Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

1 hour ago, Eggplant said:

I need something to binge.

I enjoyed danganronpa a few years ago.

I heard there's an anime for danganronpa 3, but not for 2?

does it matter if i skip 2? Do i need to play the game for 2 to understand 3?

If so, should i just watch something else? And what?

I enjoy school life romance anime right now. Add some fantasy / magic elements to that. Maybe harem.

Something like negima would be swag.

you'll be fine assuming you plan on watching both of the airing danaganronpa series'.

I'm just going to post my favorites lol.

Attack on titan

Bleach

Cowboy Bepop

DB , DBZ, DBS

Death note
.Hack//sign
Durarara!!

Great Teacher Onizuka

Hunter x hunter
House of the five leaves

Naruto & Naruto Shippuden ( Too much filler & the entire end sucks but still a favorite)

Parasyte
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
princess mononoke

samurai champloo
samurai 7

Steins Gate

Tomoko Kuroki - WataMote

yu yu hakusho

Edited by frogbussoms
On 22/8/2016 at 8:59 AM, fredrichnietze said:

gakkou gurashi. cute girls going to school doing cute things.........

serious fucking spoilers which was ruined for me and also is the reason i watched the show, but after watching episode one i felt that maybe i lost something by knowing. only open if after reading this and deciding you need more to get you to watch it. 

Reveal hidden contents

during the zombie apocalypse.

gakkou-gurashi-46-pic-27.jpg

the feels are real man.

Fuck man, this is seriously nice

2 hours ago, Tritios said:

gakkou gurashi was really good, almost dropped it before i finished the first episode, so glad i didn't.

also @Eggplant if you still want recomdations:

yamada-kun and the 7 witches

akagami no shirayuki-hime

plastic memories

shigatsu wa kimi no uso (your lie in april)

Yamada is the absolute bomb, read the whole thing. Found it cause of the dude's previous manga. Apparently he was assistant of the dude who makes fairy tail.

If the other three are anything like it... I'm so in! tyty!

Moetal's recommendation list - only the best of the best, no trash or bullshit:

Mecha stuff:

Aldnoah.Zero

Gundam Unicorn

Gundam Build Fighter (You can ignore GBFT)

DRAMAAAA stuff:

Steins;Gate

Psycho Pass

Fun stuff:

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Aiura

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

Edited by Moetal
9 hours ago, Moetal said:

Moetal's recommendation list - only the best of the best, no trash or bullshit:

Mecha stuff:

Aldnoah.Zero

Gundam Unicorn

Gundam Build Fighter (You can ignore GBFT)

DRAMAAAA stuff:

Steins;Gate

Psycho Pass

Fun stuff:

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Aiura

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

KonaSuba is great, but it is trash (fan service, poor animation, bad studio imo). Still worth the watch though. 

Edited by Emlee
5 hours ago, Emlee said:

KonaSuba is great, but it is trash (fan service, poor animation, bad studio imo). Still worth the watch though. 

yes it has fan service. but i disagree about the trash part. their is a line between following a stereotype and making fun of said stereotype. it's a comedy and it's funny and it's easy to mistake what short of show and genre you are getting into at first because they are mocking said genre, but i dont think that makes it trash. even the fan service is done in a way that mocks fan service because now everyone thinks hes a uguu and hates the mc, except the one person who enjoys it. the hero's arent hero's and the villain has more honor and moral fibers then the hero's and their lives generally suck because this is all part of why the show is funny because it's not a show about hero's and villains in a game like world, but a show that makes fun of the genre in new and creative funny ways. 

44 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

yes it has fan service. but i disagree about the trash part. their is a line between following a stereotype and making fun of said stereotype. it's a comedy and it's funny and it's easy to mistake what short of show and genre you are getting into at first because they are mocking said genre, but i dont think that makes it trash. even the fan service is done in a way that mocks fan service because now everyone thinks hes a uguu and hates the mc, except the one person who enjoys it. the hero's arent hero's and the villain has more honor and moral fibers then the hero's and their lives generally suck because this is all part of why the show is funny because it's not a show about hero's and villains in a game like world, but a show that makes fun of the genre in new and creative funny ways. 

Yes. I like the show, it's great (and I'd recommend it), but satire or not that doesn't mean it stops coming off as trashy when there's tons of fan service and the animation is terrible at times. Yes, it's extremely comical - it's a very obvious comedy.

At what point does satire become completely free from the criticisms that the material it's based off of has? I don't really think it ever does. You're so afraid of loli stuff but when it's "satirical" you're all for it? There's no difference between Illya climbing on Miyu in Prisma Illya and Megumin rubbing her new staff between her legs when it comes to viewing. "Help I work with kids.... BUT THIS SHOW IS SELF AWARE".

I know you want to justify it, and you're welcome to it, but it still can be trashy imo. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hates fan service, avoids loli, etc, just like I'd recommend it to the people who love SAO-esque main characters. 

Edited by Emlee

i wouldnt say im afraid of "loli" stuff, but rather it's something i dont like. and the nature of humor is tragedy + distance. jokes are funny because at their root their is something wrong. could be as little as a pun mocking language for it's poorly thought out words, or it could be something horrible like murder. the purpose of humor is to laugh at such things instead of "feels bad man". i dont think their is a conflict here, because i dont think their is anything "off limits" that can not be joked about. 

as for the rest i think that's personal experience. this show has a lot of far out jokes and if i didnt study story telling to be a better DM i would not have seen many of the jokes, like the fact that this story is written in the style of realism while in a fantasy world and setting. a lot of comedy is funny to some while offensive or boring to others. after watching a review on it later i understood some of the jokes that i completely missed the first time i watched it. the show i brave in a way by putting so many hard to understand jokes in it, but i think they do it right and their is a place for this type of comedy.

1 minute ago, fredrichnietze said:

i wouldnt say im afraid of "loli" stuff, but rather it's something i dont like. and the nature of humor is tragedy + distance. jokes are funny because at their root their is something wrong. could be as little as a pun mocking language for it's poorly thought out words, or it could be something horrible like murder. the purpose of humor is to laugh at such things instead of "feels bad man". i dont think their is a conflict here, because i dont think their is anything "off limits" that can not be joked about. 

as for the rest i think that's personal experience. this show has a lot of far out jokes and if i didnt study story telling to be a better DM i would not have seen many of the jokes, like the fact that this story is written in the style of realism while in a fantasy world and setting. a lot of comedy is funny to some while offensive or boring to others. after watching a review on it later i understood some of the jokes that i completely missed the first time i watched it. the show i brave in a way by putting so many hard to understand jokes in it, but i think they do it right and their is a place for this type of comedy.

No one is saying it's not a funny cartoon. I'm happy you learned to understand more of the jokes. Being a comedy doesn't mean there is less fan service, nor does it make the animation better overall. 

Okay i completed "Steins Gate" my rate is , 9/10.

Its just perfect and original anime. Cant be anything unlogical coz of changable scenario for every minute.

Character portrayals and plot are perfect. Beginning , ending everthing was good. 

But i didnt say 10/10 . Coz thats not the anime that i can watch again and again. 

You will watch one time and you will be satisfied. -Full to overflowing- 

El Psy Congroo~

after re watching konosuba i got to agree that the many ass shots of aqua serve no purpose i can understand other then fan service, unless that "heaven sucks you cant have sex" line was something other then a sales pitch. even if so, it's fan service. and yea ep 9 is trash, althou funny at times.

25 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

after re watching konosuba i got to agree that the many ass shots of aqua serve no purpose i can understand other then fan service, unless that "heaven sucks you cant have sex" line was something other then a sales pitch. even if so, it's fan service. and yea ep 9 is trash, althou funny at times.

I do think her butt is pretty cute though.

43 minutes ago, Kyokatsu said:

I finished Steins;Gate recently too, it was pretty good but not THAT GREAT as people made it to be 

Everyone has different taste.. It's not a coincidence that everyone has that as a top favorite.

As for me a mainstream favorite that I dislike would be fairy tale. Can't make it past 5 episodes.

Edited by frogbussoms