Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

4 hours ago, axx said:

yes fred, it can be very wrong

--

how similar is it to saga of tanya the evil?

tanya was in a alternate dimension which was similar but less evil. this is 1 for 1 up till 1930 something and Dracula, himler, ect are anime girls.

and as you play through ti you can effect who wins or looses which battles and wars ect, and ofc romance himler 

Edited by fredrichnietze
4 hours ago, Moetal said:

This is disgusting.

Tell me more.

im told ms Dracula is not in the picture and their will be nudity. one of the guys worked on Evangelion and Gurren Lagann. closer to 6x then 5x the goal has been reached.

Edited by fredrichnietze

And they have $45k backer? Good lord do I need to start selling moes?

if you do make sure the moes attract a lot of media attention do to something controversial that the younger generation will think is funny to get the free marketing, and be sure to make it lewd to get the cash. we may make fun of a certain person who sold noobs for shinys, but she got the shinys. go get them shekels 

Is crusades against Jews and Muslim controversy 

yes and if you do it give options to play as any faction, then you arent being the bad guy, youre giving the player the option to choose. make it bad enough to get the headlines and good enough to be enjoyable. 

also

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" "Kill them. For the Lord knows those that are His own." Less formal English translations have given rise to variants such as "Kill them all; let God sort them out."

not really "good guys" on any side here.

7 hours ago, Akshit said:

LF some dark / dystopian anime right now.

ghost in the shell (stand alone complex is a good start)

psychopass (dark from the beginging and gets darker)

darker than black 

shinsekai yori (very distopic and dark but it takes a few episodes to see it)

fma brotherhood (it takes its time getting there but it will trust me)

made in abyss (literal children going on a suicide mission)

a certain scientific railgun (fuck index this is the masterpiece. girl finds out she has clones and they keep getting murdered.....)

sakasama no patema (it is lit)

jormugand 

claymore (distopia? check dark as fuck? check but it is in a fantasy setting and the ending was somemwhat forced as the manga kept going but the show didnt. that being said the fights are epic. when everyone can regenerate you have to literally tear your opponents to pieces.)

jin - roh (follow a japanese super soldier fighting terrorist trying to blow themselves up. also arresting people is gay, what do you think the guns are for?)

7 hours ago, Akshit said:

Watched Nurarihyon no Mago, had never heard of it before, came across it randomly, quite interesting. LF some dark / dystopian anime right now.

Texhnolyze - Set in a dystopian city called Lux where a fighter loses some limbs. A scientists finds him who uses him as a test subject for her newly designed Texhnolyze. He then starts working for a leader in this gang and he comes across a girl called Ran who can see in the future and they realise that Lux is on the brink of war and collapse and they're the only ones who can stop the tragedy. 

It sounds messy but I'm not summarising the plot very well. The show is very slowly paced and can be hard to watch at times but its well worth watching through. Hopefully this sells it better:

"Texhnolyze is not a show for everyone. It's violent, slow, and almost downright depressing. It's also not a show where people just sit down and expect a fun experience. It's thought provoking and tries to create a narrative that's multi-layered and deep, and it definitely succeeds. It just happens to frighten away a good proportion of the anime fanbase in the process."

"The fact that a lot of the show was up to interpretation was also interesting. Plenty of friends cite how bleak it is, but I happen to think Texhnolyze has some uplifting moments. It offers up that mankind, even down in its darkest moments, is constantly fighting for survival, to live, to find one's meaning in life. It offers that while technology may be a bane on existence, perhaps there's something else there, that it helps us forge bonds or become more human than we were. Texhnolyze has these kinds of themes and messages for us, lying in wait. One just has to look for them to understand and enjoy what the show has to offer."

If you have not seen Texhnolyze I highly recommend it. 

Also @fredrichnietze said Shinsekai Yori which is amazing as well. +1

Edited by Etozuri

Already watched Texhnolyze, Ghost in the Shell, Shinsekai Yori, Darker Than Black, FMA Brotherhood, Made in Abyss, Jin Roh, Jormugand, Claymore.

And as for:

Sakasama no Patema, I saw Upside Down (movie) and seems like they got similar plot.

Psycho Pass, I saw Minority Report (movie with Tom Cruise), and seems like the plot line is similar again, if the head of their crime control organization is a criminal himself who actually kidnapped the kids who see future for him, etc... There isn't gonna be much surprises for me.

A Certain Scientific Railgun sounds interesting, is it related to Index / Accelerator in any way ? I've heard about it but never saw either of them, so will check this out 1st probably, any sequence in which to start watching ?