Pokemon Sun & Moon

londark

15 hours ago, RedHairedShanks said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but do you also have a problem with pokemon such as Machamp looking too masculine?

I don't see why it should be an issue if you liked Popplio before

well you see machop looks like its gonna be a masculine pokemon b4 it even evolves but poplio looks like a regular clown, it makes no sense to evolve it into a merperson/seal hybrid i have no problem with girly pokemon, i like garde/lopunny/ and milotic just fine.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mimikyuu's disguise, does that literally just give it a free hit on it before it takes damage?

If so that seems very very powerful as an ability, essentially free Substitute at the start of the battle.

It'll have to have fairly weak other stuff to balance such a borderline broken ability.

Ahh, Serebii has the abilities:

Disguise: Can take damage once without being affected, then its appearance changes

Triage: Healing moves are highest priority

Wimp Out: Upon reaching <50% The pokemon Flees, or swaps out with another pokemon

Stamina: When you take damage get +1 defense

Edited by Matoka

Comfey is the Klefki of this generation :/

Bounsweet kinda looks like cherubi

I'm ok with Wimpod, it's literally a Bug... I think, although I thought Kabuto was a bug

Mudsdale is kinda on my Drampa list atm, has to grow on me, although stamina is a pretty good ability

Mimikyu is still amazing

Bewear.... Boo-urns

2 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Comfey is the Klefki of this generation :/

Bounsweet kinda looks like cherubi

I'm ok with Wimpod, it's literally a Bug... I think, although I thought Kabuto was a bug

Mudsdale is kinda on my Drampa list atm, has to grow on me, although stamina is a pretty good ability

Mimikyu is still amazing

Bewear.... Boo-urns

Priority healing isn't as bad as Priority everything that isn't an attack, plus we don't know what movepools it has, it could possibly get barely any good moves that AREN'T healing

Its totally getting Heal Pulse and Wish etc though.

Edited by Matoka
1 minute ago, Matoka said:

Priority healing isn't as bad as Priority everything that isn't an attack, plus we don't know what movepools it has, it could possibly get barely any good moves that AREN'T healing

Its totally getting Heal Pulse and Wish etc though.

I meant design wise but yea that too :P

9 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I meant design wise but yea that too :P

Btw, at what point would Mimikyu be too broken / not good enough simply based on stats?

Considering it can hold a focus sash to essentially be guranteed to be able to survive 2 hits, if it can learn a set up move and Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak / Play Rough it could be pretty nasty if it could also learn Swords Dance...

It might end up like Greninja and banned to ubers if the stats are even semi decent simply due to its huge revenge killing potential.

I also realized this is the first time we've seen Water/Bug typing since Surskit, just a reminder but it's a pretty good type with the follow type resistances:

c36ed46885844e68a191fa5f78f5d4a5.png

Wimpod really gives me the feeling it'll get an evolution but keep it's ability, which would be neat.

Edited by Matoka
12 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Btw, at what point would Mimikyu be too broken / not good enough simply based on stats?

Considering it can hold a focus sash to essentially be guranteed to be able to survive 2 hits, if it can learn a set up move and Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak / Play Rough it could be pretty nasty if it could also learn Swords Dance...

And if it could learn Belly Drum and having a good Speed stat it could be amazing. Too bad we don't know it's stats, movepool etc. Till they are out we can't really say much about it, except it has a cool ability and it's cute..

Anyway, i think it'll have peaper like defenses

Edited by londark
1 minute ago, londark said:

And if it could learn Belly Drum and having a good Speed stat it could be amazing. Too bad we don't know it's stats, movepool etc. Till they are out we can't really say much about it, except it has a cool ability and it's cute..

Anyway, i think it'll have peaper like defenses

ofc we have no clue what its stats are like and what it's move pool is like

But I can make a fairly confident guess that it's gonna get Shadow Claw cause of it's typing and how it makes that swipe motion when it attacks

Play rough i'm not as sure of but it is fair typing and they will probably give it a stab fairy type move, play rough makes more sense to me than Moon Blast or dazzling gleam

Shadow sneak i'm not sure but defo wouldn't be surprised

Belly drum I doubt it would get, and Its probably better to assume it will have terrible defenses like you said.

Munsdale is probably my favorite out of that set. Hope that move it uses in the video is something worth using competitively

You guys are right about Mimikyu or whatever will easily be banned if it has above average stats. 3 resistinances and a free sub when switching in? (Assuming the ability works multiple times) is just crazy

Just now, RedHairedShanks said:

Munsdale is probably my favorite out of that set. Hope that move it uses in the video is something worth using competitively

You guys are right about Mimikyu or whatever will easily be banned if it has above average stats. 3 resistinances and a free sub when switching in? (Assuming the ability works multiple times) is just crazy

Stated to only work once on serebii, probably will not reset even after switching or reaching full HP again (Unlike with Focus Sash / Sturdy)

12 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Stated to only work once on serebii, probably will not reset even after switching or reaching full HP again (Unlike with Focus Sash / Sturdy)

You're probably right that it won't reset, but they didn't make it clear in my opinion that that's confirmed. 

If im not mistaken, that'd be the first ability ever to have a singular use in that way, that's why I thought switching out would reset it

probably wrong about that being the only ability but I'm on my phone and it's harder to look stuff up haha

Edited by RedHairedShanks

You're probably right that it won't reset, but they didn't make it clear in my opinion that that's confirmed. 

If im not mistaken, that'd be the first ability ever to have a singular use in that way, that's why I thought switching out would reset it 

Illusion (Zoroark's signature ability) works exactly the same way, upon being hit the Illusion dissipates and never comes back for the duration of the battle.

10 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Illusion (Zoroark's signature ability) works exactly the same way, upon being hit the Illusion dissipates and never comes back for the duration of the battle.

Figured I'd miss something in gen 5 (wasn't a fan) 

well we can hope it works like that! Otherwise we'll know what poke will be on every team in gen 7

Figured I'd miss something in gen 5 (wasn't a fan) 

well we can hope it works like that! Otherwise we'll know what poke will be on every team in gen 7

I can already see Multi-Hit moves being a meta thing in that universe

Then there is that one guy who runs Rocky Helmet Mimikyu to counterplay them, Ah, sweet speculation before a game release, it's always amusing.

Yeah disguise only works once per battle, so its nice but not op.

Also for anyone that cares Mudsdale uses a move called High Horsepower... so new ground move for rapidash? Unless drill run still stronger

• 2 weeks later...