Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

fine i'll give it a second try but i need to know if my prediction was right and it's a let down or if the show does something unexpected and different

If you wanna talk more about anime, Pm me in game.

1 minute ago, EmoDuck said:

Its something different.

ty i needed this.

also sao and log horizon are really nothing alike other then the premise of isekai. sao quickly goes the way of a hero fantasy and is all about the hero killing all the bad guys and getting shit done because hes awesome and everyone else sucks. log horizon is more of a thinkers show and goes about solving the problems of their world like economy, morale, and diplomacy through the combined skills of many people, and while there is one "hero" his skills are limited to a single field and his weakness are covered by his friends. the problems are not "some guy with a sword" so often as "how do we get the resources to get this done?" or "we need to gather knowledge to figure out thing". he environment is not so much the enemy as other players and them being stuck.

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

ty i needed this.

also sao and log horizon are really nothing alike other then the premise of isekai. sao quickly goes the way of a hero fantasy and is all about the hero killing all the bad guys and getting shit done because hes awesome and everyone else sucks. log horizon is more of a thinkers show and goes about solving the problems of their world like economy, morale, and diplomacy through the combined skills of many people, and while there is one "hero" his skills are limited to a single field and his weakness are covered by his friends. the problems are not "some guy with a sword" so often as "how do we get the resources to get this done?" or "we need to gather knowledge to figure out thing". he environment is not so much the enemy as other players and them being stuck.

I love alot of anime on my list, and some anime have the same storyline, they meet in a game and so on....and become friends in real at school.

• 2 weeks later...

made in abyss s2 confirmed 

also black clover is kinda annoying and slow but maybe its going somewhere eventually? idk pretty meh lots of filler.

mahoutsukai is good

shoujo shuumastsu is pretty good. its pretty tame so far but hinting at a lot of dark shit and i think the shows going there eventually the way many other shows bring the horror late trying to catch you off guard. 

kenkkai sensen is absurd and a good time

children of the whales got dark fast and is one of the top show for me this season. possibly one of the best this year.

dies irae sucked. just about everythign abotu it was bad. the animation, story, charcetrs, fights, ect

garo is kinda bleh but i have only seen 2 episodes yet

inuyashiki is interesting and worth watching but not 10/10. tl;dr a guy accidentally gets killed by aliens and they give him a robot body then send him on his way. he 50 something and married and his family hates him and he has no friends and now hes a cyborg covered in weapons and armor. fun fun fun with shiba inus

also heard some good things about uq holder so im going to give it a try

3 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

also black clover is kinda annoying and slow but maybe its going somewhere eventually? idk pretty meh lots of filler.

its the new naruto

mahoutsukai is good

it is

kenkkai sensen is absurd and a good time

it is

children of the whales got dark fast and is one of the top show for me this season. possibly one of the best this year.

ill check that one out

dies irae sucked. just about everythign abotu it was bad. the animation, story, charcetrs, fights, ect

the supposed action that they will throw in eventually wont make up for it

inuyashiki is interesting and worth watching but not 10/10. tl;dr a guy accidentally gets killed by aliens and they give him a robot body then send him on his way. he 50 something and married and his family hates him and he has no friends and now hes a cyborg covered in weapons and armor. fun fun fun with shiba inus

i find both MCs annoying

16 minutes ago, axx said:

its the new naruto

no because narutos MC wasnt nearly as annoying, and they at least had a good setting and some good plot and characters. 

this show the setting seems more afterthought and very cliche. their is a single memorable part of the landscape and they quickly make it less interesting as it is where the MC goes and does a 1000 push ups and pull ups a day blah blah blah. the characters are all bleh with not a lot going into them. the only people who get a little backstory are the two main characters and like. their is no information given abotu anyone who doesnt join the cast as a hero or villain. you are told a little bit about one guy who obviously and quickly becomes a villain. you are briefly told a little about a girl who obviously becomes a ally in a few episodes. their are a large number of knight guilds or whatever and you get told a whole lot about two which are the two the main characters end up in 2 episodes later. 

their is nothing about any of the others except a name and a sentence about the leaders in one big dump and one person said one line about one other guild once. the first 7 minutes or so of each episode is a recap and the song and the last 3-4 minutes are the ending credits song and the "next week" thin and it's only 23 minutes or so episodes. of the 30 minute "block" of time you get 10 minutes of content. and after "commercial breaks" they recap sometimes. they are stretching it from the source material waaaaay to thin and not putting any effort into it and it shows badly. they could have fit the last 5 episodes into one or two and it would have significantly helped the show. we dont need a 5 minute multi day walk to the capital that you can see from the church in the main episode.

also mc voice actor is the worst i have ever heard ever and i hope they dub it because no one could do worse.

tl'dr it's bad for it's own reasons and i can see that if they werent fucking this up so badly it could maybe have been less bad and maybe even good. i like shonen shit like naruto =/

30 minutes ago, axx said:

i find both MCs annoying

i find one of them annoying and eventually the old guy i stopped finding annoying right around the time he strips and struggles to learn how to fly to run into a fire to save a crying girls family and then starts crying. when he was pitiful he was annoying but he stopped being pitiful and got shit done.

all that is pretty naruto-like

ie: "their is a single memorable part of the landscape and they quickly make it less interesting as it is where the MC" goes to graffiti and shit

if we had never watched naruto it wouldn't be as cliche since its pretty much the same

it has pace issues and many characters are meh or downright annoying, but once it gets to 30 episodes or so there will be more development and ofc fillers

overall its pretty terrible and we can agree on that, but arguing that naruto is any better is silly

but like literally one building from the entire town is ever shown except in the flash back where everything is blurred so they didnt have to draw it all. naruto at least had a lot of buildings and many were unique and revisited and gone into and such. 

but yea naruto is better trust me i watched over 100 episodes