Buff Elite four as a source of exp or reconsider daycare price per lvl

milluki

Question

Currently there isn't a real reason to train pokemon to 100lvl, it doesn't give you any edge over anything, it basically gives you nothing in end game. It's only preference that only possibly limits your options for Battle frontier.

Since you are nerfing so hard the daycare there isn't a good way of obtaining exp. In my opinion, level is not a stat that needs balancing but I can understand it being cheap up until now.

Can you at least buff Elite four as a source of exp?

Either decrease the cooldown (or remove it), or add a payout from the battles. I personally prefer the removal of its cooldown.

My view on it: If you remove the cooldown you are making elite four a good exp source because the exp you can gain from it in one hour is way more than what you get in one hour of island farming but you lose on cash. If you add some cash it can possibly compete with the island farming exp gains while you still lose cash.

Right now Elite four is completely useless either way.

Another thing that you possibly want to address with this change is leveling to 50. If this is the intention then maybe instead of nerfing the price per lvl why don't you nerf the price of exchanging with the daycare per pokemon which is only 100?

Some personal experience:
60-70lvls each pokemon, for 3 pokemon =180K-210K in a span of 4-5 days for a useless stat.

It makes daycare unusable for exp farming while the only way of obtaining exp, worth doing, is islands which will take forever if you want to train many pokemon.

Edited by milluki

22 answers to this question

I think that the devs are trying too hard to fix the economy with new money sinks. While yes, they will help the economy, too many will only hurt it. Last I was in-game (A month or two ago), the economy seemed fairly stable as it was (I could be wrong). Increasing the base cost of using the day care is fine, but I say leave the price per level as is. (1k to 10k for them to hold a pokemon and then an additional 100 per level)

I think that the devs are trying too hard to fix the economy with new money sinks. While yes, they will help the economy, too many will only hurt it. Last I was in-game (A month or two ago), the economy seemed fairly stable as it was (I could be wrong). Increasing the base cost of using the day care is fine, but I say leave the price per level as is. (1k to 10k for them to hold a pokemon and then an additional 100 per level)

What the increased day care prices do in the end is force you not to use day care up to lvl ~90 because it just isn't worth its cost before that. In the end you pay 10k compared to ~7k you paid before for complete training, so the money sink stays the same, but raising pokemon to lvl 100 just gets even slower, which means lvl 100 gets even less desirable.

In the end I guess I won't use day care at all anymore and just level my pokemon to 50 only.

Buff elite four?

B-but Tranz... oh well I guess it's okay he doesn't play anymore.

That may be your point of view, but few people seem to be thinking long term.

Well I wouldn't say that my 100s were made because I'm thinking "long term", they became 100s because I hate seeing a poke with lvl 51 or 56, it hurts my OCD a lot, it's a matter of preference imo.

Perhaps there will be more uses to a level 100 in the future.

Tournaments for 50s and 100s? Sounds interesting. Damage calcs for 100s are different than for 50s, dope

That may be your point of view, but few people seem to be thinking long term.

Perhaps there will be more uses to a level 100 in the future.

Oh, I'm sure there will be. However, at this time, leveling to 100 has very, very few uses. Therefore, the Daycare is rarely used.

Buff elite four?

B-but Tranz... oh well I guess it's okay he doesn't play anymore.

Well I wouldn't say that my 100s were made because I'm thinking "long term", they became 100s because I hate seeing a poke with lvl 51 or 56, it hurts my OCD a lot, it's a matter of preference imo.

Tournaments for 50s and 100s? Sounds interesting. Damage calcs for 100s are different than for 50s, dope

The reason for implementing the level scaling in Tournament Mode was to get rid of the separate level 50 and 100 tournaments. I doubt they would bring that back. It will probably be for endgame dungeons at some point.

Edited by Pereiraa
Removed your double post, please don't do it

The reason for implementing the level scaling in Tournament Mode was to get rid of the separate level 50 and 100 tournaments. I doubt they would bring that back. It will probably be for endgame dungeons at some point.

Sorry for the double post. I didn't realize until I posted it.

i think he means they probably will do some 100s tourny with the new pvp system

Edited by GeneralVenican

hope u mean 1-3 e4 runs and not members? cus thats a lie

Not even a lie lol. By the time I get done EV training (without vitamins) my pokemon are around 35-45. Which only takes about 1-3 members of the E4. I would end up giving the pokemon I'm leveling an Exp Share then place it in the first slot where it would gain about 75% of the Exp. Then switch on every new pokemon that comes out. This is how I leveled my comps. Of course I work on 1 comp at a time.

Edited by Kite

The e4 doesn't need buffed or payouts I mean depending on what i'm lvling to 50, it can take 1-3 E4 members to reach to lvl 50. I don't use the Daycare to level a pokemon. So the increase of price doesn't bother me.

Kite, you strike again with your legendary unhelpfulness. This thread is not talking about leveling to 50. We all know that's very easy and can be done in under an hour. It's the next 50 levels that irritate people. If you are really against gaining more reward for the same amount of work (or more reward in the same amount of time if they remove the timer), then you are masochist of astounding proportion. Personally, I can't see any downsides to removing the timer, though getting a bit of money would be nice, too. Maybe make the E4 members each give an amount close to that of the average Island Trainer.

Kite, you strike again with your legendary unhelpfulness. This thread is not talking about leveling to 50. We all know that's very easy and can be done in under an hour. It's the next 50 levels that irritate people. If you are really against gaining more reward for the same amount of work (or more reward in the same amount of time if they remove the timer), then you are masochist of astounding proportion. Personally, I can't see any downsides to removing the timer, though getting a bit of money would be nice, too. Maybe make the E4 members each give an amount close to that of the average Island Trainer.

First of all, they won't give a payout to the E4. They stated this a long time ago quite a bit of times. Second of all by increasing the Exp for those who just want lvl 50 would make it faster yes, however it also increases the chance of over leveling. Which isn't good for the BF. If you thought of these things you wouldn't say my post is unhelpful. I didn't think I would need to point the obvious.