Character Customization 2.0

Isn't the customization/overworld thing one of the main reasons to play PokeMMO instead of Showdown or such a thing?
I just dont get why the colors or eyebrowes/hairstyles are removed. If you say you can make a nice looking character with the new things, why cant you make it with the old ones either?

Isn't the customization/overworld thing one of the main reasons to play PokeMMO instead of Showdown or such a thing?
I just dont get why the colors or eyebrowes/hairstyles are removed. If you say you can make a nice looking character with the new things, why cant you make it with the old ones either?

have you ended your gym battle strike? The entire community is on the edge of their seats

I dont really care much for the color palette except for Purple and grey (Try and guess why), although I do wish that there is a darker shade of purple. Other than that, I do not mind the character customization EXCEPT the part where my eyes continuously go back to regular Amber eyes instead of Angry eyes. It gets a little annoying and tedious when I have to repetitively change them back each time I sign in.... Is this a personal glitch or something? Or is this for other people and an actual thing that is supposed to happen?

I dont really care much for the color palette except for Purple and grey (Try and guess why), although I do wish that there is a darker shade of purple. Other than that, I do not mind the character customization EXCEPT the part where my eyes continuously go back to regular Amber eyes instead of Angry eyes. It gets a little annoying and tedious when I have to repetitively change them back each time I sign in.... Is this a personal glitch or something? Or is this for other people and an actual thing that is supposed to happen?

You can also type "/em_angry" into the chat and get the same effect.

'True Black' doesn't fit the environment or the NPCs - The current black does however, and is still Black.

I think it looks nice, I use it myself after all.

U know what gall stones do to poo (they make it grey, if u don't know)? that's what happened to black...  

Also I'd prefer to look like the spoiler guy, cause i'm not part of the npc invironment...

U know what gall stones do to poo (they make it grey, if u don't know)? that's what happened to black...  

Also I'd prefer to look like the spoiler guy, cause i'm not part of the npc invironment...

When designing the visual aspects of a game, all parts of it should look like a single product - a living, breathing world. The previous black didn't look like a part of the same world as the environment and NPCs. The very definition of NPC (non-player character) means that their look shouldn't be disregarded. They're as much a part of the game's visual design as each player character and vise versa. In terms of colour palette, they should be quite similar.

The awful black that looked like nothing existing in the game world and that stripped the items of all of their detail is not coming back.

A common complaint I'd received was the inability to tell the gender of a character apart, which I felt was a fairly reasonable complaint given that we allow players to decide which gender they'd like to be at the creation screen.

What's the point of a choice if it has real bearing?

So I put a lot of focus into making each hairstyle reflect the choice that was made, aiming for around 10 hairstyles on either side - which is pretty good for most MMOs.

I don't get this at all. Because little sprite characters don't look gendered enough, the answer is to force players to pick hairstyles that are blatantly one gender?

***If someone was disappointed that their sprite didn't look gendered enough before, then they could just pick a hairstyle or outfit or something that would give the impression they want.***

Why is cutting out over half of the options the answer to this? I'm sure that I'm not the only one that appreciated Pokemmo before for actually have a decent selection of customization options. I feel like a lame NPC now with the (strikingly unvaried) new options.

Sorry, rant over. I just can't grasp why limiting customization is supposed to be an "update." It is literally regression.

(Actually, cont'd: What exactly is wrong with somewhat gender ambiguous sprites? If all it takes is long hair to make a sprite look feminine, then that was an option before; but, in addition, having the ability to choose the look within the gender left options open for people that wanted to, for example, play a feminine looking character with a female rival in Hoenn, or vice versa. I don't know if many people have noticed, but the male rival in Emerald is far more condescending than the female one.)

When designing the visual aspects of a game, all parts of it should look like a single product - a living, breathing world. The previous black didn't look like a part of the same world as the environment and NPCs. The very definition of NPC (non-player character) means that their look shouldn't be disregarded. They're as much a part of the game's visual design as each player character and vise versa. In terms of colour palette, they should be quite similar.

The awful black that looked like nothing existing in the game world and that stripped the items of all of their detail is not coming back.

Technically you would be correct but you've got the wrong angle on this one.(Most) People want to stick out of the (grey) mass - not be a part of it.

We don't ask you to bring that black back. We just want a black that can call himself that way because the one at hand is just a darker shade of grey

[spoiler]and not even one of the 50 good ones
[spoiler]just had to bring that pun, sry ^^[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I think it wouldn't hurt to add an extra 4th line of colour options on the bottom end to the menu

Technically you would be correct but you've got the wrong angle on this one.(Most) People want to stick out of the (grey) mass - not be a part of it.

This is why we have fancy hats and other accessories. They don't look completely out of place and they set players apart from NPCs.

This is why we have fancy hats and other accessories. They don't look completely out of place and they set players apart from NPCs.

Also with same limited colour options.

And now your earlier statement...

When designing the visual aspects of a game, all parts of it should look like a single product - a living, breathing world.

... is void because of we have have a gift shop with items to stand out of the world we're in.

I just have to say, that there are in fact people (Like myself) who may not want to use any hats/helmets/etc. So still, taking the black away still wasn't a good idea from the point of view of other players (I personally don't give a crap though, I didnt even pick black for any of my colors before the update).

There are good and bad things with this CC 2.0 imo.

The good thing is that the overall look of the game is better because details on the characters are thinner, more elaborate. Some people (including me) will say than a particular item was more beautiful before, but it's mainly a matter of tastes and colors (except for the ninja mask for which everyone agrees that it's worse than before).

The main bad point is that we have the feeling that we have less possibilities than before to create a character, which is a pity.

Indeed, while none item was added, some things were removed. There are much less possibilities for the facial structure of our character : less beards, less eyebrows, less eyes, less hairstyles (cause we can't choose a female hairstyle for a male character, and vice versa).

I think people were attached to their old character, and removing possibilities is a bad idea because a lot of them can't even make something similar.

I am personally disappointed because my old character was ruined by this update. It was a ninja with a female hairstyle and angry eyebrows. Add to this a lighter black, an ugly ninja mask, and you have some kind of hideous mixture.

In conclusion, Character Customization didn't really evolve with this update. Considering that it is one of the strong points of PokeMMO to stand out from its competition, I hope that there will be some adjustments.

Edited by XPLOZ