Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

ok so this season so far watched

-overlord

amazing

-death march

promising but too soon to tell. isekai programmer gets into a game he made and promptly levels up to a ridiculous game breaking amount and then.........does a lawful good overlord?

-kokoku

promising but too soon to tell and more horrory and drama then anything else. might end up being good but not my thing.

-violet evergarden

this is going to be amazing but it'll be sad as fuck. 

and going to watch beatless and hakumei to mikochi when i have time but they seem less promising to me. anyone see anything good i missed?

Besides 3 of those you listed (not into death march), also plan to watch Beatless, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni, and Darling in the FranXX.

Of the extras Ive watched Koi wa Amegari, but dont think slow romances/SoL/Seinnen are your thing.

--

Special shot out to Violet Evergarden, possing to be one of the best anime this year. Im giving a 9/10 from ep1 and indeed its a tear jerker.

6 hours ago, axx said:

Besides 3 of those you listed (not into death march), also plan to watch Beatless, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni, and Darling in the FranXX.

Of the extras Ive watched Koi wa Amegari, but dont think slow romances/SoL/Seinnen are your thing.

--

Special shot out to Violet Evergarden, possing to be one of the best anime this year. Im giving a 9/10 from ep1 and indeed its a tear jerker.

beatless added to to do list

also saw franxx a few hours ago and it looks interesting. distopia where you are useful or discarded with giant monsters and mechs and some sort of sex powered mechs? anywho its interesting but a bit weird. the aesthetic at times is really cool but their are a few DEEN moments where you can tell they either dont have the budget or rushed. feels like it could be a 10/10 for aesthetic alone if they had more time to work on it. 

Got to watch first ep of Beatless and Darling in the FranXX.

Droping beatless, looks like a crossover between plastic memories and ergo proxy.

Darling in the FranXX looks promising, agree that the aesthetics could be improved. So far I liked most of the characters and the world building. The mecha speaking kind of throws me off but the design looks cool. Getting all the E7/Evangnelion flashbacks so I might be biased towards this kind of anime.

Quality wise aldnoah is a great series. The plot is not that bad, well fitting of urobutcher.

IMO where they dropped the ball, as in many other forgettable shows, is world building and character design.

It could be that the dystopian society where the kids are our only hope is really old. But we were just told "this is how it is" so deal with it.

Of the three MCs only one was half decent and I wouldnt care less if the other two died in a pit during episode 1. Ridiculous vanilla villains with lame goals didn't help.

Finally i think the abuse of deus ex and overglorifying ojisamas abilities is what ended up driving the plot into a corner.

tl;dr we needed more human characters and a more carefully built world.

• 3 weeks later...