Tradeable/ sellable Rare Candies

RysPicz

Question

Today is exactly a year since the original thread was posted, not much has changed since then but I hope to put this case in some new light.

I don't really see the reason why these cannot be tradeable/ sellable in shops. I have sold at least 4 times already my rare candies from alts, mystery boxes (yea) and from the christmas gifts and stuff to other people. Here is a perfect example. I am selling them 10k a piece and they usually sell instantly. 2400 per candy sold to shop is nothing compared to 10000 you can get from player.

I can understand somewhat that you will get another money income (which is tiny), but at least for god's sake make them tradeable, this is just a waste of time for a lot of players. Or give me a reason solid enough to prove that what I'm suggesting is wrong.

23 answers to this question

Well you pretty much can sell your rare candies in the form of a leveling service.  "Hey i have 20 rare candies i will charge you 2k for each one i use on your pokemon"  "ok"  "ok send me 40k and the pokemon you want leveled" "ok"  then you just trade them back.

Well you pretty much can sell your rare candies in the form of a leveling service.  "Hey i have 20 rare candies i will charge you 2k for each one i use on your pokemon"  "ok"  "ok send me 40k and the pokemon you want leveled" "ok"  then you just trade them back.

That's a level of unnecessary risk. You have to physically trade another person a pokemon for them to rare candy it, but with tradeable ones, there is no risk involved. 

I'm lazy and just got my first 6 pokemon to 100 just yesterday(My sig) and I'm lazy to play since I took so much time to level my pokemon to 100. I was so done that my last pokemon I used rare candies from you get IG to level him up since I was so done with leveling..

I keep trying to look on GTL for Rare Candies.. But lol and I still from time to time do it because I'm lazy. 

This suggestion probably never pass because people would just buy rare candies and after a month, the "rare candy stash" would be gone since everyone would try to buy and level their pokemon up. Then again I hope we can buy/sell rare candies.

Edited by AppleJacks

There are currently 3 or 4 methods of getting Rare Candies. Completing the story line, 14 for Kanto, 13 for Hoenn, Mystery boxes (16 out of 110 boxes(15%)), Christmas presents, and maybe Goodie Bags. It would be awesome to have the ability to transfer to your main when you finished another alt, yes, yes devs dont like alt runs, but lets be honest they are too good not to do/have. Because its extremely annoying transfering pokes to your alt to lvl them, think of happiness for example.

Tl;dr, make em tradeble

Hoenn has 16 candies but that's just a sidenote, Hoenn alts suck.
If you don't want to make them sellable (30 candies x 2400 makes 72k which isn't a small amount and this is an argument I can understand) at least make them tradeable. Unsellable and untradeable together makes no sense.

at least make them tradeable. Unsellable and untradeable together makes no sense.

Making them tradeable makes them sellable to other players.

Their current lockdown/purpose is purely for personal level use, they may have some form of market impact in the future but not now.

We currently don't want you to gain monetary benefit from Rare Candies, it makes perfect sense.

Of course there are ways round the restrictions, but they are discouraging to most.

Making them tradeable makes them sellable to other players.
Their current lockdown/purpose is purely for personal level use, they may have some form of market impact in the future but not now.
We currently don't want you to gain monetary benefit from Rare Candies, it makes perfect sense.

Of course there are ways round the restrictions, but they are discouraging to most.

Please look at my first post and my trading thread. I somewhat understand you want candies for personal use but take a peek on my trading thread. People do buy them. Earler my 3 big stacks of candies vanished instantly.
Making them untradeable just adds a unnecessary risk to players who are buying them, besides, it adds another unnecessary effort while trading a poke to friend, relogging to alt, leveling and taking the poke back when I could just transfer them to main.

People gain a monetary benefit either way.  This is simply for making it easier and safer to trade rare candies. 

it adds another unnecessary effort while trading a poke to friend, relogging to alt, leveling and taking the poke back when I could just transfer them to main.

That is exactly the point.

Selling/trading them is not meant to be convenient because we don't want you to be doing it.

I'm sure we will look into properly addressing the issue properly in the near future, but just removing the restrictions when the only reliable method to obtain them is via alt runs is not the way to do it.

Yes it happens, but it would only happen more often if the convenience was there - this is why your stock sells so well.

Thanks for the answer Darkshade.

Selling/trading them is not meant to be convenient because we don't want you to be doing it.

This is all that basically had to be said, even though it just seems super weird for me. At least I know that it won't happen.

Guess this can be closed

I really can't see a reason to not make rare candies tradeable, its not like leveling up pokemon is hard. Countless people have level 100's, just put a exp share on a mon and go for a joyride. It would make sense if it was a item that was op like masterballs, however its not that useful beyond early game.

I really can't see a reason to not make rare candies tradeable, its not like leveling up pokemon is hard. Countless people have level 100's, just put a exp share on a mon and go for a joyride. It would make sense if it was a item that was op like masterballs, however its not that useful beyond early game.

I'd argue its most useful late game, especially for pokemon that are awful at killing things, getting those last few levels is a lot quicker pressing two buttons than it is getting the exp through ko'ing things.

I'd argue its most useful late game, especially for pokemon that are awful at killing things, getting those last few levels is a lot quicker pressing two buttons than it is getting the exp through ko'ing things.

If you talking about lvl95-100, there is literally no point in leveling a pokemon to level hundred. If people want to do that to satisfy their ocd of having a pokemon level not be even, then power to them. You act like there is an advantage to having a level 100 pokemon vs a lvl95, there is not. Having rare candies tradeable would barely affect the game at all. Also I got more level hundreds than I need from grinding islands over and over and over and over again.

The only content available to players who have beaten the story line is competitive battling which automatically changes the pokemons level to 50. I honestly would not waste my money on rare candies if they were available to trade.

Edited by Weedle

If you talking about lvl95-100, there is literally no point in leveling a pokemon to level hundred. If people want to do that to satisfy their ocd of having a pokemon level not be even, then power to them. You act like there is an advantage to having a level 100 pokemon vs a lvl95, there is not. Having rare candies tradeable would barely affect the game at all. Also I got more level hundreds than I need from grinding islands over and over and over and over again.

The only content available to players who have beaten the story line is competitive battling which automatically changes the pokemons level to 50. I honestly would not waste my money on rare candies if they were available to trade.

Battle tower and battle frontier both have level 100 modes as well if I recall correctly. Some players level to 100 for those.

Battle tower and battle frontier both have level 100 modes as well if I recall correctly. Some players level to 100 for those.

It's actually Open Level. As I'm sure you know, this means all enemy Pokemon scale to match your highest level. Once again, not a reason to level all the way to 100.

It's actually Open Level. As I'm sure you know, this means all enemy Pokemon scale to match your highest level. Once again, not a reason to level all the way to 100.

I accidentally entered the open level singles challenge in BF the other day with 3 level 50s and the other team was all level 100s

More importantly, we'll likely need 100s for future PVE content. This is all but confirmed and common knowledge at this point Edited by Gunthug

Can confirm, unlike TT which scale to your highest level pokemon, battle frontiers open level is level 100 opponent pokemon only, you can however bring pokemon of any level that you want to it.  Is intentional/the way its supposed to work.

Can confirm, unlike TT which scale to your highest level pokemon, battle frontiers open level is level 100 opponent pokemon only, you can however bring pokemon of any level that you want to it.  Is intentional/the way its supposed to work.

"Supposed to work"

Actually, the Open Level in Emerald scaled with your Pokemon as low as level 60. I don't know if this is what you meant, but I felt it should be mentioned.

to be honest if rare candies were sellable would probably be 20k-30k for one. According to the logic of the mods posted so far vitamins should be untradable since you can save time in exchange for cash.

Edited by Weedle

to be honest if rare candies were sellable would probably be 20k-30k for one. According to the logic of the mods posted so far vitamins should be untradable since you can save time in exchange for cash.

While those prices are likely true for Rare Candies your point about vitamins is not really valid. Vitamins are renewable and the restriction on them was removed to save time in EV training. You used to only be limited to 100 evs with vitamins.

While those prices are likely true for Rare Candies your point about vitamins is not really valid. Vitamins are renewable and the restriction on them was removed to save time in EV training. You used to only be limited to 100 evs with vitamins.

So basically after rereading the thread the only reason I have seen given for rare candies not being tradable is you guys don't want people to be able to make money from selling them. To me its not that strong of a reason, as I believe leveling a pokemon once is not that important. There are leveling services on trading forums that already charge like 5k/10k/15k depending on the level of the pokemon. If you want to deny people money then just make hard stones untradable, and star pieces untradable. Just cut trade out of the game entirely, I think that will prevent people from making yen, and they will have to spend even longer grinding islands to save up for a competitive mon.

So basically after rereading the thread the only reason I have seen given for rare candies not being tradable is you guys don't want people to be able to make money from selling them. To me its not that strong of a reason, as I believe leveling a pokemon once is not that important. There are leveling services on trading forums that already charge like 5k/10k/15k depending on the level of the pokemon. If you want to deny people money then just make hard stones untradable, and star pieces untradable. Just cut trade out of the game entirely, I think that will prevent people from making yen, and they will have to spend even longer grinding islands to save up for a competitive mon.

I believe the issue is that Rare Candies are only obtained through the storyline (with the exception of luck based mystery boxes and events). Devs don't want alt runs to be a method players use to make money, whether this deters that or not is another matter. Being able to sell Rare Candies would just add another plus point to alt runs.

I believe the issue is that Rare Candies are only obtained through the storyline (with the exception of luck based mystery boxes and events). Devs don't want alt runs to be a method players use to make money, whether this deters that or not is another matter. Being able to sell Rare Candies would just add another plus point to alt runs.

Exp shares are an alt run only item and they sell for 90k~  I feel like that would be a more appropriate item to trade lock than rare candies. The real  problem seems to be is that alt runs are more enjoyable and profitable than grinding islands. 

Edited by Weedle