Pokemon Sun & Moon

londark

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Telf said:

damn i was hoping it would have been faster with better spatk

As far as I can tell there weren't any gargantuan changes like that to any of the alolan forms. It was either types/abilities or small stat changes.

Also tfw my favorite pokemon from the new gen is confirmed to be fucking awesome/possibly borderline OP.

minior.png

Shell Smash

Edited by Plague
5 hours ago, Plague said:

As far as I can tell there weren't any gargantuan changes like that to any of the alolan forms. It was either types/abilities or small stat changes.

Also tfw my favorite pokemon from the new gen is confirmed to be fucking awesome/possibly borderline OP.

minior.png

Reveal hidden contents

Shell Smash

Oh damn I wasn't paying much attention to learned moves. But shell smash + it's defensive stats, then transform into the offensive stats, that is so good.

Also tfw you're listening to the music from the game and get some minor story spoilers due to who's theme you're listening too or thumbnails ;_; In any case this is Solgaleo/Lunalas theme, I really like it.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, OrangeManiac said:

9 days hype.

This is the first handheld I'm gonna get on day 1, and decided to give this VGC thing a go despite not having any real events nearby me. If there's someone willing to do co-operation to breed some comps and so forth, hit me up.

Same here. I didn't get ORAS but will probably end up getting this and trying VGC. I actually live very close to Cardiff where lots of events happen.

Also, we need a friend code thread, right?

I tried getting into breeding in x and y but it never happened. With how easy they're making it in s&m I'm definitely going to try to get into the vgc scene, or any competitive scene not on showdown.

Just of curiosity does anyone know what pokemon they'll be using on their story line team? I think I'll use Popplio, Komala, Mimikyu, Minior, Salandit and not sure on the last. Morelull wouldn't be bad, but I like other pokemon more than it. I like Turtonator, Wimpod, Palosand, Wishiwashi and Dehlmise but don't need another fire/water type. Might go with Palosand or Dehlmise

@Kizhaz

Got any link to share where s&m breeding is explained? Too lazy to browse the whole thread not knowing if it's even mentioned. Thanks.

Edit: Like I dont trust reddit one bit but it says you can even increase IVs in it. That would be awesome. I found some links of mentioning of the so called hyper training becoming in effect and all, just wondered if there was a somewhat reliable source of things to get me some hype reading.

Edited by OrangeManiac
9 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

@Kizhaz

Got any link to share where s&m breeding is explained? Too lazy to browse the whole thread not knowing if it's even mentioned. Thanks.

Edit: Like I dont trust reddit one bit but it says you can even increase IVs in it. That would be awesome. I found some links of mentioning of the so called hyper training becoming in effect and all, just wondered if there was a somewhat reliable source of things to get me some hype reading.

Yeah there is a guy who you can trade some item for him to increase your pokemons IV's. It's written somewhere in the s&m website, (I'd link it but on my phone atm). So the competitive scene has become extremely accessible

12 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I tried getting into breeding in x and y but it never happened. With how easy they're making it in s&m I'm definitely going to try to get into the vgc scene, or any competitive scene not on showdown.

Just of curiosity does anyone know what pokemon they'll be using on their story line team? I think I'll use Popplio, Komala, Mimikyu, Minior, Salandit and not sure on the last. Morelull wouldn't be bad, but I like other pokemon more than it. I like Turtonator, Wimpod, Palosand, Wishiwashi and Dehlmise but don't need another fire/water type. Might go with Palosand or Dehlmise

I personally like Lycanroc (The midday form anyway). Will probably go with Popplio, Lycanroc, Wishiwashi, Dehlmise, Kommo-o and possibly Minior.

Jesus christ the pokedex entries have never been this dark

Mimikyu(Broken): After going to all the effort of disguising itself, its neck was broken. Whatever is inside is probably unharmed, but it’s still feeling sad.

Cosmoem: Motionless as if dead, its body is faintly warm to the touch. In the distant past, it was called the cocoon of the stars.

Mankey: It can spontaneously become enraged. Everyone near it clears out as it rampages, and the resulting loneliness makes it angrier still.

Primeape: It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however.

Gengar: Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

Frosslass: When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations.

Cubone: When it thinks of its deceased mother, it weeps loudly. Mandibuzz that hear its cries will attack it from the air.

Goodra: An amazingly friendly Pokémon, but if left to itself, loneliness overcomes it, and it oozes gooey tears.

Toxapex: Toxapex crawls along the ocean floor on its 12 legs. It leaves a trail of Corsola bits scattered in its wake.

Garchomp: It can fly at speeds rivaling jet planes. It dives into flocks of bird Pokémon and gulps the entire flock down whole.

Edited by TheGloriousWalrus
but wait, there's more

The buffs! Flygon gets ddance, Mantine gets roost and more HP, Dodrio just amazing. Rip Levitate Gengar

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yx61tXCHTp9PqvluxdN1Xi2zcUxATI1f3uS7UHtpeQ0/edit?pageId=117728028209271225985#gid=0

Move changes here;

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5buert/all_changed_moves_in_pokémon_sun_and_moon/

Destiny bond isn't on the list but apparently it works like Protect now and Gale wings only works at full HP, rip Talonflame

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/25191-vgc-2017-rules/

Damn I'm so hyped. Glad to see only Sun & Moon caught Pokemon are allowed, means everyone is on the same starting line. Mega-less meta sounds really interesting and diverse, rather. Not Mega-Kanga in every team (even though I know it got nerfed). Every addition sounds very reasonable, almost feels like they actually considered how to make an interesting meta compared to the disaster that was VGC 2016 with its 100% Primal usage.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Some very interesting move mechanic changes. Sucker punch dropping slightly in base power should be significant - I wish they had nerfed knoff off a little, though. Also with regards to stat changes, +25 sp att to swellow is a huge jump. Isn't sp attacking swellow a thing in lower tiers? Loving dodrios buffs too

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Some very interesting move mechanic changes. Sucker punch dropping slightly in base power should be significant - I wish they had nerfed knoff off a little, though. Also with regards to stat changes, +25 sp att to swellow is a huge jump. Isn't sp attacking swellow a thing in lower tiers? Loving dodrios buffs too

knock off is now 45 base power iirc

8 minutes ago, TheGloriousWalrus said:

knock off is now 45 base power iirc

Even when it knocks an item off?

edit: just found the info on smogon forums, looks like it'll still get double power when it knocks something off but that base power drop is still gonna be great for dealing with the move 

Edited by Gunthug
2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Specs Boomburstt Sweelow OP