PvP Update

OrangeManiac

[spoiler]

PVP

General

• Matchmaking is now Single Battle OU only.

Unranked

• On winning, Unranked matchmaking now gives a Battle Point reward. (500+(50 per 100MMR>500))
  • Unranked matches have a 60 minute time limit on total match time. Other match formats (Ranked, Tournaments, Duels) do not have this restriction.

Ranked

• Ranked matchmaking now occurs twice per day, at 5PM UTC and 10PM UTC.
  • Ranked matchmaking queues last for 1 hour.
  • On winning, Ranked matchmaking now gives a Battle Point reward. (7500+(50 per 100MMR>500)
  • Ranked matchmaking has a fee of 5000BP to enter.

Automated Tournaments

• The top 128 Ranked players are eligible to enter into Automated Tournaments every month.
  • Automated Tournaments are Single Elimination, Single Battles OU tournaments with configurable Shiny prizes.

Battle Replays

• Tournament matches can now be replayed at any time in the Tournaments window."

[/spoiler]

I just wanted to say that this is just perfectly made in so many ways. Good job guys.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Theres a small NU tournament running in ~54 minutes if anybody wants to get on and enter, only set it to 16 man cause I wasn't sure how long it would take or how many would be on in a short timeframe, and team tournament is also tonight apparently.

Change that, NU not implemented so looks like its OU, and its in ~20 minutes now.

elo ranking still a thing right? do the ranked matches give/take a larger elo from you then unranked? also any chance of getting a small minimum elo requirement to play ranked? mainly to force new players to learn in unranked a little before going to ranked, and also to prevent alt farming with multiple pc's in ranked. some of the less popular teirs in showdown tend to have one or two guys with a dozen alts at the top, while also spread out thru the ranks with their alts. one guy with one elo is preferable i think?

One question about the tournament registration. Let's say that signups start 30 minutes before the tournament. I noticed that I need to keep the "Tournament Signup" window open to stay in the queue. And it disappears when I leave 1st floor of PC. Do we really need to "do nothing" for such a long time after registering?

elo ranking still a thing right?
do the ranked matches give/take a larger elo from you then unranked?
also any chance of getting a small minimum elo requirement to play ranked? mainly to force new players to learn in unranked a little before going to ranked, and also to prevent alt farming with multiple pc's in ranked. some of the less popular teirs in showdown tend to have one or two guys with a dozen alts at the top, while also spread out thru the ranks with their alts. one guy with one elo is preferable i think?

• Yeah. That's 'Ranked' now. ELO and MMR are synonymous for our usage.
  • Unranked has a hidden MMR, separate from the Ranked MMR. They don't influence each other.
  • We were planning on restricting Ranked PVP behind some character goal (e.g. 'Complete PvE storyline before competing in PvP') but didn't get it done in time for PTS. If smurfing becomes more severe, we can do something like 'Require # of unranked matches before participating in Ranked'. Locking it behind Unranked's MMR just forces bad players out though, and you should still be able to play even if you're bad.

One question about the tournament registration. Let's say that signups start 30 minutes before the tournament. I noticed that I need to keep the "Tournament Signup" window open to stay in the queue. And it disappears when I leave 1st floor of PC. Do we really need to "do nothing" for such a long time after registering?

Sounds like an oversight on our end due to how it was previously. Some of these changes were only completed yesterday, but we'll have it fixed before it deploys to live.

Hey, I'm not the smartest person, especially not at maths... I'm calling out all you math geeks to teach me.

The BP rewards for winning an unranked are:

(500+(50 per 100MMR>500))

What does that mean?

Do you get 500 BP standard, then 50 MMR per 100. If MMR system is like other games, and the average is like 1500 MMR, that's another 750. Then what does the >500 mean?

Hey, I'm not the smartest person, especially not at maths... I'm calling out all you math geeks to teach me.

What does that mean?

Do you get 500 BP standard, then 50 MMR per 100. If MMR system is like other games, and the average is like 1500 MMR, that's another 750. Then what does the >500 mean?

I think the >500 means that you only get the additional 50 BPs if you are at 500 Elo or higher, I might be wrong tho

What does that mean?

I think it means you get 50BP per 100MMR that you have above 500. In your example that would be 500 extra BP.

On the average MMR: "After a monthly Automated Tournament is complete, Ranked MMR is 'flatted', pulling all players' Ranked MMR towards the base of 500 by a relative amount."

So I assume 500 will be the average or a bit below the average.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.