Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

I tried ToG, but lost interest in the first 5min or so; I dislike when they start by telling you the ending. Might give it another chance since the plot looks promising.

I've rewatched about all of the Ghibli movies baring GoTF because feels... at some point they get formulaic. Looking at you nausicaä/mononoke-hime.

What's y'alls favorite?

Also watched Drifting Dragons, which was surprisingly good. Got dem E7 flashbacks

TFW you'll never get a giant whale dragon cutlet ;-;

RN watching Castlevania, the animation could be better but so far looks good.

2 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Just finished watching "Your Lie In April;"  I had to run through two t-shirts because both the sleeves on each t-shirt were drenched in tears + fluids from a runny nose. 

You should try A Silent Voice ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally ran out of things to watch, so decided to give Magi a try. So good.

It has just about everything you want in an anime.

Almost cried when Morgiana was at the bottom of the pit and her eyes were teary with blood. Damned flashbacks.

She dying down there would have been so epic, going out with all the untold feels from my boy Hakuryu.

I'm halfway through second season and I'm still not convinced she is gonna make it ;-;

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 11:00 PM, axx said:

Finally ran out of things to watch, so decided to give Magi a try. So good.

It has just about everything you want in an anime.

Hide contents

Almost cried when Morgiana was at the bottom of the pit and her eyes were teary with blood. Damned flashbacks.

Hide contents

She dying down there would have been so epic, going out with all the untold feels from my boy Hakuryu.

I'm halfway through second season and I'm still not convinced she is gonna make it ;-;

i was supposed to watch the season about Sinbad's but i'm lazy xD if by any chance you decide to go for it, gimme your opinion then i'll see if i watch or no q_q

18 hours ago, Diano said:

i was supposed to watch the season about Sinbad's but i'm lazy xD if by any chance you decide to go for it, gimme your opinion then i'll see if i watch or no q_q

Done with the main series and the ending was so disappointing. Felt like they tried to cram everything together and knot all the lose ties.

They introduced a bunch of characters and all for nothing.

The time-skip was poorly done, I would have preferred a jump at the beginning of S2 rather than half way through.

About the spin off, I'm on ep 3 but it does not look good. There are weird jumps which leave you wondering tf is going on.

It starts by showing you why Simbad has the right to be king, and is in route to become a story of how he met all his djins and vassals.

I don't think this series gets to explore Simbad's faults which earned him the distrust of Yunan and his own household members. That would be cool but I don't hold any hope.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have to watch "A Silent Voice" and I promise to get around to it.  I watched the Fate series (first Zero and then Stay/Night UBW) and while the series has some amazing characters + fight scenes, I really disliked the way they executed the storyline.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, NikhilR said:

I still have to watch "A Silent Voice" and I promise to get around to it.  I watched the Fate series (first Zero and then Stay/Night UBW) and while the series has some amazing characters + fight scenes, I really disliked the way they executed the storyline.

They have 3 different versions of the storyline. The canon storyline is Heavens feel which is a movie.

4 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Almost 2 months late, but I watched it yesterday and it was a fantastic watch.  Thank you for this recommendation, and if you have anymore suggestions, please pass them along.

Hey mate, glad you liked it. You're welcome!

I would suggest you Violet Evergarden now. But this one is kinda... slow?

I let you make your own opinion on it. I personally love this anime.

5 hours ago, Diano said:

Hey mate, glad you liked it. You're welcome!

I would suggest you Violet Evergarden now. But this one is kinda... slow?

I let you make your own opinion on it. I personally love this anime.

I was recommended this anime by someone else too, and I added it to my MAL watchlist.  Thanks!

Edited by NikhilR
7 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

will give it a try was on the fence. bit tired of "anime in highschool" 

you could always just drop it 

Anyone Else Not Bothered By SAO Rape Scene? | Anime Amino

so far it has nothing to do with highschool

edit: in fact it reminds me alot of terraformars

Edited by axx
  • 1 month later...