. Sometimes it's better to sell your berries because you can often get more profit, but if the berry doesn't sell well or harvest into any valuable seeds your looking for you could crush them.

Edited by KaynineXL
Table of Contents
- Other

Alt Running
Alt running is a decent way to make cash and acquire a lot of supplies that you could sell or keep. Not only that, but you'll have another island running alt if you choose to alt run in Kanto, along with a sweeper that you used to alt run. I believe Hoenn has more overall profit, but Kanto gives you a new alt account to island runs, so you should pick depending on what you want to do after. 

Here are some guides made by Forfiter which explains everything you need to know about alt runs.

Ditto Farming
Ditto farming can make very good money, but it does require a little luck to pull in big profits, either way, you will always profit. I find it quite fun and GTL provides an easy platform to sell your Dittos with little hassle. Make sure keep those 1x31s Dittos and sell them for 10k-20k each, they add up and gives you a steady income while the breeder dittos bring in the big cash.

From someone who has farmed Dittos A LOT, I can tell you this guide has everything you need to know about Ditto farming.

Lucky Egg Farming
Haha, well.. This one really does go by the name, it heavily relies on luck, that said, if you do find yourself a Lucky Egg they are selling for absurd prices right now. It's also quite nice to do when you want to sit back, chill and listen to some music.
Go to Fuchsia Safari Park and follow the picture below. Make sure you bring a Pokemon with Surf!
P6qzsjt.png
Method
Simply start encountering in the area shown above in the Picture. Run from everything unless it's a Chansey. When you encounter a Chansey, the most successful method is feed once and start throwing balls. Do not try the repel trick here, because it does not work. Chansey is a rare encounter and they are hard to catch.. not only that but Lucky Eggs aren't too common either, so good luck getting that Egg. My first ever Chansey catch had a Lucky Egg, just thought I'd brag about that here. Have fun and good luck.

Breeding Pokemon to Sell

Another alternative method of making money is by breeding competitive Pokémon and selling them for a profit, however, some Pokemon are better to breed for this purpose than others. I’ll be going over four of which I feel are good choices for this section. Before any of that, your primary concern is going to be making a profit, you need to make sure that whatever you make, you sell for a profit. Be sure to EV train them and level to 50 to maximize your profits. Here is an OU guide, you can use this to understand what EV spreads to give to your Pokemon - Made by GBush.

Breeding requires not only a bunch of Everstones and Braces, but it also requires time. Make sure to factor in how much time it's taken you to breed the Pokemon and estimate if you could have made more profit using another method. Of course, even if you don't make as much money, you may enjoy breeding, so in that case it's a win win either way.

gyarados.gif

First off we have Magikarp, the reasons Magikarp is a good choice for making money are:

• Magikarp cannot learn any egg moves, this means that you don’t have to spend any time making sure your final comp has certain egg moves.
  • Magikarps can be male or female, this will make it easier to breed than the other Pokémon I will be mentioning later, so this is a good beginner breeder comp.
  • Magikarp are common, so finding them will be no concern.
  • Gyarados commonly run a combination of Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Crunch, Earthquake, none of these moves require Battle Point moves so they are easy to teach.
  • Gyarados is very popular in OU, so the demand for this comp is quite high.
  • Gyarados has a diverse move pool which means players may want multiple Gyarados with multiple movesets which makes it more desired.

The rest of the Pokémon I will cover will all be Genderless, this means they cannot breed with anything other than a Ditto, as a result of this Competitive Pokémon that are genderless are entirely forgiven for not having perfect IVs and will usually just try to make sure that they have at least 25+ in relevant stats.

metagross.gif

Secondly we have Beldum, which may arguably be the best comp to breed in this list simply due to how notorious and popular Metagross is in the OU metagame. You don't need 31 speed, but it HEAVILY increases the price. I would try breed Adamant 25+/28+/25+/x/25+/25+ to start with. Metagross can use multiple natures, adamant is the most popular, jolly is good if you manage to get 31 speed, there are even natured for mixed attackers but I won't get into that here, I'd rather keep things simple.

• Beldum, once again cannot learn egg moves, this time due to being genderless.
  • They are rare encounters in Meteor Falls so it can be tricky to find, but once you find an one with adamant nauture or one with 25+ IVs in one or two stats you are good to go!
  • Genderless Pokemon such as Metagross are very desired and go for an extortionate amount of cash, this is why they're good to breed with.
  • It's worth always checking GTL for cheap Dittos you think would be good for breeding genderless Pokemon like Metagross, once you've got some, then go make a Metagross.

starmie.gif

Third we have Staryu, while Starmie may not be as popular in usage as Metagross, it is still very commonly used and has a similar standards to Metagross.

• Staryu can be found using a super rod in many locations at a fairly uncommon rate, so it’s not too difficult to catch.
  • Starmie can be run with Leftovers, Specs’d, Scarf’d, or even Life Orb and would still be viable. It can run Rapid spin, which can be valuable to have on at least one team, so there is incentives to run it.
  • A common moveset is Surf/Psychic/Recover/Rapid Spin, Surf is a free HM move and the rest are all level up moves so you don't need to waste you cash on any of those(Psychic is learnt by Staryu at level 42, so don't level it until then).
  • Starmie will be happy with either a Timid or Modest nature, you want to get 31 speed on Timid nature ones, Modest ones you can get away with not having 31 speed although it will lower your final sale price. Special attack, try get that at 28+ and HP, Def + Sp Def at 25+.

magneton.gif

Fourth and finally we have Magnemite, Magnemite breeding will probably be the most difficult because of how important it is that a Magneton has the correct Hidden Power. Generally, you want your Magneton to have HP Fire/ice/grass, below is a chart showing all possible combinations for these three HP types:

Ice:
ODD/ODD/ODD/ODD/ODD/EVEN

EVEN/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD/ODD

ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD/ODD

ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD/ODD

Grass:

EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD

ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/ODD

EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD

ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD

EVEN/ODD/ODD/EVEN/ODD/ODD

Fire:
EVEN/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

ODD/ODD/EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

EVEN/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN/ODD/EVEN

HP  /  Attack   /   Defence  /  Special Attack /  Special Defence / Speed

HP  / Attack / Defence / Special Attack / Special Defence / Speed

• HP Fire can be guaranteed as long as Special Attack and Speed are EVEN and Special Defence is ODD.
  • HP Ice/Grass is not as easy, you simply have to make sure that the final IV combination matches one of the of the combinations listed above.
  • 31 speed on HP Ice/Grass raises the price of your Magneton by a lot, whereas HP Fire cannot get 31 speed, so you should try get 30/28 if possible although I would still be happy with as low as 24.

I would only really take on this challenge if you already have the Dittos for it, it's very challenging but also very rewarding if you're successful.

A large portion of credits go to Matoka for making this breeding section. Appreciate your help.

Edited by KaynineXL

Putting this here just in case I need it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Profit Per Hour - This is outdated and was never completed. I decided to retire this section for now and replace it with Recommendations.
Spoiler

Profit Per Hour
  1. Kanto Alt Run - 223k per hour
  2. Shard Farming(Yellow, Blue, Green) - 146k per hour
  3. Island Run - 129k per hour
  4. Everstone Farming - 93k per hour
  5. Payday - 56k per hour (Artisan Cave)
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???
  10. ???

Island Run
Spoiler

User: KaynineXL

Method: Efficient
Approx: 147k per hour
Spoiler

I earned $98,070 in 40 minutes to be exact.

Method: Good all round run

Approx: 112k per hour

Spoiler

I earned $101,130 in roughly 45 minutes

Everstone Farming
Spoiler

Calculations based off current GTL shard prices which may vary:

Everstone: 20k

Hard Stone: 1.5k

Updated on 18/05/2016

Approx = 120k per hour
Spoiler

1 Hour Everstone Farming = 6 Everstones

User: Uncandango
Approx = 80k per hour
Spoiler

125 encounters per hour

Estimating loot per hour:

1.33x Hard Stone (1500)

3x Everstone (20000)

1.33 Charcoal (14000)

With current prices: 80k/h

+--------------+-----------+ +----------------------------+
| Sample size: | 375 | | Item Distribution |
+--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+----------------+
| Pokémon | Enc. Rate | Item Rate | Everstone | H. Stone/Charc |
| Geodude | 41,9% | 2,5% | 100,0% | 0,0% |
| Graveler | 20,8% | 11,5% | 55,6% | 44,4% |
| Torkoal | 33,3% | 3,2% | 0,0% | 100,0% |
| Horde | 4,0% | N/A | N/A | N/A |

4x Charcoal

9x Everstone

4x Hard Stone

Approx = 83k per hour
Spoiler

70 encounters:
4x Everstones @ 20k ea = 80k
1x Hard Stone @ 3k

Leftovers Farming
Spoiler

Fossil Farming(Rock smashing)
Spoiler

Heart Scale Farming
Spoiler

Shard Farming
Spoiler

Calculations based off current GTL shard prices which may vary:

Blue Shards: 7k

Yellow Shards: 17k

Green Shards: 17k

Red Shards: 28k

Updated on 18/05/2016

Item shop sale price:

Deepseascale: 1.5k

Deepseatooth: 1.5k

Big Pearl: 3.75k

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: Uncandango

Approx = 184k per hour

Shard Type: Yellow, Blue, Green

Spoiler

I think we can do 100 encounters per hour.

Estimating loot per hour:

0.66x Big Pearl

6x Blue Shards

2.33x Deepseascale

2.33x Green Shards

5.66x Yellow shards

With current prices: 184k/h

+--------------+-----------+           +--------------------+
| Sample size: |    300    |           | Item Distribution  |
+--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------+
| Pokémon      | Enc. Rate | Item Rate | Shards    | Others |
| Chinchou     | 47,7%     | 10,5%     | 73,3%     | 26,7%  |
| Lanturn      | 19,0%     | 15,8%     | 66,7%     | 33,3%  |
| Clamperl     | 25,0%     | 26,7%     | 90,0%     | 10,0%  |
| Relicanth    | 5,3%      | 43,8%     | 100,0%    | 0,0%   |
| Horde        | 3,0%      | Varies    | Varies    | Varies |

Total loot:

2x Big Pearl

18x Blue Shards

7x Deepseascale

7x Green Shards

17x Yellow shards

Appox = 103k

Spoiler

1 Hour Farming:

5 Blue Shards, 2 Yellow Shards, 2 Green Shards

User: Kurodashi

Approx = 151.5k

Spoiler

1 Hour Farming:

6 Blue, 4 Yellow, 2 Green, 2 Big Pearl

Payday
Spoiler

User: guigoz0rd

Encounters/hour: 129

Profit/hour: 56k

Pickup
Spoiler

Alt Running(Kanto)
Spoiler

User: hihats

Approx: 223k per hour
Spoiler

Average Time:  6 hours
Average Profit: 1.4m
Kanto Alt Run TIME            KANTO PROFIT           KANTO PROFIT /hour
8.88                                     1360000                       153153
5.53                                     1481874                       260200
6.13                                     1428447                       232899
5.15                                     1394810                       271100

Alt Running(Hoenn)
Spoiler

Ditto Farming
Spoiler

Feel free to give me some data on your profits per hour. Do make sure you go into a bit of detail on how you worked out the profits etc.
Edited by KaynineXL

i think you can get leftovers from the other pokemons in berry forest too. I´m not 100% sure tho.

nice guide :)

Pretty sure only Snorlax holds Leftovers, although when you use Pickup, it can be any Pokemon in Berry Forest.

Nice guide. :) Like the Pick Up guide, is very informative and useful.

I have some contributions to make:

Island Runs

• You can use a Persian Lv100 in the NPC battles too, because you can use Pay Day one time in the battle and get extra $400-500. The Starmie could use another item, while Persian uses Amulet Coin.
  • In the Desperate Times Run, you could add the trainers of Green Path and Outcast Island, in Island 6. Same thing for Tanoby Ruins in Island 7. These trainers are far away, but for someone desperate they are profitable.
  • You could include some trainers of Bond Bridge and Kindle Road, some of them give considerable money.
  • There are trainers in routes of Kanto that give some good money too. Not sure about the amount, need to be checked. The ones that give less money could be included in Desperate Times Run.

Leftovers Farming

• Farming Leftovers without Pick Up is not smart. I used Pick Up there in 100 encounters and got 2 Leftovers and captured a Snorlax with 1. If I had used your method, I would have ended with only 1 Leftovers instead 3. Also, you should not run from everything else, because these Pokémon are level 30-40, so using Pay Day while farming will give you some good money.

Silk Scarf Farming

• Lost Cave is more profitable that most people know of. Using a Lv100 Meowth with PayDay and Odor Sleuth makes you hit the ghosts with PayDay, while using Pick Up. They only know Shadow Ball/Shadow Punch as offensive moves, so they won't touch Meowth, giving the chance to use Odor Sleuth and then PayDay. The only problem is Confuse Ray, and is not really a problem, because my Meowth knows Rest to recover and I switch to a Smeargle with Own Tempo and Spore specialized in catching (which is very common and most people would not have to make one). Destiny Bond is not a problem, just use Odor Sleuth until the ghost uses another move. Lost Cave is great to train Special Attack and Speed at the same time. So you can do EV Training, farm Silk Scarf and get profit with PayDay. 
  • If you wanna stay in Lost Cave without having to surf everytime you run out of pp, you can use Rest in Meowth to recover its hp and then encounter a weak Pokémon, like Tentacool, to wake up. You can also carry some Awakenings, they are cheaper than berries. You could also mention Leppa Berry.

PayDay

• Well, someone already mentioned Artisan Cave, but... this place is great, because Smeargles are weak and are OHKO'ed easily by Persian and are in a high level. Shiny Smeargle isn't bad too.

Nice guide. :) Like the Pick Up guide, is very informative and useful.

I have some contributions to make:

Love this reply. Thanks. I'l run down on what you said.

[spoiler]

• You can use a Persian Lv100 in the NPC battles too, because you can use Pay Day one time in the battle and get extra $400-500. The Starmie could use another item, while Persian uses Amulet Coin.

This is very true, I feel it's quite obvious if people want to do this. I'm, lazy so I wouldn't do this, I hate switching. If you use alt accounts to do alt runs, having a high level Persian would be frustrating to obtain along with a high level Starmie.

• In the Desperate Times Run, you could add the trainers of Green Path and Outcast Island, in Island 6. Same thing for Tanoby Ruins in Island 7. These trainers are far away, but for someone desperate they are profitable.

I didn't actually know about these.. I should have checked them out. I probably won't add them unless they pay very well since they are so far out. I'l check them out for sure though.

• You could include some trainers of Bond Bridge and Kindle Road, some of them give considerable money.

I will probably add more Paydaying trainers outside of Isle 5,6,7 in the future, I'v not checked these trainers out, but I will :)

• There are trainers in routes of Kanto that give some good money too. Not sure about the amount, need to be checked. The ones that give less money could be included in Desperate Times Run.

I do have the Beauties on Route 13,14 written down in the guide since they pay well. I'm pretty sure there are more, I'l have to have a look around unless I can get Forfiter to tell me the good ones since he probably kills them often.

• Farming Leftovers without Pick Up is not smart. I used Pick Up there in 100 encounters and got 2 Leftovers and captured a Snorlax with 1. If I had used your method, I would have ended with only 1 Leftovers instead 3. Also, you should not run from everything else, because these Pokémon are level 30-40, so using Pay Day while farming will give you some good money.

I don't know about now, but before, it used to be very good. Much better than Pickup rates. I went there again and it wasn't as good, so maybe it was nerfed. I'm so used to using a Linoone there because I didn't have my Meowth at the time, that's why I said run from everything else. I'l update that.

• Lost Cave is more profitable that most people know of. Using a Lv100 Meowth with PayDay and Odor Sleuth makes you hit the ghosts with PayDay, while using Pick Up. They only know Shadow Ball/Shadow Punch as offensive moves, so they won't touch Meowth, giving the chance to use Odor Sleuth and then PayDay. The only problem is Confuse Ray, and is not really a problem, because my Meowth knows Rest to recover and I switch to a Smeargle with Own Tempo and Spore specialized in catching (which is very common and most people would not have to make one). Destiny Bond is not a problem, just use Odor Sleuth until the ghost uses another move. Lost Cave is great to train Special Attack and Speed at the same time. So you can do EV Training, farm Silk Scarf and get profit with PayDay. 
  • If you wanna stay in Lost Cave without having to surf everytime you run out of pp, you can use Rest in Meowth to recover its hp and then encounter a weak Pokémon, like Tentacool, to wake up. You can also carry some Awakenings, they are cheaper than berries. You could also mention Leppa Berry.

I'v never actually tried the alt run to obtain Silk Scarfs, I'v heard about it, and I think it's good, I will have to check it out I guess. I have heard the Thief rate in Lost Cave is pretty good, so maybe I should showcase that a bit better in my guide, I'l have to try that as well see what I think.

• Well, someone already mentioned Artisan Cave, but... this place is great, because Smeargles are weak and are OHKO'ed easily by Persian and are in a high level. Shiny Smeargle isn't bad too.

Totally agree, I checked it out few hours back and it's really good. Updated the guide with this.

[/spoiler]

edit:

Oh wait, when you say don't run from everything else at Berry Forest... Because I'm using a Quagsire to thief the leftovers instead of Pickup/Payday you run from everyone else.

Edited by KaynineXL

Oh wait, when you say don't run from everything else at Berry Forest... Because I'm using a Quagsire to thief the leftovers instead of Pickup/Payday you run from everyone else.

You don't need to use Thief farming Leftovers. A Smeargle can use False Swipe, for example, and then if Snorlax carry Leftovers you will know because the system message. :P

You don't need to use Thief farming Leftovers. A Smeargle can use False Swipe, for example, and then if Snorlax carry Leftovers you will know because the system message. :P

Yep, or you'll just see the recovery, but thieving is faster than catching ;)

Edited by KaynineXL

Amazing guide. Simply AMAZING! 

I have some questions, With amulet coin, I have it on Persian with Payday. Does the Amulet coin work without using pay day? How to you know it works? It doesn't say "you got XX coins from Amulet Coin"

Does it "activate" only if the first pokemon in party has it or in battle too?

Thanks.