Anime Club Leader : Hi, I'm Emluu. I love anime! Join my club <3

Emlee

2 hours ago, Instagramlol said:

tatami galaxy, fate series, welcome to the nhk, and oregairu are some

Hyouka (comedic, sort of drama), Kokoro Connect (drama), tanaka kun wa itsumo kedaruge (very light/comedy), KonoSuba (sort of VRMMO, very comedic, too much fan service but easy to watch and fun), Phantom World (comedic, gets much better as the series progresses). I find it hard to recommend off of Fate Series, it's good but it feels really unique to me. Plastic Memories is also good for SoL but it's also romance (not overbearing though).

In general Zankyou no Terror, Shinsekai Yori, Shiki, Underwater Sea Kids The Anime and AnoHana are ones I recommend to everyone. 

EDIT:

I second Noragami, it's a ton of fun. I personally liked the second season even more than the first. 

Edited by Emlee
9 hours ago, Emlee said:

Kokoro Connect

I couldn't even bring myself to finish Kokoro Connect (I almost always finish a series I start) after watching about halfway through it as it was airing, so I can't say I really see its appeal.

1 hour ago, Plague said:

I couldn't even bring myself to finish Kokoro Connect (I almost always finish a series I start) after watching about halfway through it as it was airing, so I can't say I really see its appeal.

I think it's a polarizing show. If you're not super invested in the characters then it's not something you'll enjoy. I was fairly attached to them and interested in their relationships. I can see it being painful to watch if that's not the case though. I also liked the concepts they explored - A LOT. It might be "too dramatic" for people but I think it's worth an attempt at least for anyone. 

On 6/7/2016 at 5:17 PM, Emlee said:

In general Zankyou no Terror, Shinsekai Yori, Shiki, Underwater Sea Kids The Anime and AnoHana are ones I recommend to everyone. 

aw yis

I have a huge list of like 50+ anime I need to watch including most of those, Shinsekai Yori was obviously amazing, but I haven't put time aside to watch an anime series for around a year until I recently decided to watch "Akame ga Kill" over the weekend, 6/10. 

p.s can I join your clubbu emluu?

46 minutes ago, Heimann said:

I binge watched till ep 9 or 10 of stray doge. I like the series, but kinda disappointed the MC has like no progression. 

I thought he showed some progress in episode 10. Happy you're watching it!

Edited by Emlee
11 minutes ago, Emlee said:

I thought he showed some progress in episode 10. Happy you're watching it!

He goes from 

AHHHHH I HAVE A POWER

AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL IT SLIGHTLY

To

I NOW HAVE UNEXPLAINABLE MASTERY WITH 0 TRAINING AND CAN NOW FIGHT HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE EVIL DUDE (not to mention he can morph in non moonlight??) U wot 

20 minutes ago, Heimann said:

He goes from 

Hide contents

AHHHHH I HAVE A POWER

AHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL IT SLIGHTLY

To

Hide contents

I NOW HAVE UNEXPLAINABLE MASTERY WITH 0 TRAINING AND CAN NOW FIGHT HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE EVIL DUDE (not to mention he can morph in non moonlight??) U wot 

As time goes on he's realizing that there are things (and people) he values/cares for and that gives him power. It's a tad ridiculous but I don't want to watch 10 episodes of him trying to learn to use his power AND I don't want to watch something similar to the MC in SAO, I'd much rather see it all come out at once in a really well animated fight scene that is ridiculously fun to watch. I think the entire idea is that he has an insane amount of power but he needs confidence (letting go of feeling unwanted/abandoned/lonely) and motivation (to help the agency, to save his friend/qt and help her not feel unwanted/abandoned/lonely) to use it. And that is what we saw in episode 10. Is it believable or entirely realistic? I don't know, I don't live in a world with these "abilities" (no it's probably not realistic).

Your opinion makes a lot of sense. I think I've really gotten over the idea of perfection or being realistic in anime, so it's good enough for me.

3 minutes ago, Emlee said:

Hide contents

As time goes on he's realizing that there are things (and people) he values/cares for and that gives him power. It's a tad ridiculous but I don't want to watch 10 episodes of him trying to learn to use his power AND I don't want to watch something similar to the MC in SAO, I'd much rather see it all come out at once in a really well animated fight scene that is ridiculously fun to watch. I think the entire idea is that he has an insane amount of power but he needs confidence (letting go of feeling unwanted/abandoned/lonely) and motivation (to help the agency, to save his friend/qt and help her not feel unwanted/abandoned/lonely) to use it. And that is what we saw in episode 10. Is it believable or entirely realistic? I don't know, I don't live in a world with these "abilities" (no it's probably not realistic).

Your opinion makes a lot of sense. I think I've really gotten over the idea of perfection or being realistic in anime, so it's good enough for me.

I understand that approach they seem to be rolling with. But it still doesn't explain how he keeps morphing while not in moonlight. 

1 hour ago, Heimann said:

Hide contents

I understand that approach they seem to be rolling with. But it still doesn't explain how he keeps morphing while not in moonlight. 

yeah definitely, we shall see. I guess I just thought he could learn to control it but moonlight would just force it. Maybe they'll address it.

Also Caster is scary ;____; 

37 minutes ago, Emlee said:

Reveal hidden contents

yeah definitely, we shall see. I guess I just thought he could learn to control it but moonlight would just force it. Maybe they'll address it.

Also Caster is scary ;____; 

Caster is by far the COOLEST. I originally thought I'd like the first assassin (the one who weaved through the force field thing) seemed pretty dope till got rekt 

20 minutes ago, Heimann said:

Caster is by far the COOLEST. I originally thought I'd like the first assassin (the one who weaved through the force field thing) seemed pretty dope till got rekt 

Gilga and Rider are my favourite servants in Zero. I agree that assassin could have been really great ;___;