Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

On 10/31/2017 at 6:40 PM, fredrichnietze said:

children of the whales got dark fast and is one of the top show for me this season. possibly one of the best this year.

Double post because thread is dead eh...

--

Picked it up and watched up to Ep5, really enjoying the animation and the soundtrack, get shinsekai yori vibes every now and then.

That said, there are some flaws in the plot, pacing, character design, and most aggravating of it all is the heavy use of plot armor.

Spoilers ahead.

Ep.4 had few things that reduced the quality of the anime for me significantly:

• Our MC somehow managed to stay alive under heavy fire and a bunch of enemy soldiers.
  • The enemy soldiers were quite lame for "pro" soldiers, at times they seemed to be high or something. How is it possible that a couple of no names could take a few of them head on?
  • Important characters getting killed without an adequate backstory. Wish they had shown more of their daily lives instead of focusing on MC and random girl for 2 eps.
  • Enemy commanders out of character. That floating joker was so lame and the edgy guy didn't seem to have his emotions removed.

Ep 5. had some as well:

• Here we see surprisingly every person gets on MC team to go which hunting without any facts to back him up.
  • Tfw magic people using some arrows to kill weird monster they have never seen before.
  • New leader guy gets knocked cold without doing a thing.
  • That ultra secreet spot right next to the dungeons protected by some bamboos.
  • "Oneeee-sama" is all it takes to bribe one of their top SDF officers.

Its an interesting proposal and a good pick for this season for sure, but will wait for the whole thing to be over before giving it a rating.

Edited by axx
1 minute ago, axx said:

Hide contents

Ep.4 had few things that reduced the quality of the anime for me significantly:

• Our MC somehow managed to stay alive under heavy fire and a bunch of enemy soldiers. see point two but also their were using single shot muskets with old round style 1500-1800 lead rounds. they were rather inaccurate past 100-150 feet and they were mostly firing from the sky on moving ships vs another moving ship at distance. why were they doing this? well see point two but also in theory to protect themselves from counter attack by staying at the maximum range giving them a chance to back off if needed.
  • The enemy soldiers were quite lame for "pro" soldiers, at times they seemed to be high or something. How is it possible that a couple of no names could take a few of them head on? agreed. however why would they be pro soldiers? now adays in modern armys most soldiers are professional soldiers, however through most of history this was not the case. most countrys would recruit as many soldiers as they could and give little to no training before sending them to battle. the one soldier we spent the most time with has been in a single fight and has no idea about foreign powers. her brother appears to be some sort of noble and shes been trained better then most but even so shes been in a single fight her whole life before this.
  • Important characters getting killed without an adequate backstory. Wish they had shown more of their daily lives instead of focusing on MC and random girl for 2 eps. mostly agreed but the more you get attached the more it hurts =/
  • Enemy commanders out of character. That floating joker was so lame and the edgy guy didn't seem to have his emotions removed. agreed

Ep 5. had some as well:

• Here we see surprisingly every person gets on MC team to go which hunting without any facts to back him up. ehhhh no proof was provided but why would he lie about this? they've known him all their life 
  • Tfw magic people using some arrows to kill weird monster they have never seen before. yeaaaaa 
  • New leader guy gets knocked cold without doing a thing. hes a wuss
  • That ultra secreet spot right next to the dungeons protected by some bamboos. they dont seem to have much in the way of metal
  • "Oneeee-sama" is all it takes to bribe one of their top SDF officers. top military officer is what? 18-20?

Its an interesting proposal and a good pick for this season for sure, but will wait for the whole thing to be over before giving it a rating.

26 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Watched suisei no gargantia. Chambers is badass.

they were in talks for a second season, not sure what came out of that tho

what I found most interesting from the anime is that they time traveled

Edited by axx
22 hours ago, axx said:

they were in talks for a second season, not sure what came out of that tho

Hide contents

what I found most interesting from the anime is that they time traveled

Yeah, a sequel was announced. 

They made two 50 min each ovas and got away with it I guess.

Watched rewrite. s2 gets a lot better than s1. 

Even though ending seemed rushed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Torinnnnn said:

black clover looked good but the screaming from the MC made me cringe out 4 ep in

junni taisen killing with feels now man ;-;

--

the yelling is not as bad in the eng dub, but the pacing is still a struggle

3 minutes ago, axx said:

junni taisen killing with feels now man ;-;

--

the yelling is not as bad in the eng dub, but the pacing is still a struggle

idk i cant really get attached to anyone cuz u know

and ah is that true? hm well i saw toonami was airing it now so maybe ill check out the dub

2 minutes ago, axx said:

so finally got the time to catch up with stuff

looks like the whale guys took notice of all our concerns @fredrichnietze

are you keeping up with boruto, dies irae, black clover, inuyashiki?

junni taisen stil pretty good

the sequels doing ok for the most part, KKS is the best one imo

fate was a big disappointment @londark

boruto im waiting on for the manga to be available in my country. i assume its full of filler?

droped dies irae and black clover you were right about clover

keeping up with inuyashiki

junni taisen is on my too do list and im going to binge it soon

fates also on the list im witing for netflix to get the second half i finished the first and its disappointing =/ 

also watching shoujo shuumatsu ryokou and its pretty good. cute girls do cute things meets the end of the world fallout style. last episode i saw they had to blow up a giant robot.

also been watching mahoutsukai no yome and its good.

also the mc is totally a leshen/leshii/leshy from lore

2k2ejwvdwecz.jpg

also following mahoutsukai and while i don't think much about it is because it has little to no flaws

great animation, soundtrack and enjoyable characters

its just that is not outstanding either, being a sol might be the main reason for that but that's just my opinion

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

it's not really slice of life. whos normal life includes magic, fairys, and leshens? 

chises duh

where did the brat find the redheads head tho? wasnt she dead like long long ago or was ruth flashback more recent?

the only complaint i got is that often is difficult to catch the timeskips

Just now, axx said:

also following mahoutsukai and while i don't think much about it is because it has little to no flaws

great animation, soundtrack and enjoyable characters

its just that is not outstanding either, being a sol might be the main reason for that but that's just my opinion

chises duh

Hide contents

where did the brat find the redheads head tho? wasnt she dead like long long ago or was ruth flashback more recent?

the only complaint i got is that often is difficult to catch the timeskips

i THINK that the redhead died recently and was the body they found at the begining of the episode and it just seemed longer since all the flash backs were her as a child but maybe im wrong. either way its a cinema sin but still good overall